Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jurassicsnark
    replied
    Making a new post, since I can only attach 5 images.
    I also love this, especially the slight ombre to grey, but unfortunately, being without a bra is not an option for me. I have a tiny ribcage, but a lot of boob.

4457190979bd05016686b63a0538b45d.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jurassicsnark
    replied
    Thanks, AHN. I was hoping you'd jump in here.

We're planning for late April — it will be our 10-year anniversary, and as we each hold a passport that the other wouldn't mind having, we decided it was time. That said, we haven't 100% settled on a location, so it might end up being quite cold... There is pretty much no chance of it being over about 22C, because I don't do hot, so the warmest locale we'd pick would be San Francisco.

Your dream ensemble is exactly the sort of thing I have in mind — in fact, it's already on my Pinterest board. That, or the Gaultier kimono dress that Madonna wore, but not in red. Ideally in a dark, very muted green (PMS5477 is my favorite color), a light silvery grey, or even white.
    7b9778cbc8f08cb6f811f31001b896a9.jpg

My coloring is pretty weak, and I just can't carry red without a lot of makeup, which really isn't my thing.
    I like this, too, but the red problem persists.
    3bbcdcccd402f0928db31b3d7e2d1e56.jpg

As for non-traditional, I am open to many things — white but unusual shape, color, etc. I promised my mom I wouldn't wear all black, but I also told her not to get her hopes up for white.

I was considering this piece, if I can find it in my size:
    d5ea3b67da58f44282e20eba13a99573.jpg
    Possibly wearing it over this:

Or having a skirt painted in my style and palette, similar to this but more my thing:
    56367b161460f98de2d4cd01149a9da9.jpg

Thanks for the great ideas, and if anything else strikes you, please let me know.
    Last edited by jurassicsnark; 12-22-2016, 01:21 AM. Reason: fixing broken link

Leave a comment:

• ahn
    replied
    First of all - congratulations!! What season will it be when you've scheduled the ceremony?

This is my dream wedding ensemble, I have no idea if that kind of thing is up your alley though.

Do you have any feelings with respects to the traditional style of wedding dress? By this I mean, are you thinking 'white gown, but what?' or do you lean toward the more nontraditional such as a coloured gown, or not a gown at all, or trousers even, etc?

As for the more traditional kinds of gowns, the Givenchy 2011 Haute Couture collection always resonated fondly with me.

Gareth Pugh could be a great consideration for a gown with a darker twist, and I am also in love with the couture work of Hogan McLaughlin, although it's very dark/period-style/witchy (he does costumes for Game of Thrones).

Of course having said this I don't know how one would get their hands on any of these. But perhaps it gives you a stylistic starting place?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jurassicsnark
    started a topic Getting married — help!

Getting married — help!

I'll cut to the chase... I'm getting married, and I have no idea what to wear. I searched this forum, but nothing came up.

I have no interest in a traditional, white, princess dress. But it's also safe to say that I'm a bit obsessed with style and want something special. It's also worth mentioning that I'm in my 40s, and while I'm in decent shape, I wouldn't want to wear anything that skews too young...

We're still working out details, but right now the top contender is a pagoda in a park. It will be a very small wedding (less than 15 people, including us), and the level of formality is very much up to us.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎