X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

FS: Museum Quality Custom Grade Church's Elephant Hide Derbies : 43

Gents, I have something very special for you today. It pains me to have to sell these, as I'd love to just ogle them all day. Sadly, they're sold.

Church's is a British family-founded luxe footwear manufacturer almost 140 years old. Worn by Brits from Blair to Bond, Church's shoes are known for solid construction and classic appeal. Veins of grain strike through the hide of these shoes in an irregular pattern, suggesting that erosion has left its telling mark upon the skin of the magnificent and mysterious animal.

Blurbs aside, this is probably the best pair of Church's you're ever going to find. Black genuine elephant leather lined with soft calf and made in London. The shape compliments the materials in such a way that these genuinely possess the antiqued appeal that Poell, Harnden or Augusta strive for. The condition of these shoes is seriously miraculous, as I believe they must be 30+ years old. They have quite clearly been well taken care of by a loving hand.

They measure 12" from heel to toe along the outsole and should fit between a 42 and 44.

Shipping will be delayed only slightly, as they are currently with my cobbler, who is fitting them with new rubber heel cleats. The leather soles are in perfect condition, and I feel they may be best left in original condition.

Perhaps Styleforum would be a better venue for such a pair of derbies, but I always prefer to give SZ first dibs. Church's shoes today go for between $500.00 and $1200.00, as far as I've seen, and considering the fact that after being bought by Prada, they have not made many releases in such exotic leathers, I'll let these one-in-a-million shoes go for a mere SOLD CAD shipped CONUS.
    Last edited by BeauIXI; 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Sold! To a good home.

Thanks for playing, fellows, 'till next time.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Damn... one of the most interesting pieces to come up in classifieds in a while. Bad ass!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

wow...

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡