Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Re: Forme D'Expression - anyone know about them?

I bought a couple of pieces from SS 07, some cargo pants and a black trench and my overall impression was that the quality is not good enough for the price. The fabrics were okay at best. I know the sales talk says that it is supposed to grow with the wearer but in reality our wardrobes are such that no item really gets heavy wear. Not impressed overall. I think others do what she does better.

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

i like the shoes, and a few other pieces (the first leather jacket seems reminiscent of a rougher version of the Lins leather kompressorkev is selling at bargain basement prices in classifieds right now). Sadly, the price points place most of this outside my reach...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Yan"]I bought a couple of pieces from SS 07, some cargo pants and a black trench and my overall impression was that the quality is not good enough for the price. The fabrics were okay at best. I know the sales talk says that it is supposed to grow with the wearer but in reality our wardrobes are such that no item really gets heavy wear. Not impressed overall. I think others do what she does better.[/quote]

Perhaps this indicates a problem with people's wardrobes rather than a problem with Forme garments? [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Yan
          • Mar 2008

touche......!

Then again, we are on this site because we love beautiful apparel.

Comment

reviving an old thread. I must say i've been following Forme for some time now, and it's growing alot on me. I'd pick them before before any of the carpe sprouts and even carpe diem itself, even though they're the inventors of this niche in fashion.

They consistently make amazing garments, and in beautiful fabrics.

These trousers are on my want-to-buy-but-price-makes-me-think-about-sewing-something-similiar-but-realising-i-don't-have-the-capacity-list.

Comment

• V-J
              • Oct 2009

^^ those trousers look amazing!

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Agreed. A revival is in order. "Threadbare" seems ironically fitting; not many photos left to see within these pages, so here are a few from my archive. Just a mish-mash of some personal faves from forme d'expression–arguably the most under-appreciated niche label out there.

Always a notable silhouette from forme, tempered with understated grace and combined with such thoughtful fabric selection elevates this label to something really quite special.

* The final 2 pieces, a black wool gauze blouse & the ecru creased cotton folding skirt, are from my closet.

sain't

Comment

• diamonds
                  • Dec 2006

this is beautiful.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                    • Aug 2008

Am I the only one who sees a lot of yohji in this? Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

this looks excellent...better not show my lady or she'll be demanding more than the skirt she already has...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                        Am I the only one who sees a lot of yohji in this? Not that I'm complaining.
                        i thnk alot of it is better than yohji to be honest, when it comes to individual garments.

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

I adore that skirt I1. (hope you dont mind me calling you I1, but its an endearing name/term for me, has to do with international level horseshowing and you are always on top of the game so it seems appropriate).

what i have from forme is extremely special to me. its all picked up from yoox since they dont seem to know the true sense of its worth and can usually be purchased for a steal. for instance, the double layer damask wool jacket i bought on clearance is simply mesmerizing to look at and fits so well. she adds details like 3 different ways to button so it tacts left, right or askew. and today, i found a lovely linen sweater and a fine cotton skirt on yoox for good prices (with springfever@yoox code ).

funny thing is the first shipment i saw at IF was a disappointment this season but i think someone posted some things that their girlfriend bought from there and they were beautiful, so maybe the second shipment was the one see.

only have yoox pics for now, sorry.

Comment

gorgeous skirt

Comment

• een
                              • Sep 2006

SS 2010
                              showroom photos courtesy Boutique Roma, Zürich (great shop btw)

Comment

• een
                                • Sep 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍