Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW ITEMS - Yohji YYPH AW08 jacket (4), YYPH AW98 jacket (S), Y's SS07 jkt (~3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chameleon
    • Jun 2008

NEW ITEMS - Yohji YYPH AW08 jacket (4), YYPH AW98 jacket (S), Y's SS07 jkt (~3)

Paypal.

YOHJI YAMAMOTO POUR HOMME
    AW 2008 2 BUTTON HANDSTITCHED NAVY WOOL/COTTON JACKET

-- $595 OBO shipped worldwide

The 2 button navy jacket from the aw08 signature handstitched series, the opening looks for the runway presentation. This is the navy iteration which more rare and hard to find than the regular gabardine. The jacket is fully lined but the fabric is not particularly heavy, for me it works best as a spring or fall jacket.

The fabric is a spectacular 64/36 wool-cotton blend, very interesting texture wise as you hopefully can see in the close ups attached below. I've never seen this particular fabric used in any other season. Pattern and construction is top-notch, the shoulders are pretty incrdible being structured and relaxed at the same time. The navy is quite deep, better and ever so slightly darker than in the runway pictures, but not too dark so works well with black, imo, as well as a range of other colors. Long sleeves. Lapels, pockets (4 of them) and shoulders have been handstitched to give a soft 3D like effect. Under all pocket flaps are swatches of the green tartan, not really visible unless folded opened. The handstiching runs all along the lapels around the collar at the back. Center vent in the back.

I purchased this BNWT, have been worn a few times but condition is like new. US retail was ~ $2200.

SIZE 4 but fits very slim in comparison to regular 4's, aw08 had slim cuts in general and perhaps this in particular.

Measurements:

Chest -- 53 cm
    Shoulders -- 48 cm
    Sleeves -- 70 cm
    Length -- 76 cm

Click for bigger pics. Due to a lack of good natural light these appear slightly darker than in person. It's a deeper, more pronounced shade of navy in person. The last two pics at the bottom are most accurate color-wise.

Another old fit pic just to show the jacket worn, and a close up for the color and texture

runway fit 1 (2 jackets overly bulky layering) -- runway fit 2 ("normal" layering)

Last edited by chameleon; 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM.
  • chameleon
    • Jun 2008

YYPH A/W 1998 gabardine jacket (S) -- SOLD

Rare piece from the AW98 "Vivienne Westwood" collection, the one all modeled by women. Black peak lapel gabardine jacket, 5 off-white buttons arranged in a row on the right hand side with additional one button located front center. So buttonable in 3 or more ways as shown in the pictures. I don't know what this type of jacket is called, but it's like a single (1 button) or "double" breasted closure, plus the inner strap that has 3 different button holes and can be attached to the middle button or any of the upper side buttons. When buttoned to the side, the fabric covers the last two buttons. I wear it in all three ways but I love the strap and think it should be a more recurrent feature.

Fits a bit boxy like most jackets from older seasons. For me the winning feature is the amazing wool gabardine. I haven't seen him use this variation before or after (code 999 for geeks like me) but it's incredible. It's pitch black but with a more elegant "sheen" than the regular gabardine fabric, soft with a slightly dry hand. Very hard wearing, this is from 1998 and you can't see any wear, no tearing, no damage. The beauty of gabardine, looks mint to me. 100% wool, fully lined in 100% rayon (cupro).

Mid-weight, not cold winter appropriate. Best for spring and fall.

Besides the fabric, the details and finishing is top quality and even better than the recent stuff. Handstitching on the lapels, around the collar (under lapel) and down the back. Armhole vents! Cuffed cuffs, no buttons. Slit pockets for easy access. What first looks like a loose thread is a loop attached under the inner pocket to keep the strap in place.

Size S, top condition

Measurements (buttoned to the side)

chest -- 56 cm
    shoulders -- 50 cm
    sleeves -- 63.5 cm
    length -- 81 cm

click for bigger pics

tag

Last edited by chameleon; 04-20-2012, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2008

Y's SS07 navy gabardine jacket -- SOLD

Y's navy jacket from Spring 2007 season. 100% wool, notch lapel, 1 button closure. Sharp cut, perhaps slightly slimmer than the regular YYPH cuts. Simple jacket with great lines. Regular wool gabardine 100, soft hand. Impeccable construction and finishing. 4 working sleeve buttons, half lined in a silky material (cupro, my guess), striped lining through the sleeves, single vent & on the inside there's a strap + 3 metal rings attached (2 on right side, 1 on left) to optionally tighten the back and change the look. Navy wool gabardine is not too easy to come by so this is a good opportunity! Fabric's the same as used for YYPH, it looks great and feels incredible. Mid-weight, half lined

Very good condition. No stains, tearing, damage or anything like that.

There is no size tag attached, I'm 90% sure this was the lookbook sample. However, it fits like a Y's size 3 (makes sense with it being a sample as well). The regular "Made in Japan / YY inc" tag, handwritten tag code and fabric specification.

Measurements

chest -- 52 cm
      shoulders -- 45 cm
      length -- 76 cm
      sleeves -- 65 cm

Last edited by chameleon; 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• chameleon
        • Jun 2008

Bump. Pants sold, rayon coat currently on hold.

Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme AW05 insert wool jacket (3) -- $545 -> $495 ->$470 shipped worldwide --- ON HOLD

Black wool blend that is very hard (for me) to capture in photos but beautiful in person, very light and has a very soft hand. This particular fabric was used for many jackets (like the first two leather insert jackets of the collection, as well as several others) throughout the collection. Contrasted with this is a thick-ish moleskin like cotton in a different shade of black (slightly more towards a dark gray), as can be seen in the pictures. 2 button jacket, notch lapel. Flat metal buttons except for inner pocket which is fastened with a horn button. As a winter jacket it's fully lined but not very heavy at all, better suited for late winter, spring and fall weather. The color is a lot darker in person, I overexposed to show the details, the main fabric is very black.

Very good condition and no real signs of wear except some "wrinkling" on the cotton parts as can be seen in the photos.

Composition:
        Main 90% wool/10% nylon
        Complimentary parts 100% cotton
        Lining 100% cupro

Size 3.

Measurements-

Chest -- 56 cm
        Shoulders -- 49 cm
        Sleeves -- 65 cm
        Length -- 81 cm

Last edited by chameleon; 03-28-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• chameleon
          • Jun 2008

small bump for aw08 jacket !

hmm, tried to edit the title but it doesn't seem to work...

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎