• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klue
    • Apr 2009

Song for the Mute - Au Clair S/S 2010-2011

Hello SZ,

Some of you might remember me from the thread that I posted under the DIY forum about a label that I'm doing with a dear friend of mine, called Song for the Mute.

The feedback that was given to me by various SZ members on the thread has helped us significantly. Since then we were fortunate enough to be invited to show @ the Rosemount Australian Fashion Week 2010 which happened just last week.

The people on this board have helped us shape this label in many ways and I wanted to give you guys a preview for our second collection; Au Clair for S/S 2010-2011 collection (Southern Hemisphere).

I would like to give a special mention to Andrew Short (Asho) who was able to get us in contact with Andrew McDonald, arguably one of the best shoemakers in Australia, whom generously supplied his shoes for our new collection. We can't thank you enough!

• klue
    • Apr 2009

Comment

• editevening
      • Nov 2008

not a fan of the heavy make-up but some decent cuts. i would kop the eggshell shell shirt.
      #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

The fabrics are not bad from what i can see, i also like the "earthy" color palette thats used in th collection. the Pictures are good but I dont like the pose of the Models. My Favorite shot is this one:

Because i get to see a better view of the clothing, If only a frontal one. the last collection you did, we had a chance to see the flat images of the clothing afterward. I look forward to seeing those as it would give me a better understanding of the clothes themselves.

Keep up the good work!
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

Looks like everything is coming along nicely Klue... The shell shirt is a great concept as is the double zip jacket. I also like the look of the double layer tees.. :)
          WTB: This

Comment

• gone
            • Oct 2009

I agree with zamb. I think the poses obscure the clothes too much for a lookbook. That said, I quite like some of this, especially the wide pants. keep up the good work

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

Damn Mate , You have come a long way from the last collection.
              While you can still see the Inspiration of the Designers Du Jour , You have a obvious voice of your own.
              From what I can see the fabrics look great , Linen ,Silk Viscose?
              The cuts are also very complimentary , While Iam not a fan of the drapey stuff the button ups are all lovely and I like the elbow length t-shirts Well done!

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

Australia represent! Haha, great work man. Hit us up with some Perth stocklists already!

Comment

• klue
                  • Apr 2009

Thank you so much for your kind words and support guys. Really stoked to see that some of you are liking the collection. It hasn't been easy but being able to share this with you guys makes all the stress and hard work worth it.

Zamb/gone, I haven't had the chance to upload the flat lays but I will definitely put those up soon! We do have frontal shots of each 'look' and we're planning to use them for a promotional material for customers to take away when they purchase our garments in stores.

For the people who PM'd enquiring colour availabilities - all the tees/shirts are available in black, including the Shell Shirt. The Hooked Blazer also comes in 100% black linen.

@ Swami - Thanks man! Over 70% of this collection we're using Italian fabrics. Had to reach the larger minimum orders but we believe its worth doing so. The Hooked Blazer in bone is Silk/Linen blend - I'll put up the flat lays with full fabric compositions in a couple of days.

@ Kuu, haha I'm working on it dude.. stockists in WA are pretty hard to reach!

@ Jes - <3

Below are some pictures of our showroom during fashion week taken by the boys over @ F-T.

Comment

• Ives927
                    • Jun 2009

Love the colour palette and great fits. I've always kept an eye on SFTM.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Yeah me too... Seems like a huge development from the last collection. Your effort was totally worth it
                      I really like the silhouette and colours. Yet, I do think the the constructions and pieces are unique but still very nice to pair with the usual SZ suspects.
                      I particulary like the shirts... eagerly awaiting more details..
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

Yeah, nice job...i like the button shirt a lot. Nice color palette as stated and fabrics look nice. I think the mask thing is overdone these days and some of those pics with just the fabric - like the scarf or whatever it is, just looks like a random piece of fabric cut from the bolt with little work done to it. Kinda fashion school-ish. Some designers do it but they pull it off by making it more into a piece. Some of the model poses are weird as stated...but overall job well done and congrats.

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

I remember that thread, with some awkward shoes. This time it's definitely much better, I really like the brown jacket with a pinch seam on the shoulder.

Comment

• klue
                            • Apr 2009

^ Ah yes the thrift shoes! Definitely regrettable.

Thanks heaps for your support and keeping this thread alive guys.

Flat lays images with full fabric compositions should be up later this week! Also working on a video campaign, hopefully it'll give some sense of how the garments move irl.

Will update the thread with stockists in the near future. Happy to say that we've managed to pick up a few overseas stockists this time around :)

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

any stockists in tokyo? hahaa. will be there end of the month, would love to handle the pieces in person.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎