• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Stephan Schneider Fall/Winter 2012 Men's

the photos below may not be reproduced outside of stylezeitgeist.com without permission.
    Attached Files
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

more. sorry, i was in a rush and could not take more pictures.
    Attached Files
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yeah, I think they should have warned the model to get nice shoes. Well, at least you know they are not SS, so you can disregard them.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KingJulien
        • Oct 2011

Faust, these are incredible, thanks. SS usually has ugly shoes even in the lookbooks, I think it's so you pay attention to the rest of the outfit. Those last two jackets look so soft.

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Originally posted by rilu
          Those asymmetric jackets are really nice. But the shoes, oh no... shoe nightmare :-/
          That was my first thought as well. The clothes on the other hand are really nice per usual.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
            Faust, these are incredible, thanks. SS usually has ugly shoes even in the lookbooks, I think it's so you pay attention to the rest of the outfit. Those last two jackets look so soft.
            Haha, actually they acknowledge that they are lacking in the styling dept.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

This is boring.

Sorry. Looks like Dries Van Noten with unnecessary embellishments.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I strongly disagree with the Dries comparison. In my honest opinion, SS is one of the few designers that really deserve a 'you need to handle in person' attitude. The fabrics are out of this world, and the cuts are beautiful.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  I strongly disagree with the Dries comparison. In my honest opinion, SS is one of the few designers that really deserve a 'you need to handle in person' attitude. The fabrics are out of this world, and the cuts are beautiful.
                  So are Dries'...but they're still dull.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

No, Dries imho pales in comparison. I believe SS has the best fabrics out of all designers discussed here.

Now, about the dull comment, I can see why you would say that but I think this line doesn't appeal to the audience who would buy 'loud' clothing. They're 'common' wardrobe basics realized in a subtle, very elegant way. I mean, how could you call that double faced coat dull? It's epic. Certainly not for me but still epic.

I think a stylist could really help.
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• KingJulien
                      • Oct 2011

Keep in mind that Schneider stuff is also significantly cheaper than most of the clothing discussed here (and also DVN). Most of his stuff is about texture, so a 400x200 photo really isn't going to show you anything. Some of the knits that recur every season look like chainmail, it's beautiful.

The lookbooks show this a bit better (fw11):

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I'm not saying it's terrible...it's still better than 90% of the stuff out there...but regardless of the fact that it costs less than other labels, texture isn't everything...the garments are dull and have weird, overdone details that don't appeal to me. If y'all like...go crazy...but frankly, I'd probably hit the sale rack at Club Monaco before I bought this.

Comment

• niji248
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                          No, Dries imho pales in comparison. I believe SS has the best fabrics out of all designers discussed here.

Now, about the dull comment, I can see why you would say that but I think this line doesn't appeal to the audience who would buy 'loud' clothing. They're 'common' wardrobe basics realized in a subtle, very elegant way. I mean, how could you call that double faced coat dull? It's epic. Certainly not for me but still epic.

I think a stylist could really help.

I like Stephan Schneider in general, and I've got some decent things from him in the past few years. I thought the collection is very consistent, basic with a little twist.

Although, I cannot agree with Michael Kard from above about SS fabrics. No, I cannot agree that Dries van Noten pales in comparison, for one thing, Dries fabrics are way superior than Schneider's. The few SS things that I have did not hold well after wear and few washes, the color fading was significant after 2 washes, and to be honest, the quality in the sewing cannot compare to Dries van Noten.

That said, the price point is lower, so you pay what you get for.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Why would you even address kard? He's obviously a lunatic.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

What's up with all the rudeness? Addressing an 'idiotic' post is one thing but calling me a lunatic is a bit rude.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎