X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
    Not trying to defend the seller because he clearly abused you, but expecting to have brand-new items at half-price every time is the kind of logic that makes me cringe.
    You are absolutely right, I am expecting it not as brand-new but as "what seller has told me and what seller has shown me". His logic is, though, "it's cheaper than retail so it could easily have some tears and I even don't have to tell you that, it's implied by the price".
    Your sale could be a nice example since I've bought watch from you (1/3 retail price by the way, even cheaper than 1/2!), you've warned me about necessity to change battery beforehand and everything else was perfect: that's what I call a good seller.

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

Ha, I almost forgot! I see your point, thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• derpington
        • Oct 2009

I had a great experience with AKA*NYC and kollaps. I couldn't be happier with their service. Thanks!

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Buy with confidence from Prototypes, legit seller, answers any questions quick & reliable.
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• repp_fink
            • Sep 2010

Just leaving a note to rep orphée for the belts he sent me. With tags, in the original box -- what a guy. Thanks again, man.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

this is a real pain, because im going to berlin on the 1st and he still hasn't shipped the items back so he can get a refund as paypal decided, he rather keep posting this everywhere because he didn't get a full refund and get to keep the items.

my first time selling an item that used and abused, so i thought I priced it accordingly, as a jacket, maybe it should have been less, or maybe I shouldn't sell things that used. However, The shirt holes he did himself, except for the one on the chest, because he didn't bring them up until the paypal dispute 1 month after our PM exchange.

I think i've had droves of people come in here and tell me I sold them a great item, and I still am dealing with people all the time. This was my mistake for selling something that used.

Since this guy is hellbent on defaming me, I might as well post his posts, and his PMs. I tried being nice with him, and then he accused me of "insulting" him and being a liar, thief, etc, when he cuts up holes on a shirt before doing a dispute a month later.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/ind...tes/?p=2956617

newp, bought my viridi anne jacket which i no longer have pictures for unfortunately, and it had a broken zipper, and was old, but wasn't as bad as he makes it out to be, plus it was priced at $180 for a jacket I thought it was fair considering it retailed for around $800. Plus, I didn't notice all the other damage on the jacket which does warrant a return, thats true, but he also decided to make this dispute a month after I apologized to him and I thought we made peace.

However, he's trying to tarnish my reputation on my sale thread when paypal solved the dispute, I can take screenshots, he wanted all his money back for an item he bought willingly knowing the damage it had. I explained to paypal that I will allow a refund if I get the jacket back, and knowing that he didn't get all his money and my jacket he got enraged so he is now trying to defame me in public.

The fact is, he is posting this because he is mad he has to return the item to me and not get a free item, imo, because he could have just accepted the refund and sent the item back, but he still hasn't, and has until the 30th to do so, and hes wasting my time.

Also, I think I've been selling things here and on SZ long enough that I have lots of people who were happy with the items they've received, this was one of my older items so I took a gamble selling something that old and used, but i tried to price it accordingly. Shirt is probably off in price, they are both a mistake for being sold, but he already got a chance at his refund and he hasn't accepted it by returning the items.

also, the different names isn't for deception as he is trying to portray, its just because I chose my email name for this site. On SZ, the name is more for the persona.

Also, if you are the type that gets swayed by posts like newps, I ask that if you are interested in a future item of mine, just ask that current photos be taken of it so we can both be on the same page about the condition prior to buying. In fact everything current im selling is near mint, except the white double layers

btw here are all the "insults" and everything else he is talking about, I welcome him to post some sort of PM evidence that I insulted him.

I welcome him to post whatever he'd like as far as our exchange is concerned, ill refund the items once they are sent back. Also, I just realized that my t shirt had one hole, the one on the chest, the back ones I wouldn't be surprised he did them because he never sent me that photo in PMs, but they did magically appear in the paypal dispute, how convenient after a month from our discussion over PM.

look, as I said, apologies, send the items back, and I'll refund the total, and I definitely won't repost these items
              In fact as I said, on sufu, because of that mistake, I revamped my thread, and posted better pictures, Also, if you are the type that gets swayed by posts like newps (not that you can even read it at all), I ask that if you are interested in a future item of mine, just ask that current photos be taken of it so we can both be on the same page about the condition prior to buying. In fact everything current im selling is near mint, except the white double layers

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                • Apr 2011

Shouldn't you be posting pictures of the actual items and their condition anyways? Seems this would alleviate any problems about condition as the buyer would see the actual item in its current state.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Whoa, Lane, it looks like you are really persistent in digging your own grave, aren't you? Well, feel yourself free to use my assistance.

First of all, my apologies to everyone for a wall of text. Looks like this forum doesn't support spoilers (or I don't know how to use it here lol).

So, step by step.
                  0. Since Lane looks fine with posting screenshots of private conversations without my consent (in my opinion it looks impolite even regarding current circumstances, well, anyway nothing which can stain me is in there anyway) I have no choice but to do the same as well. Now, most important statement which will affect each of his posts: Lane is a liar. Check first and second of his posts, first made earlier of course. http://i.imgur.com/R7B8bC2.png
                  "I've washed both the items" - a bit later - "I didn't wash the jacket BUT it was washed a while ago" - in the same post lol - "It was washed months/year ago". He contradicts himself and lies. Now, let's proceed.
                  this is a real pain, because im going to berlin on the 1st and he still hasn't shipped the items back so he can get a refund as paypal decided, he rather keep posting this everywhere because he didn't get a full refund and get to keep the items.
                  "Still hasn't shipped?" Paypal told me to return items on the 23th of June, yesterday. Before that I wasn't notified that claim was decided in my favor (and I am really unhappy it took me to ask for paypal help since trying to discuss your deed in PMs was useless). By the way, and you know it, I'm going on a trip without an access to these items, in order to send them back before I have to reschedule everything and I consider myself lucky if I am able to send it by Friday. All thanks to you.

2. The strangest of your accusations, it's really funny.
                  However, he's trying to tarnish my reputation on my sale thread when paypal solved the dispute, I can take screenshots, he wanted all his money back for an item he bought willingly knowing the damage it had. I explained to paypal that I will allow a refund if I get the jacket back, and knowing that he didn't get all his money and my jacket he got enraged so he is now trying to defame me in public.
                  2.1. I can't wait for a screenshot when I bought the item "willingly knowing the damage it had". Hell, the whole point of your scam is that you've hidden that damage from me, I would never bought a shirt full of holes and a jacket full of tears and stains. Willingly knowing the damage? C'mon, show me that screenshot.
                  2.2. I can't wait for the screenshot I wanted all money back. Here is my screenshot in advance, the comments on paypal dispute: http://i.imgur.com/sM92MiE.png. I've offered 2 solutions after that: either you refund me $200 because of conditions of the items or you cover the return shipping and you get your items back. I really don't understand why do I have to pay for return shipping because of fraudulent seller? Unfortunately, you've made paypal to make the 3rd choice and now I have to pay for return shipping myself. Thanks for making me pay for your fail as an honest seller.
                  2.3. The funniest part. So "knowing that he didn't get all his money and my jacket he got enraged so he is now trying to defame me in public", for real? Man, you shouldn't fail that hard and stain your reputation with a liar stains anymore, please don't do this. Once again, paypal screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/sM92MiE.png. The date is 16th of June. My post here, scroll above, the date is 16th of June, created a bit earlier than paypal dispute was opened. Really, I was mad because of paypal solution from 23rd of June at 16th of June already? Do you accuse me of being the seer? I reconsider. You are more sad than funny, trying to make accusations like that. NO, the point of me creating these threads is preventing anyone from buying torn clothes from Lane and saving their money and nerves. Letting them learn on my mistakes.

3. Another crazy statement made by Lane. Indeed, I haven't photographed the shirt's back with 3 holes while arguing with him. This is easy: as a seller he's well aware of the damage to the shirt (since he washed it if this is the truth), there is no need to show him all damage. To you, sz members and to the paypal staff I've shown the full damage indeed. To claim me of creating these holes by myself is considerably not clever. Why don't you go further and accuse me of creating everything by myself? Tears, holes, stains, of course everyone would believe a liar like you!
                  Just to be clear: no, I haven't created any tears and holes on these clother. In fact I've never worn them, because who would do that?

I am really happy just because of one thing: at least after our conversation and his exposure like that he has reconsidered his "advertising policy" and edited his thread accordingly. There "some holes" comments finally appeared under item which was on sale before without these comments. Who knows what he hides though.

That's what we have right now.
                  Me: being robbed of the price of return shipping (I've paid from shipping from him to me $55. I wonder how much would I pay for shipping from me to him), lost a lot of nerves, left without my full payment for almost 2 months and maybe even more before I will get it back. Just because I've dealt with Lane.
                  Lane: used my money for 1.5 monts happily. Gets his items back (BE WARNED! I am sure he will try to relist it!). Looks like he pays for initial shipping since that should be refunded for me. Just because he is Lane, a fraudulent seller who sells torn and stained clothing.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

ok i think we all got the point(s) by now; both sides of the story have been heard. please stop posting here about this now, both of you...

Comment

• Jan 2011

Had a great dealing with AKA*NYC recently. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Comment

• savant
                        • Jul 2011

Backing up newp here

Bought an item from Lane before; Had horrid body odour stench and lining rips which were not disclosed

Been quoted by another SZ member "Lane wears his stuff to death" after the issue

In any case, I would advise anyone never to buy any of his used items

Comment

• kuriz
                          • Nov 2010

Had a great transaction with JetLag. Shipping was fine and the pieces is exactly like described. I'm glad that it did fit me perfectly (I was a bit worried it was too small) but it all turned out all right, so thank you very much.

Comment

• i-d-g
                            • Sep 2012

Just received my item in the mail from from Dawn. Fantastic seller, very patient, polite, and considerate. The item description on the thread was described exactly how the item was in person; there were no surprises. Buy with confidence.
                            “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

My good dude, Magic, fulfilled a dream of mine. No issues what-so-ever. Thanks, my friend.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

You're welcome
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎