Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johannes Thorsen
    • Jun 2007

ahlefeldt, I think it's good looking. and a good price.. You could pay a bit more and get a Jas Mb. maybe? (doorsbyjasmb.com).

Who stocks this bag? Going to CPH this week would also like to see it.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
      • May 2008

It's actually a Swedish shop called Trés bien shop, which is both situated in Malmö and Stocktown. They also have an online shop http://www.tresbien-shop.com/

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Ahlefeldt, it's not bad for $300... but with just a little bit more $$ you could get something more interesting or unique. It's a pretty generic looking bag in my opinion. There are better ones to be had!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ahlefeldt
          • May 2008

Hehe, you're probably right. Got any suggestions? I'm just gonna use it for school and on daily basis.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ahlefeldt View Post
            Hehe, you're probably right. Got any suggestions? I'm just gonna use it for school and on daily basis.
            Hmm, with some online digging I'm sure you can find some JasMB messengers for around a few hundred without much of a problem. I'm not a pro at bag pricing by any means... I carry a "MA+" fused canvas accordion bag that i made myself (see DIY section for pattern and photos... it's very nearly free to make and requires ZERO stitching aside from the shoulder strap ends).

I'll let others chime in here for bag suggestions!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• LEWisMe
              • Jul 2007

Style lords and ladies,

As my sense of style slowly develops along with my currently feeble grasp of this thing called fashion, I've begun to notice that amongst all the areas of my of wardrobe, my foot ware is most severely lacking.

I am looking for a versatile yet "edgy" shoe that I can dress both up and down (but not to extremes in either direction). The only one that has constantly held my fancy (for more than a month) has been the CCP derby. I defer to your much more sophisticated palettes to help me decide on whether or not the FW07 scarred derby is such a shoe or if there are better options.

For reference sake only, I have a pair of CCP boots that I wear more often than I should due to my lack of "inventory."

Thanks.
              "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LEWisMe View Post
                Style lords and ladies,

As my sense of style slowly develops along with my currently feeble grasp of this thing called fashion, I've begun to notice that amongst all the areas of my of wardrobe, my foot ware is most severely lacking.

I am looking for a versatile yet "edgy" shoe that I can dress both up and down (but not to extremes in either direction). The only one that has constantly held my fancy (for more than a month) has been the CCP derby. I defer to your much more sophisticated palettes to help me decide on whether or not the FW07 scarred derby is such a shoe or if there are better options.

For reference sake only, I have a pair of CCP boots that I wear more often than I should due to my lack of "inventory."

Thanks.
                click and buy. I mean, CCP is a good choice and all, but sometimes those shoes look kinda clunky. Better yet, buy the Paul Harnden shoes I'm selling - they are amazing and much more comfortable than CCP.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEWisMe
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  click and buy. I mean, CCP is a good choice and all, but sometimes those shoes look kinda clunky. Better yet, buy the Paul Harnden shoes I'm selling - they are amazing and much more comfortable than CCP.
                  Faust, thank you for the tips. Your PH shoes are amazing but unfortunately I'm a size 9 =(. I realize that they're not really the same aesthetic, but I have 3 pairs of Aldens that are vaguely similar enough to the NDCs for me to want something more edgy - closer to the uniqueness of your PH.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this Y/N thread into a "help me find shoes" thread.
                  "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    I carry a "MA+" fused canvas accordion bag that i made myself (see DIY section for pattern and photos... it's very nearly free to make and requires ZERO stitching aside from the shoulder strap ends).
                    Am I blind or has that thread been lost in the forum migration? I can't find it! :(
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

Breaks....
                      Showcase and discuss student and DIY work, your educational experience in fashion.
                      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

Thanks! For some reason it's not showing up in the forum index.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Who?
                          • Aug 2007

No problem, at the bottom of the sub-forum index there is a window called display options try adjusting the "from the" option. That might help.
                          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks Who!

Breaks, let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help... I'm about to evolve to a new bag as well... Version 1.0 of the accordion bag as seen in the photos was purely fused and thus the components have separated and it looks pretty Derelicte now, especially the strap hahahaha

Comment

• LEWisMe
                              • Jul 2007

Here's the pair I'm thinking about. Now that I've seen the actual shoes, I'm not sure I like how different the left and right shoes look like. Looks like a mis-matched pair.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I don't like them. Then again, I don't like most CCP footwear.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎