• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Paris Menswear Schedule, Fall 12-13

wednesday 18 jan.thursday 19 jan.friday 20 jan.saturday 21 jan.sunday 22 jan.
    9:30 am
    3.1 PHILLIP LIM

10 am

JUNYA WATANABE MANMAISON MARTIN MARGIELABILL TORNADE
    10:30 am
    KOLOR

11 am

YVES SAINT LAURENTKENZOLANVIN
    11:30 am
    ISSEY MIYAKE MEN

12 pm

JULIUSWALTER VAN BEIRENDONCKAGNES B
    12:30 pm
    RICK OWENS

1 pm

GUSTAVOLINSANN DEMEULEMEESTERen attente
    1:30 pm
    VIKTOR & ROLF MONSIEUR

2 pm

JUUN J.BERNHARD WILLHELMSONGZIO
    2:30 pm
    LOUIS VUITTON

3 pm

KRISVANASSCHEDIOR HOMMERYNSHU
    3:30 pm

4 pmY. PROJECT BY YOHAN SERFATIALEXIS MABILLEBORIS BIDJAN SABERIWOOYOUNGMIPAUL SMITH
    4:30 pm

5 pmJOHN LAWRENCE SULLIVANJEAN PAUL GAULTIERCOMME DES GARÇONS HOMME PLUSCERRUTIQASIMI HOMME
    5:30 pm

6 pmMUGLERYOHJI YAMAMOTOGIVENCHYMIHARAYASUHIROTHOM BROWNE
    6:30 pm

7 pmGASPARD YURKIEVICHDRIES VAN NOTENJOHN GALLIANODAMIR DOMAARNYS
    7:30 pm

8 pmCHRISTIAN LACROIX HOMMEADAM KIMMELHENRIK VIBSKOVHERMÈSACNE
    8:30 pm

9 pmAMI ALEXANDRE MATTIUSSISTEFFIE CHRISTIAENS
    RAF SIMONS
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Geoffrey B. Small
    • Nov 2007

FYI Stylezeitgeist Off Calendar:

GEOFFREY B. SMALL
    Sun 22 Jan. 8PM
    rsvp/invitations: geoffreysmall@hotmail.com

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
      • Nov 2007

FYI Stylezeitgeist
      New Modemonline Paris Show Calendar updates for Sunday 22 January:

Comment

• coup de grace
        x
        • Sep 2006

"Occupy / Geoffrey B. Small" ?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
          "Occupy / Geoffrey B. Small" ?

Occupy is the theme of the collection i think...........

Got my invitation and indeed I shall be there to support my friend. i shall be occupying a front row seat!
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• coup de grace
            x
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            Occupy is the theme of the collection i think...........
            if that's true, gbs, could you please elaborate? at first blush it seems incredibly inappropriate.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

if that's true, gbs, could you please elaborate? at first blush it seems incredibly inappropriate.
              well i don't think so, and even if this is the case, sometimes one has to come across as inappropriate and offensive to raise the importance of a valid point that has to be made......

Some of the greatest incidents and occurrences that has benefited mankind, has come though people doing things that at first glance would seem utterly inappropriate.

GBS has always been and continue to be a designer whose work is reaching beyond the mundane limits of pure utility and the vanity of luxury.......
              I don't wanna get too much into this as i am not his spokesperson, nor do I want to misrepresent him.

I think its a really nice move to support the people who are fighting for socioeconomic justice across the Globe

Comment

• coup de grace
                x
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                well i don't think so, and even if this is the case, sometimes one has to come across as inappropriate and offensive to raise the importance of a valid point that has to be made......

Some of the greatest incidents and occurrences that has benefited mankind, has come though people doing things that at first glance would seem utterly inappropriate.

GBS has always been and continue to be a designer whose work is reaching beyond the mundane limits of pure utility and the vanity of luxury.......
                I don't wanna get too much into this as i am not his spokesperson, nor do I want to misrepresent him.

I think its a really nice move to support the people who are fighting for socioeconomic justice across the Globe
                we still don't know the details of why gbs would choose that word as the name of his collection.

but are you actually claiming that you think a niche luxury fashion brand's showroom label will bring additional attention to a movement like ows?

it's hard to even come up with a justification for his use of the term that implies "support".

fucking make the occupiers some coats if you want to support them, do co-opt and dilute their moniker.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

...^ he actually has made the occupiers some coats if only you would be a little less militant and read up on his designer thread.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

A,

Here is what a part of the invittation says:

"a special fashion art performance & installation in Paris dedicated to nonviolent
                    people around the world working for freedom, dignity & equality for all"

Geoffrey is my friend, we've had dinner on several occasions and had numerous discussions about history, Politics, religion , family and endless different subject matters that affect the human condition.
                    I am 100% certain he isn't some fake looking for the latest moment to promote his work,
                    He is very active in his community with regards to matters like Nuclear waste and such.

I know of him doing a ton of work outside of fashion in the social and political landscape...........and in a way you might want to partially view his work through that lens to get a better understanding of it.

And yes, I do believe that a small luxury niche brand can play its part in speaking out for social justice................we are all human beings, and one of the greatest problem in our world is when people start believing that their own small voice will do nothing to address the problems that afflict us. it is one of the main reasons why a lot of evil men in our society get away with great injustice.............

As the great Edmund Burke said:
                    "all that's needed for evil to thrive is for good men to stand aside and do nothing"

Comment

• several_girls
                      • Nov 2010

but are you actually claiming that you think a niche luxury fashion brand's showroom label will bring additional attention to a movement like ows?

it's hard to even come up with a justification for his use of the term that implies "support".
                      I think it's pretty shallow to assume GBS' goal is to simply get more attention for OWS. Couldn't it also be something more integrated, intellectual, artistic, personal or political?

Finally, I would also say it's small-minded to think that there should be an "appropriateness" to a fashion show or that all artists should comply. Although there are obviously limits (Ksubi comes to mind), I'm all for pushing boundaries.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

I dont know if Im allowed to post the invite, I will ask him if I can,

but if you saw it, it would give a better understanding of the concept he is working with

it has Gandhi, Luther and other non violent activist who have made significant contributions to changing our society for the better...........

I am not putting GBS in their group, but I know outside of his profession as a designer he is doing his part to speak out against many things that ail us as human beings..........
                        If he chooses to use his talents as a designer to these ends I see nothing wrong with that.............matter of fact I commend and support it
                        Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                        I think it's pretty shallow to assume GBS' goal is to simply get more attention for OWS. Couldn't it also be something more integrated, intellectual, artistic, personal or political?

Finally, I would also say it's small-minded to think that there should be an "appropriateness" to a fashion show or that all artists should comply. Although there are obviously limits (Ksubi comes to mind), I'm all for pushing boundaries.
                        Last edited by zamb; 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Silver
                          • Sep 2008

I follow GBS on Facebook, and im constantly inspired by his bravery to speak out... too many people shy away from the truth on certain subjects..they find it easier to bury their heads in the sand... and people who do voice their opinions just get rubbished as 'looneys'... depressing really.
                          http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• pseudonym
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                            I follow GBS on Facebook, and im constantly inspired by his bravery to speak out... too many people shy away from the truth on certain subjects..they find it easier to bury their heads in the sand... and people who do voice their opinions just get rubbished as 'looneys'... depressing really.
                            Careful here... many opinions are not the truth...
                            Not sure if every issue has a "truth" either...

I think I know what you are trying to say, as I am familiar with GBS.
                            I doubt that very many people would argue either on these issues.

But don't clump all people and all opinions into this...

Comment

• Lane
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Silver View Post

Just because you respect his viewpoint and seem to be this emotionally fervent about his ideas doesn't mean its the "truth." Its still just ideas in your head. Be careful that you don't become the one burying your head in the sand.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎