• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I think Brad is a pretty good actor.
    me too.

Fight Club, I love him in The Mexican, and of course I think he is good in the Oceans and not to forget all of his older movies...
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Has anyone seen Seven Pounds yet?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
        Has anyone seen Seven Pounds yet?
        Got terrible reviews, no? I think Brad is best in Snatch. Totally hilarious. Fight Club, too, sure.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

Got terrible reviews, no? I think Brad is best in Snatch. Totally hilarious. Fight Club, too, sure.
          ahhh, yes Snatch. That is a great one.

Wil Smith was talking about it on TV and the one clip looked ok. But that does not mean the rest of it is good...might not be worth the trek to the cinema...

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

I think Brad is a pretty good actor.
            Come on now !
            Personality, charm and an amazing ability to land great roles does not equate to good actor.
            I think any of us with a little coaching and dedication could play Legends Of the Fall (Maybe not look as good ) or Snatch and even 12 monkeys.
            HE does well in roles that do not need demand tremendous acting abilities that said I do like him and enjoy watching him on screen (To my wifes delight) But as a professional actor he is only alright. Better than Keanu ...But only a little

Comment

• mamaboy
              • Mar 2008

does anybody remembers brad pitt in "true romance"...."do not condencend me!"
              but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
                does anybody remembers brad pitt in "true romance"...."do not condencend me!"
                His, Tour De Force !

Comment

• sam_tem
                  • Apr 2007

i don't have any qualms with brad's acting but at the same time i can't think of a single movie where he's played a role that's required him to be something other than "brad pitt".

watched dark city last night since Faust likes to mention it. i'm not a sci-fi fan so the parts that make it science fiction (aliens taking on dead bodies as vessels, etc.) are annoying to me but it was a fun movie and the first half of it had a nice film noir vibe to it.

i also have lady from shanghai and le deuxieme souffle waiting for me at home from netflix which will complete by jean-pierre melville collection.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Glad you enjoyed it, sam_tem.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
                      Come on now !
                      Personality, charm and an amazing ability to land great roles does not equate to good actor.
                      I think any of us with a little coaching and dedication could play Legends Of the Fall (Maybe not look as good ) or Snatch and even 12 monkeys.
                      HE does well in roles that do not need demand tremendous acting abilities that said I do like him and enjoy watching him on screen (To my wifes delight) But as a professional actor he is only alright. Better than Keanu ...But only a little

Don't get me wrong - I don't think he is a GREAT actor. But I would say he leads the second tier. I was thinking not in the absolute actor pool, but in the pretty boy actor pool, and I would rather watch Brad then someone like Tom Cruise, Collin Farrell, Jake Gyllnghal (sp?), Orlando Bloom, Jude Law, etc. etc. Of course he picks plenty of shitty movies to make money and satisfy the masses of giggling girls, what can you do...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                        • Sep 2006

In 1991 Tom DiCillo filmed his debut movie Johnny Suede, with Brad Pitt (being an unknown actor at that time). A couple of years later (1995) he presented his second film called Living in Oblivion, an acid satire of the process involve in filming an independent movie.
                        In this movie he showed a pretty actor, almost talentless but an egomaniac, who allegedly wanted to do real movies, but at the end just want to catch the attention of Quentin Tarantino to appear in one of his movies. Obviously was a character based on Brad Pitt, and a very funny one.
                        Also i totally recommend the whole picture.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

The Science of Sleep

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                            • Sep 2006

Nice one Kira

I'm watching now The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes (for the second time in my life), some months ago Diego recommend me this picture and i bought it, see it with my gf but she fell asleep and i didn't appreciate properly.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Finally watched The Wrestler. Beautiful, poetic film, although maybe a bit heavy for me at this point in time, certainly didn't do much to alleviate my brooding. It inspired me to put up as my facebook status "Matthew is Randy The Ram Robinson."
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Jonn
                                • Mar 2008

crap didnt know the wrestler was out so early. this is awesome news

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎