• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faust
    replied
    Re: dilemna

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

It's funny how one is trying to discuss style philosophy, but no one is interested! [79] ...
    I'll try again I think deleuze's words are magnificent!

But yes laika, lets go dancing! [<:o)]

[/quote]

That's not true. We just don't think philosophy automatically equates to facile lofty verbalizing, that's all. Not saying this to be mean, but as some people whose intelligence I don't doubt for a second have indicated, your posts are incomprehensible, and therefore not conducive to discussion. So, it's either you restate what you've said in terms more graspable, or you end up talking to yourself. After all, you are not exactly Foucault, and therefore can hardly demand that much effort from a reader, especially on fashion forums.

Leave a comment:

• BECOMING-INTENSE
    replied

It's funny how one is trying to discuss style philosophy, but no one is interested! [79] ...
    I'll try again I think deleuze's words are magnificent!

But yes laika, lets go dancing! [<:o)]

Leave a comment:

• laika
    replied

pbt, did you survive the night, i could use another hit of those pills...[79]

I didn't say anything before because I thought it would be obvious to anyone who read my peace keeping post, but it's precisely the personal attacks (on either side) that I find ugly, and that's why I objected to Deleuze's "comparison." Clearly, I'm completely over-sensitive, since Johnny was apparently able to find humor in it, and very gracefully too. I don't have a problem with the philosophy at all, but it's really not relevant to what I wrote!

now how's that object-dyed white horse coming along....i wanna go dancing at the disco....[<:o)]

Leave a comment:

• dontbecruel
    replied

You are weirdly confident that you are the one in the right here, Becoming-Intense. But your posts are the ones that come over as immature (and hostile) to me. Please stop trying so hard, it's making me tired just reading it.

Leave a comment:

• BECOMING-INTENSE
    replied

[quote user="deleuze"][quote user="laika"]

I wish you had left Sarl or whatever his name is to languish in obscurity, because the ugliness of that comparison really does mess up the beauty of this thread... and more importantly, as an intentional slur about Johnny, it's completely unfair and unfounded.[:(]

[/quote]

True but at the same time it is relevant. Intentionality or "saying what one means" is a fantasy that inevitably leads to contradiction (re: Derrida's deconstuctive analysis of Searle). In the same way clothing can never be understood as entirely separate from the body/consciousness whether it be as representation or a utilitarian cloaking. One's style philosophy can never be a true reflection as it is always interpreted the "wrong" way by the other no matter how simple it may appear to be. I look at style as a game, not something that represents "who I am" but something that acts as a medium between me and the world. The same way language, emotions, gestures, are employed. In this sense clothing is the body just as much as gestures and language are. There is no point at which one can say clothing ends and the body begins. I might want to make a statement: "look at my clothes" and all that can be heard is my voice. Body/language has become my clothing.

[/quote]

Sorry laika, there's no ugliness in this, the beauty lies in the reference persistence to draw
    us back to the initial discussion, as Deleuze elegantly elaborates here. It even takes up on the
    same ideas you have put forward in your posts about the relation between body/clothing.
    The ugliness would have been if we had carried on, with the same level, even though articulate,
    of immature personal attacks that Johnny puts forward. Deleuze is on a whole other level,
    that of style philosophy! [51]

Leave a comment:

• kira
    replied

[quote user="laika"][quote user="kira"]

there has been some kind of energy around that is for sure. i have been infected by it and still am.[74]

[/quote]

well, naturally you and I are the most infected! [86]

[/quote]

quite true[75]

Leave a comment:

• laika
    replied

[quote user="kira"]

there has been some kind of energy around that is for sure. i have been infected by it and still am.[74]

[/quote]

well, naturally you and I are the most infected! [86]

Leave a comment:

• kira
    replied

[quote user="laika"]

Johnny, you are apparently a lot less uptight than me!

Faust! [86] I was kidding....chalk it up to after too much laughter giddiness and the full moon that's been over Stylezeitgeist (cleverly pointed out to me by pbt).

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Helgen
    replied
    Re: Your Style Philosophy

My philosophy is pretty simple, I just wear whatever I think looks best without care, and I'd say I know what I'm doing for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• Fuuma
    replied

[quote user="Johnny"]

well this is all very entertainining isn't it!

I am certainly uptight, ocassionally whiny, and always british, so it's a fair cop....

[/quote]

It could be worse, say if you were: certainly whiny, occasionally British and always uptight.

Leave a comment:

• philip nod
    replied

yes the manic energy on SZ has been amazing lately

Leave a comment:

• laika
    replied

Johnny, you are apparently a lot less uptight than me!

Faust! [86] I was kidding....chalk it up to after too much laughter giddiness and the full moon that's been over Stylezeitgeist (cleverly pointed out to me by pbt).

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied

[quote user="laika"]

[74][74][74]

my gods...everyone is just on fire this week....my belly hurts from laughing so much....and from trying too hard to make myself understood...we all need to chill... it's just clothes and critical thought anyway.

I dunno about you, but I like to relax by sending random and under-the-influence pms to the always kind and very tolerant-of-my-nonsense Casius. Sorry Cas! [:$][74]

[/quote]

Oooooh, Laika comes out of the closet! More juice, please!

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied

well this is all very entertainining isn't it!

I am certainly uptight, ocassionally whiny, and always british, so it's a fair cop....

Leave a comment:

• pbt
    replied

I've run out already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎