Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paris Proxy Service - Coming to an End...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardeetee
    • Apr 2007

Paris Proxy Service - Coming to an End...

***Update 8/12: After running the service for the past year or so, I regretfully have to say that this week will be the end my services as I will be moving back to the US on Aug 25 and will be busy with errands and the move. I will probably drop by the usual suspects one last time before I head back, but a lot of stores seemed to be closed for the summer so I'm not sure how fruitful it will be. I hope everyone was able to find what they were looking for and had a positive experience with me. You guys have definitely kept me busy!

Paris Proxy Service

I work full time (and then some) during the week, but I'm centrally located in Paris. This is your chance to get those special items you want from those Parisian stores that don't ship (which seems like a lot of them).

Cost (updated):
    Cost of the item + 12% or less + shipping. The % for the proxy fee will depend on the price of the item and how difficult it is to get, but it will not be more than 12%. So in general, the % for the very expensive items will be considerably less.
    If you are using googlecheckout, there are no additional transaction fees (free transactions until Feb 2008). If you prefer to use paypal, then I will have to ask for normal transaction fees (additional ~3%).

Shipping: I found the chart that lists the French PO (La Poste) prices. It will be a little more than what's listed for insurance, tracking and packaging. The French PO is very strict with their packaging so I would have to buy boxes from them to ensure it's packaged correctly and securely. These are the prices for the post office provided boxes:

In brief, the first price is within the EU, the second price is to the US. These are the base prices and there will probably be an additional 4-6E for receipt confirmation, etc. if you want it. But this should give everyone a better idea of how much it will be.

1kg tyvek: 12E, 14E
    2kg tyvek: 17E, 19E
    2kg small box (about the size of a small purse): 17E, 19E
    5kg box: 25E, 35E
    7-9kg box (looks like it should easily fit a pair of hi-top sneakers or boots without the box): 30E, 40E

Stores:
    I think most of you are familiar with the stores around here so there's no need to list them out, they should all be available :) However, if you haven't done much shopping in Paris and would like a list, feel free to PM me.

You can contact me via PM or email (ardeetee@gmail.com), happy shopping!!

• ardeetee
    • Apr 2007

Re: Paris Proxy Service

Ok, just wanted to clear this up since there appears to be a little confusion (my fault!)

This is NOT limited to small items only - there is just a special circumstance where I can ship small items from the US (in the 2nd week of November) to help a bit on the shipping costs. All other times, I can get things and ship them from Paris.

If there's any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me :)

Comment

• ardeetee
      • Apr 2007

I finally found out there the french PO keeps their shipping price chart :P

Updated the first post - should be much more affordable than FedEx/UPS.

Comment

• ardeetee
        • Apr 2007

Update 10/24: After working with some requests, I've decided to determine the proxy fee depending on the price of the item and how difficult it is to get/find; so ideally, the fee will be reduced a fair amount for high priced items. This, of course, applies to everyone that has previously been in contact with me as well.

Updated the first post :)

Comment

• ardeetee
          • Apr 2007

Last week to get in on the chance to have your goods shipped from the US!

Please try and let me know ASAP to allow me enough time to make it to the store and make the purchase...

Comment

• ardeetee
            • Apr 2007

I have to put this on hold for 1 week guys - I will get back to it once I return.

In the meantime, I've been able to find much more reasonable ways to ship instead of the ridiculous 150-180E (Euro) quotes I was getting from UPS and FedEx for a pair of shoes [79]

In brief, the first price is within the EU, the second price is to the US. These are the base prices and there will probably be an additional 4-6E for receipt confirmation, etc. but this should give everyone a better idea of how much it will be.

1kg tyvek: 12E, 14E

2kg tyvek: 17E, 19E

2kg small box (about the size of a small purse): 17E, 19E

5kg box: 25E, 35E

7-9kg box (looks like it should easily fit a pair of hi-top sneakers or boots without the box): 30E, 40E

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

UPS and Fedex in europe areprettydamn expensive,unless youre a business orshipping within the EU [:|]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ardeetee
                • Apr 2007

Just got back this morning so the service is now available

Comment

• ardeetee
                  • Apr 2007

Here are some items that I've found to be available over the last week or so as I've spoken to some of the stores. These were some of the requests that I've looked into, so unless it says "only" there could be additional sizes still available. Stock can change quickly so please contact me if there's something you want!

Rick Owens Leather - XL only

Dior Runway Double Belt with black buckle - 85, 90, 95

Dior Boots in GREY with black ankle stripe (picture is black), various sizes:

Dior Large Duffle Bags (black leather, black nylon, white, gold, silver)

Dior 17.5cm Super Slender Stretch Denim, various sizes

Other items without pics for now:

Dior Dauphine 21cm, saw 32 and 33, other sizes possible in 30+

Dior D-Point Belt - 95, 100

Dior White Bee Dress Shirt (black bee) - size 38

Lanvin All-Black Hi (all black with black sole, no strap) - size 8 only

Lanvin Mustard Strap Hi - size 6, 7 only

YSL Rollings Black Patent Hi - size 43

Comment

• ardeetee
                    • Apr 2007

Jil Sander cardigan with metallic placket, size 50.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                      • Dec 2006

how about ye old rick owens book? and while i'm at it, how much is that rick leather xl?

Comment

• ardeetee
                        • Apr 2007

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]how about ye old rick owens book? and while i'm at it, how much is that rick leather xl?
                        [/quote]

I spoke to them on the 3rd and they were already available, sounded like they had a handful of copies at the shop. Sent you a PM about the book/leather.

Comment

• jj.still
                          • Dec 2006

Re: Paris Proxy Service!

Yesterday I received my first item from him and Iwant to write some feedback.

Ryan is very helpful, responsive, quickand absolutely reliable.[Y]

Comment

• ardeetee
                            • Apr 2007

*** Just received an invitation to the private sale at L'Eclaireur, NO CCP and the likes on sale, but should have their other labels such as RO, AnnD, N(N), Undercover, CDG, GustavoLins, etc. on sale. 30% off, tomorrow June 7th only.

Also got one for Rick Owens Palais Royal, but NO leathers, furs, or sneakers on sale. 30% off, tomorrow June 7th only.

I received an invite so if you want me to pick something up for you, please call the store first to make sure they have what you're looking for, then EMAIL ME

L'Eclaireur:
                            Rue Herold: +331.40.41.09.89
                            Rue Mahler: +331.44.54.22.11
                            Champs-Elysees: +331.45.62.12.32

Rick Owens:
                            +331.40.20.42.52

Comment

• ardeetee
                              • Apr 2007

Update 6/25:

Checked out Dior, they've included the duffle bags this year. saw it in black perf, white perf, black nylon, white leather? maybe 1 other. Still had a decent selection of jackets, size 44 on up, various pants (NO RAWS), sweaters, tees, all from SS08. Had some accessories, but it looked like random wallets and necklaces, didn't look that closely.

RO: still some really nice jackets left, mainly in XS or XL, but there are some intermediate sizes sprikled in for some of them. No longsleeve tees, no mainline tees, no tanks. Lots of solid drkshdw tees 4-5 colors, drkshdw sheer tees 2-3 colors. still a handful of those super soft sweaters, cardigans, various drkshdw jeans.

Parts of the FW09 collection is in and it looks incredible, double layer L/S tees are back. It was too hot outside to look at the rest of it. Still lots of stuff for girls.

APC: no chance, too hot in the store and ppl were cleaning the store out.

Margiela: 40% off, lots of stuff left including jewelry

Yohji Yamamoto: also lots of stuff left, 40% off

Still had some AnnD sweaters and cardigans as well as button up shirts. had the asym cardigan in beige/olive, some double collar shirts, etc. no jewelry on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎