X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Comme des Garçons Women's S/S 2012 - Paris

"Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

"Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

Looks like I started reading White by Kenya Hara at the right time Kinda reminded me of Tao to be honest. Loved the three quarter length sleeve lace top look.

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

I thought about Tao too, the collection with the paper dresses in particular. It also reminds me of this Yves Saint Laurent dress :

I absolutely love the collection, especially the choice of all white/cream colors, and the volumes. The cloaks and the dresses are beautiful. I'm sure there will be a lot of beautiful white lace items very wearable in stores. Can't wait !

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

what.the.fuck.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

is this white bound bride? ...like dolls.
                merz, what about comme comme, is that considered diffusion? maybe not by the prices but it is diffused.

Comment

• Lumina
                  • Dec 2009

Some details :

Comment

• rudo
                    • Feb 2009

Thanks for the detailed shots. The detail looks amazing..And this is great at least as a show.

Comment

• crtk001
                      • Nov 2010

alien bridal

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Alas. This is what happens when you become enormously wealthy and powerful *and* employ thousands of people, who could be terminated (read: tao) or anointed (read: junya) on a whim. Of course no one would deign to tell you that your elephant balloon sculpture hat has crossed that fine line from conceptual (read: beat it) to whack (read: bubbles), because you work in a exceptionally hierarchical organization, surrounded by yes people who are waiting for just the barest nod of acknowledgement - and don't blink or you just might miss it! - before taking off for that giant capsule hotel in the sky.

Oh Rei, Rei, Rei. My fashion tiger mother...

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

mbd, care to rephrase that in lay-people language? i'm trying to comprehend what you just wrote but, unfortunately, not getting very far

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
                          It also reminds me of this Yves Saint Laurent dress :
                          my first impression was that the whole collection was based off of this one ysl design

it's fun, not really that inspirational for everyday life, but if i had a ton of money and was going to have a wedding, i would consider wearing some of this stuff. you could literally "tie the knot" in the first few dresses. the pointy-headed capes are kind of cute, but i feel like i'm not supposed to like them because of the kkk vibe
                          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• lmaozedong
                            • Jan 2010

I think MBD is expressing that when you're as bad ass as Rei, no one dares to call you out when your collection sucks.

Personally, I think this collection is fun to look at. But I'd rather have these designs on top of a wedding cake. It would make for a hilarious bridal costume, though I'd imagine kissing the groom might be quite difficult in some of these

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

GeneYoko -

In short, Rei is following in the footsteps of a fellow superstar, who was once brilliant but going into "nutters" territory but has so much power that no one is willing to critique her. Rei has Michael Jackson Syndrome (hence the "beat it" and "bubbles" cues.)

Just sayin'

'dodo
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎