Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlightRight
    • Mar 2011

Do Augusta sneakers need to be Vibramed?
    How does them last compared to current version RO sneakers?
    Many thanks!!

Comment

• Slangking
      • Nov 2010

I would recommend you get a thin vibram put on them not only to protect them but to also prevent you slipping over on certain surfaces or if you wear them in wet weather. I love mine and find them to be very comfortable after breaking them in. Only took a few wears to break mine in. I can't answer your other question as I've never owned any Rick sneakers. Hope that helps to some degree.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Cross-post from small Q's thread...

Looking for zipper by Raccagni: 'Super R' (size T-14), in black with white metal teeth / pull.

Any leads would be MUCH appreciated...

(Also interested buying USED zipper of this kind in good condition - i.e. the big fat standard Rick Owens ones used in hoodies and on footwear. I need approx. 16 cm.)

Comment

• neodym
          • Jan 2009

Received these back from fixing/replacing the heel. Everything went better than expected. From the side it's barely visible, they even tried to redo the saw pattern on the sole

Comment

• kimuralex
            • Feb 2012

Guys,

I searched this thread and did not find an answer. I apologize in advance if it was asked and I overlooked it. Can someone please provide a good cobbler in the NYC area? Thanks a lot!

Comment

• savant
              • Jul 2011

Hey guys about to go to the cobbler to Topy my Guidi's 788SZ tomorrow

Should I go with what he has suggested for the heel (6-7mm) or use the same thickness as the front sole which is about 1-2mm?

He suggested this for the front sole:

And heel:
              Last edited by savant; 07-06-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

you can do either, but a thin one on the heel wears pretty quickly. of course you can always replace it again.

if you put a thicker one, you have do decide how much is grinded of the original heel. if you want it the same height as it was, the cobbler needs to grind an equal amount off (I personally prefer this as it keeps the original heel height and is more durable)
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

personally i feels that 2mm for heel are a bit too thin, i would go for thicker ones like a 5mm.
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                    • Feb 2012

suggestions on nourishing reverse leather? pair of guidi's got caught in the rain; and the drying dried them out...i've already tried a bit of saphir but i think that actually made things worse....still stiff & less natural texture.

Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 07-07-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                      do as Lowery said & then try rubbing alcohol finally if no go soak them in cold water for a couple of hours & let them dry for 2 days

NO NO!

Alcohol dries out the moisture from leather and leads to cracking of the leather, no Alcohol on leather........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        NO NO!

Alcohol dries out the moisture from leather and leads to cracking of the leather, no Alcohol on leather........
                        well, we decided to leave everything as it is and are suing the shoe service. After the end of the process, we'll repainted them black, I think it will give em a second life)

Comment

• blowdown
                          • Feb 2011

lol @ suing your shoe service, no way u gonna succeed in doing so, im sure when you brought your shoes to him, its a one on one situation so its your word against his i dont think its worth the try afterall its just a pair of shoe, even if you really let them know u want this and not that, its still your words against his

Comment

• blowdown
                            • Feb 2011

anyway what are the usual methods when you people bring your new pair of boots/ sneakers for vibram? id usually only do up the front as i feel that usually the thickness of the vibram sole at the back are usually rather thick compared to the front, which pay cause the sole to be uneven

so id only opt to vibram the front, wear the back down a little and den return to put up the vibram for the back

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

if you read just a few posts back, you'll notice this was just discussed, again. you can also put a thin rubber in the back, or grind the heel and put a thick one so that it matches the original height.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by blowdown View Post
                                lol @ suing your shoe service, no way u gonna succeed in doing so, im sure when you brought your shoes to him, its a one on one situation so its your word against his i dont think its worth the try afterall its just a pair of shoe, even if you really let them know u want this and not that, its still your words against his
                                in this situation it is a large workshop, which operates under a written receipt for services, not a lonely old cobbler in the basement of a pub. I would not sue simply because of the shoes, but they are first admitted their mistake, and then retracted their words and even began to blame my wife that she was originally brought them old and damaged a pair of shoes. And all stages of their reactions have been documented on video. So I just thought it necessary to apply them to court to defend our right to rely on quality repairs for good shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎