X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spencer
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    they're too small. i noticed this with my last years pair. i thought they fit right but the fit isn't like with boots. there sneakers. they're supposed to be retardedly comfortable

Could be master Yoda. My old pair are 45's and they fit retardedly comfy. These new ones are 45's and are not quite as retardedly comfy.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Speaking of retarded: I mean, let's be honest - if these were $200 Nike's we'd be back in the shop complaining about them. Some of the build quality is shocking for a $1200 shoe. Still, we buy them, then put protective soles on them because otherwise they wouldn't last 6 weeks. So there... suckers, the lot of us.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
      Me too. Once the foot is in I'm golden, but getting it there can be a hassle. Although, for me it's only a problem with one shoe. It's just the cut (for me at least) in the heel and top of the foot. I can take out the laces and leave them un-zipped, and the shoe won't budge. Not that it's too small, it's just the way it fits. My older pair doesn't have this problem.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Spencer
        • Feb 2007

Maaaan, but I like theese thangs!

Comment

• knitwit
          • Apr 2009

I have the same problem, but for me, it's not the shoe that will be ripping, it seems...it will be my ankle. That's right, I took my dog out for a long walk in these things and rubbed off a few layers of skin from my ankle. They fit comfortably otherwise, and I have more than enough room in the toe area, but the hard ankle support is painful. Needless to say I have bandaids on both my ankles and I'm letting them heal before I wear my trainers again.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
          I just got my first pair of ro trainers this season and although I love them, I feel like I am a hair away from ripping the heel open everytime i put them on. Anybody else have this problem? They fit great once I get them on. But honestly, even with a shoe horn I am pretty sure that one of two things is bound to happen: The suede on the inside of the heel is going to get shredded or the seam stitching on the heel is going to rip. Am I missing something? Is there some trick to this?

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

IMHO they are like 5" + heel Lanvins or Louboutins for girls, just for a short mission like "going to a bar" :) mine are absurdly uncomfortable and appear to fall apart any minute, I love them though. At least I'm glad that men can get nonpractical overpriced fashion too, without having to crossdress ;) it's gender equality!

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              Speaking of retarded: I mean, let's be honest - if these were $200 Nike's we'd be back in the shop complaining about them. Some of the build quality is shocking for a $1200 shoe. Still, we buy them, then put protective soles on them because otherwise they wouldn't last 6 weeks. So there... suckers, the lot of us.
              thats for sure. i can admit it. i mean the materials are great but the construction is certainly suspect in certain areas. (staples?).

Maaaan, but I like theese thangs!
              also true

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
              IMHO they are like 5" + heel Lanvins or Louboutins for girls, just for a short mission like "going to a bar" :) mine are absurdly uncomfortable and appear to fall apart any minute, I love them though. At least I'm glad that men can get nonpractical overpriced fashion too, without having to crossdress ;) it's gender equality!
              i kinda agree with this. i don't think that i'll be wearing them like i'd wear regular trainers, thats for sure.

i also think this is one of the few "expensive" shoes i'm willing to pay for (not quite full price, tho) that i already know aren't made that well. people buy them just for their appearance/design and their rarity/exclusivity. for the same price you can get some guidi boots or augusta's or something that look great and will last a lifetime. in fact, they look great partly because of how well made they are.

personally, i want both because they serve different purposes
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

oh also, i forgot to mention that i kinda solved my own problem with ripping the heel. a typical shoe horn will not work on these. even a shoe horn made for a boot won't work. so, using my MacGyver skills i took a 3-ring binder and cut the thin clear plastic lining off that u see on the outside of these binders that u use to place sheets of paper into. then i cut it into a long rectangle. Its basically just a large piece of flexible, smooth, and pretty strong plastic. I place the plastic into the shoe like a temporary lining for the heel. Then i slide my heel in, and the friction is greatly reduced and the soft suede lining is protected. I still have to apply a lot of pressure, but there's no worry that i'm gonna rip the inside heel. Then i pull the plastic out and i'm all set.

i figured this out right after i noticed the stitching has come undone on the inside heel of my left shoe. so i'm off to the cobbler.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Could be master Yoda. My old pair are 45's and they fit retardedly comfy. These new ones are 45's and are not quite as retardedly comfy.
                  yes yes sized up you should have for large feet this season
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    oh also, i forgot to mention that i kinda solved my own problem with ripping the heel. a typical shoe horn will not work on these. even a shoe horn made for a boot won't work. so, using my MacGyver skills i took a 3-ring binder and cut the thin clear plastic lining off that u see on the outside of these binders that u use to place sheets of paper into. then i cut it into a long rectangle. Its basically just a large piece of flexible, smooth, and pretty strong plastic. I place the plastic into the shoe like a temporary lining for the heel. Then i slide my heel in, and the friction is greatly reduced and the soft suede lining is protected. I still have to apply a lot of pressure, but there's no worry that i'm gonna rip the inside heel. Then i pull the plastic out and i'm all set.

i figured this out right after i noticed the stitching has come undone on the inside heel of my left shoe. so i'm off to the cobbler.
                    please tell me you were high when macgyver visited you
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                      memories
                      of a time when rick leather
                      was the real sh_t
                      not this pussy lamb blister rubbish
                      co-sign.. it's a rarity these days to see a nice rick leather... so sad (an expensive sad [even though price has gone down])
                      WTB: This

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        please tell me you were high when macgyver visited you
                        well....duh

Comment

• Flokk
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                          See, i don't think of them like this at all. I wear mine all the time, everywhere i go and more than any other shoes i have. I had a protective sole put on when i got them and the shoe is obviously still in excellent shape. I fucking love these sneakers.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

mine are most confortable non new balance sneakers ever, but are quickly going to shit

Comment

• Silk
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by knitwit View Post
                              I have the same problem, but for me, it's not the shoe that will be ripping, it seems...it will be my ankle. That's right, I took my dog out for a long walk in these things and rubbed off a few layers of skin from my ankle. They fit comfortably otherwise, and I have more than enough room in the toe area, but the hard ankle support is painful. Needless to say I have bandaids on both my ankles and I'm letting them heal before I wear my trainers again.
                              All 4 pairs of sneakers I have ever bought that were over $600 rub the skin off my ankle area and are the most uncomfortable footwear I own. Design over comfortability apparently.
                              There are some things they sell at drugs stores that are mole-skin I believe, with one side being sticky, you cut out a shape and stick it to your skin where you experience the friction before you put on the shoes.

Comment

• knitwit
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                                All 4 pairs of sneakers I have ever bought that were over $600 rub the skin off my ankle area and are the most uncomfortable footwear I own. Design over comfortability apparently.
                                There are some things they sell at drugs stores that are mole-skin I believe, with one side being sticky, you cut out a shape and stick it to your skin where you experience the friction before you put on the shoes.
                                Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Hopefully they'll wear in and loosen up a bit before I have to resort to that though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎