• Show
Clear All

• byhand
    replied
    YES! Spring 2012. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• k3mist
    replied
    the first picture is the tencel/cupro blend hakama. your best chance is the 2nd hand market. i used to have this, and thats how it looks in motion.

picture 3 is also probably from the same season, not sure on the fabric composition.

SS12 btw

Leave a comment:

• byhand
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. The garment in the link you provide doesn't have the ties at the ankle but it looks as if the fabric gathers at the waist solely as a result of the elasticized waist and the waist tie. The garment I want has pleating at the waist along the front and back. I want to pair the trousers with a Miyake jacket that echos this pleating detail.

Leave a comment:

• Ulf
    replied
    Just a thought, but maybe these could work?

Shop the latest Womenswear, Menswear, Shoes and Accessories Collection from the Official Henrik Vibskov Boutique online. We offer Worldwide Shipping. Duties & Taxes Paid.

Leave a comment:

• byhand
    replied
    Help, please. I am looking for the trousers shown in first and third photo, and the closest I can find retail is the second photo, which somehow strikes me as being not as interesting as the garments seen in the other photos. Could just be a result of the garment not being shown on a body, but there is also the issue of the dangling ties at the ankle shown in the retail photo - don't see them in the other photos. Anyone know what the trousers in photo 1 and 3 are called or maybe a style code?

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Haha, those conservatives will deduct points because "it builds character."

Leave a comment:

• interest1
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post

I worked hard on that, not sure why the judge on the right took off one tenth of a point?! :(

Well, the right is usually more critical than the left, no? .

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    I worked hard on that, not sure why the judge on the right took off one tenth of a point?! :(

Leave a comment:

• interest1
    replied
    Originally posted by samuray_ View Post

. . .anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?

I am pretty confident the pockets are there so you can put various things into them.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Originally posted by samuray_ View Post
    i was shopping the new yohji collection fw14 and bought a pair of pants
    anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?
    I am pretty confident the pockets are there so you can put various things into them.

Leave a comment:

• samuray_
    replied
    i was shopping the new yohji collection fw14 and bought a pair of pants
    anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?

Leave a comment:

• chandler
    replied
    Bilzerian in boston has been carrying yohji and this season has some fairly interesting (i.e., not timid) pieces.

Yohji and Alan go way back. They used to spar together in karate. So I think their carrying yohji is not so much what Alan thinks will merely sell (which can be a challenge) but what he thinks people should be wearing or at least investigating

Very cool stuff not adequately captured w pictures.

Leave a comment:

• rider
    replied
    Y's Red Label A/W 09/10

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    DSM never carried him AFAIK. I agree with what you say, of course.

Leave a comment:

• eleves
    replied
    /\ appreciate the effort but we have dedicated thread for seasonal collections.
    Damn! Completely forgot about the thread right under this one I never had a chance to post the collections because someone else always gets to them first! Thought my nocturnal tendencies came through this time! Maybe I should sleep more...

Anyway, that Irene Silvagni quote that was posted is very saddening. Lots of things involving Yohji are saddening. He truly is a master and everything that the line had to go through sucks. His NYC shop was lovely, I wish it were still here. It's hard looking at even the resale value of clothing. There is a lot of respect for him on this site but it's disheartening that stores who carry Yohji do it as passionate buys like Atelier did because Yohji just doesn't sell like he deserves to (this excluding places like Barneys who have money to carry anything but still choose tiny Yohji buys). Does Hotoveli still carry Yohji, anywhere else in NY? I think a good measure of where Yohji is would be his exclusion from Dover Street Market. Maybe it's a personal thing between Rei and Yohji but it's a tad bit empty when Yohji isn't included in the group of designers carried at DSM. I could've sworn the original DSM carried him at some point but their most recent floor guide suggests otherwise.
    Last edited by eleves; 06-28-2014, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎