Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinbad
    • Dec 2009

I wonder why tottenham do not succeed?, Both players are very good may be better than arsenal.
    but spur can not be a big team but a team is better than the middle of the table.
    ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• Mikevigar
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sinbad View Post
      I wonder why tottenham do not succeed?, Both players are very good may be better than arsenal.
      but spur can not be a big team but a team is better than the middle of the table.
      I think we've made a lot of progress, broke into the champions league last year and have taken it by storm so far. We don't have an unstoppable starting XI at the moment, we're weaker than other teams up front.

Its a season by season process though, we might not make top 4 this year given City's ability but as you say, we're still pretty far ahead everyone below us and keeping relatively close to the pack ahead.

Comment

• sinbad
        • Dec 2009

I think if spurs buy players in the defender position CB and RB
        It would solve the problem to their defense.
        Because I do not think we can expect the return of Woodgate and King because they were wating for the countdown of days to retire.
        and alan hutton is often a weakness of the team.
        I think the manager should pay for Brede Hangeland or Ryan Shawcross in a position centerback and Seamus Coleman or Gregory van der Wiel in a position right back.
        Would be a good choice and will make Tottenham a strong team not vice other big teams.

Comment

• sinbad
          • Dec 2009

You are right J,
          If we do not dare to pay. We will not vie for the position to go to UCL with man city.
          I understand that we have a very talented young player. If the team give the chance to play with them in first team would be the benefit to the team in the future. I feel regret players like Kyle Naughton,Kyle Walker,Dos Santos to be left to other teams on loan I hope they will come back with more experience to strengthen for the first team.
          Most important, we need to keep players like Defoe, Modric and Bale with the team and not sold to other teams in the future, I believe that Tottenham will be a strong team than now. Do you think like me?

Comment

• modern77
            • Oct 2006

Can't believe Arsenal are going to let the transfer window close without buying a defender, when they are paper thin at the back, and still competing on all fronts. Wenger is a stubborn man.

Comment

• doodledo
              • Jan 2011

They'll struggle to cope on all fronts as the season goes on

Comment

• modern77
                • Oct 2006

Well the Carling Cup (lol) is theirs to lose. A spirited come back victory against Everton shows that they have more resolve than seasons past. but with the home stretch rapidly approaching, and more bodies being added to the injury list (Nasri, Song, and I'm sure Van Persie won't make it to the end of the season), a move or two in the transfer market would have been prudent. Excited for the Barca tie though...

Comment

• shah
                  • Jul 2009

who is excited about an el classico kings cup final? then , imagine if they get drawn together in the next knockout round of CL (come on, arsenal will be destroyed 10-0 on aggregate ) then it'll mean a total of 5 el classicos this season

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

With Ronaldo's retirement today, all of the larger-than-life players of my youth have left the game.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• elephantstone
                      • Jan 2011

Mine ended when Nedved retired

Comment

• shah
                        • Jul 2009

as depressing as it was, Messi is here to save the day

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

gratuitous, seriously disappointed inner monologue post, post-Barça/Arsenal match

hope everyone is not posting here because they're watching what has been, thus far, a pretty terrific CL match today pitting Barça against Arsenal (though it's slowing down with 15 minutes to go.)

Fuck. Right as I comment that Barça seems to be fading in their concentration and interest, Arsenal equalizes from a goal scored at an outrageously wide-angle that could and should have been stopped by Valdes, who was standing at the near post. WTF.

And as I write this HOLY SHITE. Arshavin. Arshavin. I am speechless. This is a SERIOUS DISAPPOINTMENT. Barça has five minutes - let's hope they wake up *right now.* MAN.

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• modern77
                            • Oct 2006

Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game. Can't say I expected it, but man what a performance. Wilshere was immense.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

what a splendid game to watch. two of my favourite teams, which imo play the most interesting and enjoyable football at the moment.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• shah
                                • Jul 2009

*disclaimer: i hate this matchup because i've always been a gooner with a soft spot for barcelona because of the attractive football they play, like arsenal, but more elegant... =2006 and last year, well, *

I am speechless, simply speechless. I did not imagine 2-1 in my wildest dreams ! Weel, I take that back, I sent my buddy a message saying "2-1" but I meant barca would win, and I was devastated to see them controlling the game as arsenal kept blowing chance after chance. I knew we needed a substitution and i had a feeling bendtner would come on as he added a different dimension compared to theo (let's face it, nicky b can at least pass while theo just runs like a headless chicken at blistering speeds). i was about to turn it off when i saw arshavin coming on given his current form, the only thing worse, i thought, was denilson. I will refrain from criticizing him again for some time...what nonchalance, he decides to show up for some 15 odd minutes and scores a beautiful curler. really, though, RVP should never have scored from that impossible angle had Valdes been more aware and Arshavin's goal was a blinder because Abidal and Pique blocked the keeper's view more than they did the shot...oh, and Wilshire was IMMENSE. I'm simply ecstatic though I have reservations about the return leg -- memories of last year haven't faded yet. This will be a difficult few weeks, until 16 March we have the CL every Tuesd/Wed, productivity just went out the window....

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                hope everyone is not posting here because they're watching what has been, thus far, a pretty terrific CL match today pitting Barça against Arsenal (though it's slowing down with 15 minutes to go.)

Fuck. Right as I comment that Barça seems to be fading in their concentration and interest, Arsenal equalizes from a goal scored at an outrageously wide-angle that could and should have been stopped by Valdes, who was standing at the near post. WTF.

And as I write this HOLY SHITE. Arshavin. Arshavin. I am speechless. This is a SERIOUS DISAPPOINTMENT. Barça has five minutes - let's hope they wake up *right now.* MAN.

MBD
                                you like football ???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎