• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    i was browsing nyfw fashion week street style and party photos last night and the only guys looking half decent to me were the rappers or rap-inspired vfiles types. in spite of all the vitriol in the owens hip hop thread i'm beginning to think this "aesthetic" may be the only bulwark against blandness and 50s preppydom in u.s. men's style.
    I hope you wrote this post on the other bulwark
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

TURNS OUT COLOR HIDES TEPID BULLSHIT MASQUERADING AS DESIGN

ANYONE REMEMBER THAT ANN DEMEULEMEESTER QUOTE ABOUT HER CLOTHES BEING BLACK AND WHITE BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS FINISHES BEFORE IT'S TIME TO ADD COLOR?

IT'S LIKE, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE A REALLY INTERESTING AND COMPLETE GARMENT TO PRODUCE IT IN BLACK AND STILL GET PEOPLE EXCITED

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I hope you wrote this post on the other bulwark
        that goes without saying.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

I cannot believe the lack of derision toward some people who completely change their style every 6 months. Something to be said for consistency.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Kunk, what's the point? I feel the opposite, people are always very quick to judge. Some people enjoy change. Some people just want to be "cool" or "trendy". That's ok because it really won't impact me. I'm certainly not going to dislike someone or ridicule them because of it.

Then again, I think the whole authenticity debate is bs too. Who cares...
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• schemedream
              • Jan 2013

I read something about Japan and their street clothing style on Reddit that pointed towards their ability as a culture to perceive fashion as clothing, not as a life style belief or choice. It turns the whole debate of authenticity on its head.

Is it only an American thing to associate clothing with archetypes of personality and life choice? I've never lived outside of the US so I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I let this discussion go on too long...my apologies, I should know better than to leave you bitches alone for 5 fucking minutes. Some entertaining and witty things were deleted because they no longer made sense without all the homophobia and general hateisms. Anyone reading this has fair warning to not give into provocation again, including myself.

Now back on topic, even if random, at least make it related to fashion.
                Last edited by Dane; 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I dunno, I actually think it was a fruitful and important discussion and wish it hadn't been moderated out. Why people associate non comoformity in appearance with being gay and why there is such an anxiety over being called gay in our society is actually quite an important and deep topic. I used to think it was only in the Midwest of the US that people yelled fag at you for dressing well/differently so it's fascinating to me to hear the same thing happens all over the world.

And it has everything to do with fashion. If assumptions people make about ones character based on manner of dress isn't relevant to fashion I don't know what is.
                  music

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Calling each other names and posting horribly inappropriate comments have nothing to do with fashion. I made an executive decision to stop the derailing before it got worse.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

2004's rick owens for alexander wang

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                            I read something about Japan and their street clothing style on Reddit that pointed towards their ability as a culture to perceive fashion as clothing, not as a life style belief or choice. It turns the whole debate of authenticity on its head.

Is it only an American thing to associate clothing with archetypes of personality and life choice? I've never lived outside of the US so I wouldn't know.
                            Well... Some would say it is...
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

Agreed. Also, the more this occurs the better the second hand market for us. Roll on fickle ballers.

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

I dunno, I use to be all about living in ones clothes, but lately ive been getting bored of everything rather quickly. I hope im not a fashonista now

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎