Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teeteet
    • Dec 2009

I am not sure if anyone uses this feature called "AIR WASH" on Samsung washers.

Basically oxygen (O2) in air is converted to ozone (O3) using an ozone creation device, and is sprayed o*n clothing inside the drum. Ozone has a strong oxidation action, which either destroys or disassembles the walls of bacteria. This kills bacteria, odors, and dirt (organic matter).

It's a 20 minute process and saves me a heck lot of money on dry cleaning bills.

It's pretty gentle on the clothes and gets the job done.

Comment

• blowdown
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Johngd View Post
      Went to the local dry cleaner today with 3 basic pieces. RO double layer (100% viscose), DD (100% cotton) and DD (80%cotton, 20%silk). He told me me that dry cleaning won't help against stains and that all this pieces should be washed in the machine on 30 degrees. I'm afraid the tees will be fucked up. So should I just handwash them or is it possible to machinewash?
      machine wash could very well fuck up your tees, if you were to do that i would suggest you do them in a garment bag if not dont, its safer to hand wash as some of the fabrics are cut bias so you should know where not to over stretch them

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
        machine wash could very well fuck up your tees, if you were to do that i would suggest you do them in a garment bag if not dont, its safer to hand wash as some of the fabrics are cut bias so you should know where not to over stretch them
        I have to disagree with this. I've machine washed delicate basics (sheer cotton, cotton/cashmere, cotton/silk, silk/viscose) countless times without any problems at all. If you have a modern washing machine and use gentle cycle on 30 degrees there is little reason to worry.

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

To be honest, I now hand wash most of the stuff that I used to take to the dry cleaners. Outside of this super deluxe french cleaners I go to for coats (that is incredible but crazy expensive) I've come to the conclusion that for the most part dry cleaning is shit. Too many hack jobs and "cleaned" items that don't appear to have been cleaned at all.

Most items I have that claim "dry clean only" are better served by my hand washing method which actually cleans the garments. If I had a new deluxe washer I might even give that a go. That being said, the best option is to wash as infrequently as possible.

Comment

• jippos
            • Mar 2007

^^^ Can you share which dry cleaner you use? I'm also in SF, and it seems to be such a hit and miss industry.... Like you, I tend to hand wash most of my "dry-cleanables."

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

to anyone that has a 100% linen paul harnden blazer (100% cotton lining). do u handwash? delicate machine wash? or dry clean? tag says handwash...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gavagai
                • May 2010

Originally posted by jippos View Post
                ^^^ Can you share which dry cleaner you use? I'm also in SF, and it seems to be such a hit and miss industry.... Like you, I tend to hand wash most of my "dry-cleanables."
                Peninou French Laundry on Sacramento Street. The best. Not a cheap option but well worth it when one of your favorite garments needs cleaned. They also deliver...One of my drinking buddies was out of his mind and kicked a table with a burning candle on it - Wet wax all over a pair of my Rick Owens Poplin pants and a Lost & Found Coat. I just dropped these off. I'll post before and after pictures.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by teeteet View Post
                  I am not sure if anyone uses this feature called "AIR WASH" on Samsung washers.

Basically oxygen (O2) in air is converted to ozone (O3) using an ozone creation device, and is sprayed o*n clothing inside the drum. Ozone has a strong oxidation action, which either destroys or disassembles the walls of bacteria. This kills bacteria, odors, and dirt (organic matter).

It's a 20 minute process and saves me a heck lot of money on dry cleaning bills.

It's pretty gentle on the clothes and gets the job done.

how much did yours run you?

I heard about this a while ago and was wondering how well it actually worked...

Comment

• shuit
                    • Apr 2012

sz, do any of you guys have the best solution in cleaning pre-wax stuff? (tee/jeans/jacket) I usually do dry cleaning on them (which work like charm), but I also would love to know if there is any better alternative method you guys use..

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      when handwashing wool/cashmere, try using a good shampoo (and even a bit of conditioner afterwards if you want) instead - it is easier on the material than detergents and keeps it softer.
                      Yes, use cold water and baby shampoo (it's gentle on fiber, has little surfactans). Soak in it for up to 5 minutes.
                      blog

Comment

• Slangking
                        • Nov 2010

I've got a pair of ZB painters canvas pants and there are no cleaning instructions on the label. If I need to clean them, should I hand wash or dry clean?

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

Vampires and bacteria both hate the sun. Give it a light spray of white vinegar and leave it to dry in direct sunlight. If that fails you can try pet/dog odour removal sprays. They really do work.

Dry cleaning will not get rid of a sweaty pit stench. At least not in my experience.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Slangking View Post
                            I've got a pair of ZB painters canvas pants and there are no cleaning instructions on the label. If I need to clean them, should I hand wash or dry clean?

entirely up to you,
                            better to dry clean, but you can hand/ machine wash if you like
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Slangking
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks Zam.

Can anyone advise me on how I can get rid of some marks from deodorant spray from a black poplin shirt? I've tried washing it in the washing machine on hand wash setting (the label says hand wash) a couple of times but the marks are still there. Took it to my dry cleaner but when he checked the label he said it needs a special kind of drying cleaning that he doesn't do (carbon cleaning or something like that). Any help on this will be greatly welcomed.

Comment

• Skye X
                                • Oct 2010

From the advice to Patroklus a few pages back, I looked up Margaret's (I live in Hollywood, so it's not as much of a trek as it is for him) on Yelp and it has horrible reviews.

French Hand Laundry in Pasadena seems to have a much better reputation.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎