• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Off the market for now

The iconic Rick Owens two-tone pilot jacket in blistered lamb...light and brilliant leather. Wool insets at the pits and down the inner sleeves to ensure a prefect fit without it being too binding.
    Snap slant pockets in front, inside zip pockets and interior hang strap.

If you've been looking for one of these, you know they never pop up in larger sizes, ever. It took me a year to track this down and even though I haven't worn it much, I feel strangely attached to it.

This was originally from Barneys and it still has the tag attached. (it was barbed into
    the inside pocket so I just left it in there). Original retail was $2720 but it had been marked down on sale.

Label says, 'black/pear' (pearl) but it's a black and a very light gray. Black is all black, same leather as on the front and sleeves.

Worn maybe 14 times total... light pilling on wool around inside collar. In wonderful condition but it is blistered leather so it looks like it's been through the ringer.

Marked an XL, this fits like a 48/50. Check measurements to be sure it'll fit if you're interested. Really depends on how you want this to fit but it's pretty versatile in what sizes it will accommodate because of the stretchy wool insets:

Measurements:
    shoulders: 17.5"
    pit to pit: 19.75"
    length in front from shoulder to bottom: 27" (back is a little bit shorter)
    sleeve from shoulder to cuff: 28.75"

texture shot of the blistered leather:

$1200>>>>$SOLD$

I've been around for a long time with a shitload of references for buying and selling. If you'd prefer to pay via regular payment, just add 3% (domestic) or 4% (international) to the total.
    Last edited by beardown; 03-16-2012, 12:43 PM.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Doing some consolidation and price drops

These have little to no wear on the soles...they're vibramed and ready to go. Two small issues: a scuff/discoloration on the toe of the right boot (can possibly be buffed out...I haven't tried) and a pull of the base of the zipper on the left boot (see pic). Zipper is unaffected and works perfectly fine.

Neither affect the structure of the boots, I'm just letting you know in the name of disclosure. No box with these but I do have the Guidi dust bag that will be included.

Soft, supple leather, traditional Guidi shape, construction and craftsmanship. Hard to find size/style with the lower, less heel, which in my opinion looks more masculine and is definitely more comfortable to wear.

outsole measures at approximately 32 cm. These will fit anywhere from a 43.5 - 45 I imagine, using an insole on the smaller side. I am right around a 44 and they fit well with an insole. Keep in mind that as an outsole measurement, the toe is pulled in from the outsole so it's not an accurate representation of fit.

$700>>>>>$OFF THE MARKET. via priority USPS mail w/confirmation.
    International will be around $750>>>>>$OFF THE MARKET with priority USPS with tracking/confirmation.

*Please send payment as a gift or add 3% to the total for domestic or 4% internationally.

Always prefer to deal with regulars when it comes to sales, especially internationally.

note: scuff/discoloration is being shown in direct flash so it's much less pronounced in natural light even if it cannot be buffed out.

zipper:

soles:

toe scuff/discoloration:

WILL CONSIDER TRADES with regular/senior members: GUIDI LACE UP ARMY BOOTS OR THE CORDOVAN LACE UP BOOTS IN SIZE 45/46 (black/low heel only)
    Last edited by beardown; 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

P-drops, dawg!

SOLD
      Check the measurements...I think people are afraid of the XL tag when the actual sizing indicates more of a medium/large fit.

both PAID AS GIFT OR ADD +3% (domestic) or +4% (int'l)
      Last edited by beardown; 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Hanging onto both of these for right now.
        Last edited by beardown; 03-15-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

guys, this is seriously an iconic piece from RO. and awesome price and condition.
          really, why is this still here?
          if this was size xs, I'd pay retail for it.

get this now!
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎