X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Alexander McQueen Mens F/W 09-10 Milan

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

Nice to see someone was inspired to put out a directional collection this season. Sort of a more brute Gaultier F/W 08. I can see plenty of pieces wearable/appropriatable both basics and the more outlandish stuff.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

It's nice in a theatrical kind of way but other than that, I could not see anyone wearing a lot of it.
                I dig the vibe though; Reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

This is great! I don't usually like historical pastiche, but Mcqueen does it oh so well and makes a great show of it. I think he's better when he sticks to this then the more conceptual futuristic stuff like last collections body sculpting color blocking (though interesting, not nearly as desirable/wearable as this). Lots of amazing coats, he really is a master tailor.
                  music

Comment

• my friend goo
                    • Oct 2007

I absolutely love this too in the theatrical sense. There is just so much character to the outfits, feels like you're watching some movie as you go through the looks.
                    These stood out for me, they are so in your face.

That being said yes, id never wear any of it but it's lovely eye candy.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

there are some really nice pieces, especially the suits and the knitwear, but there is just too much theatre................he should keep that to the womenswear as it doesnt carry over to the mens very well.
                      i really love the cardigan in the second picture, im not a big fan of shiny fabrics but the black sweater in post #5 is divine.........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• TRILLABLAKE
                        • Sep 2008

Lovely, really lovely but I couldn't wear individual pieces, and buying a full look would be expensive. Shame.

And oh, guy from Hostel Part II?

Comment

• rach2jlc
                          • Sep 2006

I have to look closer, but at first glance... I REALLY like it. I agree with the above Gaultier vibe... it sort of blends what is best about gaultier's rugged-yet-fey playfulness with McQueen's usual attention to detail.

Don't know how I'd ever actually be able to WEAR some of this stuff, but McQueen still keeps me looking every season and WISHING I had the occasion to wear some of the gorgeous garments (like, the super-embroidered "Interview with the Vampire" coat form a few years back). So far this one and Ferre are my two favorites...

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

To me this could easily be mistaken for a Galliano collection. Has some sort of 1800s Patrick Bateman thing going on which is quite nice, a slightly raw side to the sleekness. End up a bit to costumey for my taste though, although that is probably mostly the styling.

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

I am stoked for this collection. the looks are awesome...I cannot wait to see some of these pieces at the McQueen store and other retailers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎