X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubu
    • May 2008

Yohji Yamamoto FW10

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
  • Bubu
    • May 2008

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• Bubu
      • May 2008

Comment

• Bubu
        • May 2008

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

I was not sure what to think but under this kind of strain I think this looks quiet good.. Some purists may disagree.
          WTB: This

Comment

• Torchiere
            • May 2009

To me this collection gives off a schoolgirl vibe. I think the suspender looks are strong and I like some of the pleated skirts. Not a fan of the see through mesh, and the coats with "face" panel. (I assume that's what it is)

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

I dunno about this one...i like that shirt dress with the long back, good job on the models in the beauty department too, but this feels very rigid....that net top idea isn't working at all.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                • Oct 2007

I think this is actually pretty good.

I dig the military service shirt dress hybrids and some of the blocky pleated dresses. I also think all the mutant knit pieces are absolutely fantastic.

That said I don't really give a shit about the majority of the outerwear and the fishnets really don't mesh (har har) with the rest of the collection.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

I really like this, the knits are stunning i hate too think how much the cardigan will be, the shirting is really nice good proportions on the second last photo.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

something very simple and effective about this. wish i was a loaded schoolgirl right about now.

-

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

I'm not sure about this, all these straight lines makes it seem flat and rather stiff and it's not helped by the pared down styling. I don't see how the mesh fits in either. I like the knitted jumpsuit and the shirt-jacket with pockets and the long back, but where has the romance gone?
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                        I'm not sure about this, all these straight lines makes it seem flat and rather stiff and it's not helped by the pared down styling. I don't see how the mesh fits in either. I like the knitted jumpsuit and the shirt-jacket with pockets and the long back, but where has the romance gone?
                        Bingo. I couldn't quite lay my finger on what was bothering me. That's it!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

I think its great, mesh aside. Great coats and and shirt dresses. Pleating is great also. I think induvidually these things will be great at retail also which is probably the most important thing for Y.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

id wear at least one of those coats for myself , rest is just ok but not fugly

Comment

• delirium
                              • Sep 2008

the collection doesn't seem that cohesive to me. most of it is, as avanster put it, lacking romance and very stiff. however, a handful of the fits do look great. i think better styling could portray more of the collection's elegance. overall, an average collection imo. i'm not disappointed with it like with rick's, but it's not great.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎