• Kuat
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
    Been slicking it back about once a week lately

Epic beard, man. Me jelly.

Comment

• Alseal
      • Dec 2012

In my opinion, there is only two hairstyles for men which is timeless, brushed cut and long hair like yohji

Comment

• Magic1
        • Jan 2011

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to get a haircut in Los Angeles? I have long hair and would like to keep it sort of long. Most male barbers seem to only know how to cut short hair and women seem to not know how to cut long hair on a guy.

Comment

• qazwsx
          • Feb 2012

hair plan for this year
          goal:

*picture courtesy of Ko Nakano
          Last edited by qazwsx; 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM.
          "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• marsa
            • Feb 2011

cut this thing off today.

no more

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by merz
              well, i know a couple of people i've had great experiences with, but..i have short hair. downside, of course, is they're not cheap.
              Spread the love. I haven't had a good experience yet here in LA when it comes to haircuts. I guess I have been spoiled dating Bumble and Bumble , American Crew educators...
              Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• The-Arm
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Alseal View Post
                In my opinion, there is only two hairstyles for men which is timeless, brushed cut and long hair like yohji
                long hair don't care! Ive been growing my hair out for a while now, surprisingly good progress...just have to persevere through that awkward stage.

Comment

• 8bpc
                  • May 2010

Suggestions for good conditions for normal (not dry or oily) long hair? I just discovered the one I'm using seems to be making my long hair more tangled and I'm sick of the detangling nightmare!

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                    Suggestions for good conditions for normal (not dry or oily) long hair? I just discovered the one I'm using seems to be making my long hair more tangled and I'm sick of the detangling nightmare!
                    i work with a specific line and can only use that line but my suggestions for good haircare are unite, pureology, and aveda. get a hair masque/deep conditioner and use it roughly once a week. my suggestion for that is pureology lux hair masque. it's insane and works so well. the less chemicals, fragrances, and additives the better! another good cocktail is aloe juice + coconut "butter" (its just raw coconut) + argan oil mixed together and left on your hair for 15 minutes then rinse it out. another small trick is mixing 25 drops of organic lavender oil to every 8oz of water for a refresher in the morning, does wonders for curly haired people.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

I've had long hair several times throughout my life, the last time was from late 1990's -2005. needless to say it was crazy long, down to my ass long. I have curly hair and used to blow dry my hair straight... took 4eva. in fact, one of the reasons I cut it was the continued deterioration of my shoulders that precluded me from holding a blow dryer for extended periods. in retrospect, I realize that it was way too long. I mean i dig long hair but it does reach a point of diminishing returns; longer is not necessarily better, in anything ;)... That said, I'm in the process of growing again. it's been about 6 mos and I'm almost out of the tween phase. I have no intention of growing it really long... just long enuf for a short tail/top knot but will have NO hesitation of chopping it off immediately if I don't think it's working. sadly, my hair ain't in the same shape it once was but I should know in a month or 2

like I said I have curly hair that tends to be dry and can get frizzy. blow drying takes care of both BUT my blow drying/flat iron daze are over. it physically hurts my shoulders too much plus I refuse to invest the time and effort at this stage of my life. I haven't used a dryer in years.

I'm always on the lookout for good hair products. I currently use American crew fiber and Paul Mitchell construction paste to slick back my hair. the pm stuff is some weird shit... it feels like you are applying a net over your head...def worth a check out if you are in need of something similar. I am moderately satisfied but am always searching for products that will help relax curl and reduce frizz WITHOUT adding weight. I hate cyclomethicone & oils in general but will listen to any advice

@messenoire:
                      what does the lavender oil mixture do? not particularly fond of lavender but will sacrifice for hair :)
                      also, out of general curiosity, do those expensive ceramic dryers ( T3) with tourmaline do anything special? is there one particular dryer that is a cut above? I'm done with dryers but I am curious and my niece's bday is approaching.

as a side note:
                      only one person has cut my hair in over 30 years. I first met her in an upscale nyc salon and followed her through her travels. she's bounced around & had her share of celeb clients and she's basically retired now. however,she still does me in her home using only natural, organic stuff and shunning chemicals. she's sposed to be some kind of "color guru" tho personally, i couldn't care less about chemicals. I occasionally get some foils and there seems to be no good substitute for h2o2.

really shitty, grainy pics ~2001?...(probably early/shitty web cam) before and after a trim. hair actually got several inches longer than the before pic by the time I donated to "locks of love". seems all my good pics got lost to bad hard drives.... and even worse exs

Comment

• 8bpc
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                        i work with a specific line and can only use that line but my suggestions for good haircare are unite, pureology, and aveda. get a hair masque/deep conditioner and use it roughly once a week. my suggestion for that is pureology lux hair masque. it's insane and works so well. the less chemicals, fragrances, and additives the better! another good cocktail is aloe juice + coconut "butter" (its just raw coconut) + argan oil mixed together and left on your hair for 15 minutes then rinse it out. another small trick is mixing 25 drops of organic lavender oil to every 8oz of water for a refresher in the morning, does wonders for curly haired people.
                        I appreciate all of the suggestions. I have been a big fan of Aveda, but I'm using the Shampure conditioner and it is causing my tangled mess. Perhaps I'll try another conditioner in their line before giving up on them. I use coconut oil to condition as well from time to time, but I will have to try the mixture you suggested.

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                          I appreciate all of the suggestions. I have been a big fan of Aveda, but I'm using the Shampure conditioner and it is causing my tangled mess. Perhaps I'll try another conditioner in their line before giving up on them. I use coconut oil to condition as well from time to time, but I will have to try the mixture you suggested.
                          i love aveda. shampure is a very basic care. try out smooth infusion for more moisture if tangling is a concern. i am currently using the unite moisturizing shampoo + conditioner and seriously love it. that mixture i suggested is a godsend.

Comment

• olethomas
                            • Dec 2010

doing my first attempt to grow my hair now, eating omega3s and b-vitamins and massaging the scalp. u know the drill. time goes by so slowly. my hair's kind of curly though – and now i'm looking for a good calming organic shampoo and conditioner. bought 'avalon' from iherb but it seems like i'm using hand soap because it's frizzing it up even worse. i've been thinking of trying the lush tablet shampoos but i can't get the idea of rubbing a dishwasher tablet to my hair. ANYONE?

Comment

• ambrosian
                              • Dec 2012

^^ I don't even shampoo anymore (maybe once every few months just to clear it out), just condition every 4-5 days. Hair looks and feels good, but isn't as unkempt and oily as it was when I was doing no shampoo no conditioner. Maybe give it a go if you're willing to experiment.
                              street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• lionlimb
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                                ^^ I don't even shampoo anymore (maybe once every few months just to clear it out), just condition every 4-5 days. Hair looks and feels good, but isn't as unkempt and oily as it was when I was doing no shampoo no conditioner. Maybe give it a go if you're willing to experiment.
                                Yup, I think that for dry scalps / curly follicles, the biweekly conditioner scrub (assuming that it's silicone-free, duh) is the perfect balance.

Also, I've had the same basic curly pixie for almost ten years now. Can't stop, won't stop. I was sort of halfheartedly trying to grow it out into a weird horizontal cloud bob, but it got vaguely warm yesterday, and I felt like there was a parasitic animal on my head. It's already been chopped, I feel like I just solved an existential crisis and know who I am and shit.

I'm doomed, I'll be the awkward 80's perm lady who got her hair done once and then just pressed repeat for the rest of her life.
                                not baller

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎