X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

Are the margiela line 14 suits pretty solid? Looking for something slightly slim but not too severe as to raise eyebrows. Also, they fit true to size if I'm a true 50?
    I always find I need to size up to 52 on the jackets and down to 48 on the pants... no Margiela suits for me i guess
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've tried a couple on, and wasn't impressed with the fit. pants were a bit too loose for my liking, and the jacket cuts were awkward, they were slim in the body but kind of pillowed towards the arms.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        I've tried a couple on, and wasn't impressed with the fit. pants were a bit too loose for my liking, and the jacket cuts were awkward, they were slim in the body but kind of pillowed towards the arms.
        Oh yeah?

Any other recs then for something slim but still classic/muted out there?

Thanks for the info and the suggestions thus far!

As you can tell guys... I don't wear these very often
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

some of my favourite blazers are from Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, similar in cut to Poell, but finding a suit is difficult. I've actually been looking for a grey suit for a while, but haven't come across anything interesting and good looking yet.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• stretcheroo
            • Nov 2009

some of my favourite blazers are from Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, similar in cut to Poell, but finding a suit is difficult...
            Funny you say that -- I've heard the NCB blazers referred to as the poor man's XXX. Or maybe I refer to them that way. I can't remember, but I agree, the cut is similar if perhaps a little more forgiving.

Comment

• Geezor
              • Jun 2010

some of my favourite blazers are from Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, similar in cut to Poell, but finding a suit is difficult. I've actually been looking for a grey suit for a while, but haven't come across anything interesting and good looking yet.
              Yoox brought some NCB pieces lately (mostly shirts and leather jackets) so keep an eye there in case it brings any blazer you maybe like.
              Last edited by Geezor; 10-17-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Rex
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                Funny you say that -- I've heard the NCB blazers referred to as the poor man's XXX. Or maybe I refer to them that way. I can't remember, but I agree, the cut is similar if perhaps a little more forgiving.
                Actually have an all black NCB suit, and the cut of the jacket is amazing. I find myself wearing the blazer all the time. Very good pieces for the $, and his new line appearing next season looks even better. Totally poor mans CCP

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Poor mans trick to wear more CCP

I'm considering buying second hand CCP 2009 mitens, but one size too small. They're were originally sz 48 (I need a 50) and they run very small (almost one size down), but they have already naturally stretched up to a very small 50. Would wet them and then let them dry on my hand a solution ? Will the process stretch them enough ?
                  Last edited by Chant; 10-16-2010, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

Hey A, I would consider Jil Sander or even Dries. I was considering buying a light weight suit from Jil in the summer and found it was nicely made. I just looked at the new Dries and thought the same for an off the rack suit.

I'm not sure why you don't think one of your existing suits would work (assuming you have a CCP)?

* I also like the Stephan Schneider suits when you can find them. I looked at the pieces from the summer collection but passed as it was not the right color.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Looking for another suit... for interview purposes.

Certainly open to other recommendations as well. Also looking to spend around $1k (or less if possible)!

Thanks guys!
                    Last edited by sshum88; 10-16-2010, 09:41 AM.
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

I'm assuming you mean you would soak them completely and then let dry? It will depend somewhat on the leather used along with the lining (is there one?). The process will mold it to your hand but may not stretch out beyond what it already is. If there's a lining and depending on what's used and how tight the fit is to the mitten, the lining likely will not stretch with the leather.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                      I'm considering buying second hand CCP 2009 mitens, but one size too small. Would wet them and then let them dry on my hand a solution ? Will the process stretch them enough ?
                      Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                        Hey A, I would consider Jil Sander or even Dries. I was considering buying a light weight suit from Jil in the summer and found it was nicely made. I just looked at the new Dries and thought the same for an off the rack suit.

I'm not sure why you don't think one of your existing suits would work (assuming you have a CCP)?

* I also like the Stephan Schneider suits when you can find them. I looked at the pieces from the summer collection but passed as it was not the right color.
                        Thanks for the tips!

The CCP (black) I think is too severe of a suit for interview purposes... certainly one wants to stand out but maybe not quite in that way... something well-cut but still essentially classic you know? I'll save the CCPs for after I get in hehehe

Thanks for the other suggestions! I will check them out.

I bought a MMM14 suit after asking the guy for a bunch of measurements... seems like it will fit okay so we will see when it arrives. The price was very low so it was worth a try :)
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• seenmy
                          • May 2009

i might have created this in my head but, did ccp make a large horse hide bag a few year back I seem to recall it being in that greeny yellow colour leather?any have an image of it or can confirm if I have just created this in my head?

I saw a girl at gatwick yesterday with an amazing leather bag in this kind of colour Im pretty sure it wasnt ccp but it was osmething awesome and she flew business so.. I figure it was something proper

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

this?

Comment

• kucejoe
                              • Sep 2006

Seenmy: This?

Now for my own question:

Is Carola Euler still in business / producing collections?

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• seenmy
                                • May 2009

I think i created this bag in my head between these 2 which both now ring a bell,thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎