Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macabre
    • Nov 2013

This RO shearling that was 4k$ + retail. The "Scarpa" leather if I remember correctly.
    White shearling on the cuffs, collar and trimmings along the edges on the inside.

Size 48

I really want this myself but I just can't afford it right now so..

Second we have this gray CCP tee that I thought was really nice, and for a steal too!

God damnit why did it have to be size 46! (I'm a 48)

That's it for now.
    "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

There is a full run of the gray hammered lamb Stooges at Bergdorf's at 40% off, which makes it a pretty decent price these days. Loved it, almost pulled the trigger, don't need another leather.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sybarite
        • May 2014

Ann D. for 25 quid.

(Could be a listing mistake.)

Edit: No longer BIN.
        Last edited by sybarite; 06-08-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• tellure
          • Aug 2011

In that same Bergdorf's sale, MMM 5-zip in Navy for $1648, size 50. Not a huge discount but it's returnable AFAIK

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Maiso...&cmCat=product

Comment

• Rommel
            • May 2014

Officine Creative on yoox for $360...

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

Thanks for the OC find. Good stuff.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

File under WTF.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tellure
                  • Aug 2011

I bought (and returned) those OC's at Yoox. The quality of the leather was really good.. similar to a pair of Guidi back-zips I had once (and with a similar silhouette).

Construction seemed solid except for the stitching on the sole.. they do an integrated rubber sole on top of the leather but the stitching goes all the way through it, so even though you're walking on the rubber you're also walking right on the stitching, and over time I imagine it would wear through and then the leather upper would start to come apart from the sole.

You could vibram on top of the rubber I guess, but then you'd have an extra-thick sole on top of what is already a pretty thick one.

Comment

• tellure
                    • Aug 2011

Devoa anatomical longsleeve shirt, size 2 (~46?) on Yahoo JPN currently at 110 Yen ($1) with 7 hours remaining:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/180213086

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tellure View Post
                        I bought (and returned) those OC's at Yoox. The quality of the leather was really good.. similar to a pair of Guidi back-zips I had once (and with a similar silhouette).

Construction seemed solid except for the stitching on the sole.. they do an integrated rubber sole on top of the leather but the stitching goes all the way through it, so even though you're walking on the rubber you're also walking right on the stitching, and over time I imagine it would wear through and then the leather upper would start to come apart from the sole.

You could vibram on top of the rubber I guess, but then you'd have an extra-thick sole on top of what is already a pretty thick one.
                        That's not the point. I am sure John Varvatos boots are also decently made.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tellure
                          • Aug 2011

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but what was the point? Those seemed like a reasonable find for SZ.. when I was trying them on I thought the silhouette was pretty similar to Guidi.

Actually I realized that the ones I had returned are slightly different.. they didn't have the zip on the outside. They're the ones below (size 10 will be back at Yoox soon once they get the return).

I'm probably digging the hole deeper here by posting another OC image.. my apologies if so :).

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but they look like one of John Varvatos's finest moments, something a New Jersey dentist would wear on a weekend with a crisp pair of blue jeans "for an edgy look" on GQ's recommendation.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but they look like one of John Varvatos's finest moments, something a German architect would wear at the office with a crisp pair of black jeans "for a business look" on nobody's recommendation.

It takes no effort to be edgy in my business, as sad as it is for a job associated with creativity. Sorry for the detour.

Comment

• jap808
                                • Dec 2012

Lost&Found Boots sz.42-43-44 for a mere €274 if you have a superstar personal code... A lil'more (+6%) with the "HAPPYOOX" code...
                                http://www.yoox.com/it/44636785TO/it...6785TO&sizeId=

Never tried L&F footwear, but -if these were a 45- I'd have give them a try :)
                                Last edited by jap808; 06-13-2014, 11:30 AM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎