• Casius
    • Dec 2006

Viridi-Anne F/W 07-08

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1311/1225056686_4c4aec00a3.jpg?v=0[/img]
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Re: Viridi-Anne F/W 07-08

awesome pics.i really like the aesthetic...though isn't that theguy who modeled julius and some attachment f/w 07/08? looks nice regardless. i just received the big-collared vest like 5 mins ago (the one in picture 9 and picture 12)! it's pretty cool....sizes run a bit small though. i ordered a 3, maybe i should've gotten a 4 (though it wasn't available). at $340, debating if i should keep it, a very cool piece though. great under a coat! i'm gonna snap a pic and post it up. great pictures Casius, love the lookbook this season

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, I'm thoroughly impressed. Part of it may be the styling this season, but I really like some of the pieces. I'll post up my favorite look in a second, a big cable knit sweater ala Ann D. which is just fantastic! I hope Archive orders that piece and it's less expensive than the Ann sweater then I will be a happy man!
      What do you think about the quality Kev? I've yet to touch and feel any of the pieces so I'm eager to hear.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
        • Sep 2006

I really like this collection, never pay attention to this brand before (just seen a couple of garments, nothing interesting) but love almost all the looks. Is atelier getting some of this collection?...also with the japanese sizing, can a 50-52 size guy fit into any of this clothes...??

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="gutpocho"]can a 50-52 size guy fit into any of this clothes...??[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing!

Here's the look I was talking about...

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

the quality's pretty good, the knit vest isa warm wool. i'd love to get another piece. the leathersand other jackets i've seen in person are very impressive to look at, though idid nottry them on.very, very similar toAttachment in my opinion (hard to tell them apart at first glance when they're on the same rack); and the Attachment outwear i tried is quite nice.

i've been eyeing that cable-stitch knitas well, thoughi haven't seen it instores. i hope Atelier stocks it, since iam pretty sure Archive didn't order it. however, it looks verysimilar to anotherincoming line that i saw, which specializes in such knitwear...D.W. Man, the men's lineof Delphine Wilson. her men's line is very new; i haven't seen any pics of itexceptfor the photos of Archive's buy...if i'm not mistaken, one of the items was a cashmeresweater very reminiscent ofThe Viridi-Anne one above...had the dramatic,big cable-stiching. so, if nobody stocks this particular Viridi-Anne one, the D.W. Man one is a viable option once it comes in.

i'm a 48, 5'8 155-160 lbs., and i fit a size 4 in The Viridi-Anne / Attachment.yet, most japanese online sites stock size 3 as the largest!honestly, even a size 4 is quite fitted...if size 5 were readily available, i might opt for that. to my knowledge,The Viridi-Anne doesn't make anything past a size 5 (i've only seen 4, but believe 5might have been there)....so, in regards to sizing(whileit's dependent on the piece)overall i think it's too small forsize 52. a 50 might fit into size 4, hopefully size 5, but i believe it's hard to come by. the model seems tall though, and that sweaterlooks fairly well sized. i would like to see more pieces by them...and i will be checking them out inabout one month. hopefully more of it is readily available by then.

edit: Archive had that asymmetrical cape!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Damn, Cas, that's a gorgeous sweater. Just beautiful.

The whole collection is nice, and I've been thoroughly impressed with what I've seen in person overall, but I can't tell much difference between this and attachment, and Julius :-). They need a stronger design voice, otherwise, they are just interchangeable clothes. Whic I guess is fine in itself, it just doesn't make one a great designer.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Faust, is it true that A might not be picking up Viridi Anne for F/W? I seem to remember hearing they were replacing it with Attachment because it didn't sell too well before. Maybe I'm off, as I hope I am...

Kev, once again, thank you for the info. I just emailed the Archive to see if they picked up that knit piece, but alas they are closed. Maybe I will just give them a call, even though it's kind of hard to explain such a detailed piece.
                I sure hope I can fit into a 4 though, as I am a pretty true 50-52 (always depening on the designer). Kev, if you could start another thread with those pics of the D.W. collection, that would be awesome! I'm very interested especially seeing you mentioned they have a sweater that is similar in style.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i think A sold out of viridi-anne's s/s line. maybe you're thinking berrini?
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Faust, is it true that A might not be picking up Viridi Anne for F/W? I seem to remember hearing they were replacing it with Attachment because it didn't sell too well before. Maybe I'm off, as I hope I am...

Kev, once again, thank you for the info. I just emailed the Archive to see if they picked up that knit piece, but alas they are closed. Maybe I will just give them a call, even though it's kind of hard to explain such a detailed piece.
                    I sure hope I can fit into a 4 though, as I am a pretty true 50-52 (always depening on the designer). Kev, if you could start another thread with those pics of the D.W. collection, that would be awesome! I'm very interested especially seeing you mentioned they have a sweater that is similar in style.

[/quote]

No, they have it. I distinctly remember liking it, but don't remember what the hell is it that I liked. Maybe I'll drop by again to check it out.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i think A sold out of viridi-anne's s/s line. maybe you're thinking berrini?[/quote]

Yup! You're right Joey. I got them confused. :) Glad to hear I was too. haha

Comment

• pbt
                        • Jan 2007

Casius I've got a Virdi-Anne jacket in size 5 which fits me perfectly. Fits like a size 50 in say Raf or Helmut Lang. I'm about 6 feet and 160 pounds.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

great, glad they make a size 5. pbt, which viridi-anne jacket do you have? lots of nice pieces this season. unfortunately, haven't seen any japanese websites stock anything bigger than a 3...so selection's a bit limited. hopefully we'll hear more about that knit, meanwhile, i'm hoping to hear more about DW Man, though i've only seen their photos in store, i don't have them with me. love the vest so far, hope to get more from viridi-anne soon.

Comment

• cbdas
                            • Oct 2006

Casius, i think that cable knit is much better than Ann D's .

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting these. I tried to find some looks a while ago, but obviously couldn't find anything. I've tried on the coats in pictures 7 and 8 - I was really impressed by the material and fit of both coats. They weren't too* expensive and they had actual substance that would be suitable for a cold winter.

Surprisingly enough a size 3 fit me well, but only while wearing a t-shirt. I would probably grab a size 4 if I were to actually purchase one.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎