X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Alexander Fielden

I have recently seen Alexander Fielden stocked at a couple of the stores I go to and thought it would be interesting to show a couple of his pieces on the forum.

Alexander Fielden focuses primarily on shoes and accessories in leather, and has released two collections:
    Chapter II
    The Wanderer.

I won't go into too much detail as his website is very informative

Here are a couple of pics of his pieces that I thought you might find interesting.

Gloved: Blue/Black

Button Belt Wide

The Messenger

The Pathfinder

The Philosopher, soil

The Carrier

The Handcarrier
    Last edited by eton97; 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM.
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...
  • DmD
    • Jul 2010

eton, very cool, thanks for posting. The collection has medieval feel to it.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

yeah, the gloves and the studded bag rock. i want. the gloves are especially madevil - look like chainmail knight's armor.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• spiral jetty
        • Oct 2010

wow, spooky, that suits the renaissance man. some great bags on his www

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Really interesting stuff. Would like to handle it in person. Eton, what are feelings about the quality? Some nice treatments on those leathers.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

i've seen most of the bits i've posted in the flesh....the noticable thing about all of his pieces are how 'solid' they feel in construction....quite heavy to the touch...i think this comes down to the leathers he uses - they feel more rigid and thicker than most - almost similar the the ccp horse.

Peasant - the quality feels fantastic, although i haven't owned his shoes/boots so can't vouch for how well they hold up...but from looking at them, i would have zero issues.

The gloves really feel like a sheath enclosing the hands and they take time to break in nicely...tried on a couple a different colour variations, but the ones below should be arriving tomorrow, so will report back when they on the old hands...
            ...considering the mutant/camel toe gloves i see around, thought these would raise little interest....

The bags are stunning, and you can see what i meant about the thickness of the leather he uses if you look at the straps - proper slabs of skin.

DmD very much agree on the medieval feel...takes it somewhere new that we haven't visited or at least i haven't seen referenced too much...(although a chainmail suit wouldn't be a surprise from xxx for 2012)

Glad you find it interesting - thought he deserved a mention as he really has some stunning and unique pieces in his collections
            Last edited by eton97; 12-20-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• lostnfound
              • Oct 2010

eton97 - do you happen to know about the stocklists? would love to handle the pieces in person. Looking forward for more photos of the gloves when it has arrived, great purchase!

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

click on 'wanderblog' on his website, and you can see the stockists on that page

Comment

• lostnfound
                  • Oct 2010

Thanks eton97! Only European and Japanese stocklists by now. Looking forward to see some shops from the States carry his label. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Eton,

i must thank you for posting this. Never heard about the designer before but instantly smitten. there is a feel to his work that i definitely admire, it personally resonate with me.

Guess its the kind of "non industrialized feel that it possesses
                    will certainly try to know more about his work.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lostnfound View Post
                      Thanks eton97! Only European and Japanese stocklists by now. Looking forward to see some shops from the States carry his label. Thanks again for the info.
                      Well, it's on SZ now. So, expect something next season.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

interview..

I do like it..and would really love to see / handle it. But some is a little CON meets Europe. A bit much in some aspects, but very intriguing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Some really lovely leatherwork in all of this. I didn't expect him to be so young. It's great to see this generation (my generation?) wanting to devote their lives to arts and specialties such as leatherwork and shoemaking... these are traditions that should never die.

The sculpting of the leather and the leather choices are really nice in his work.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

nice to see he finally has his own thread in here. I like his early experimental stuff.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                              • Dec 2010

Thanks for introducing it. thoes gloves rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎