Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gotoid
    • Sep 2012

I am currently reading A Game of Thornes by George R R Martin. I'm about half way through and loving it. As it is a book, its way more descriptive than the series. I especially enjoyed the description of the Eyrie. WAY more complex that portrayed in the series (as expected).

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Unfortunately, you've read his best book first.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

As much as I love Vonnegut's body of work, I would have to agree. But it is one of my favourite books and there'll be nothing wrong with you reading more.
        Read Lucky Kunst last week which is terrible as a piece of writing but fascinating to me having arrived in London just a few years late. Finally reading cloud atlas which is a good read, just not quite sure yet where it's going and I am almost done...
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

The Wachowski film will be bananas!!!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            The Wachowski film will be bananas!!!
            A friend of mine at Warner says it's amazing and he has good taste. Trailer looks insane.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I know! Finally a film I can get excited about.

I find myself no longer wanting to watch heavy films. I am becoming like Rick and music. Help me!!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                A friend of mine at Warner says it's amazing and he has good taste. Trailer looks insane.
                ^maybe i have very bad taste then, but to me the trailer feels like a pancake with syrup, marmalade, peanut butter, ketchup and a few slices of german sausage on top of this (houellebecq+lost+matrix).

is the book worth reading though?
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Well, that's pretty much the book... it's literally all over the place, in every sense. It's a good read, but being close to the end I am expecting some amazing conclusion which so far eludes me...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    ^maybe i have very bad taste then, but to me the trailer feels like a pancake with syrup, marmalade, peanut butter, ketchup and a few slices of german sausage on top of this (houellebecq+lost+matrix).

give me knife and fork then!

Like, I said, I am losing capacity to watch heavy films. I reserve it for literature. I must be getting old! I now look for intelligent entrainment from the movies, pretty much. Goodbye, Lars von Trier...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Maybe this explains... and I totally missed that the Wachowski brothers have become the Wachowski siblings until a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ Haha, me too, until I read the New Yorker article last week.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                          • Feb 2012

sz after dark

http://www.arlindo-correia.org/joyce.html

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

Anais Nin OBSERVED

Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• numberniners
                              • Jul 2012

Seems you guys on here have quite a refined academic taste in books ;).

I just finished rereading one of my favourite autobiographies, Just Kids by Patti Smith.

Now starting The Caliph's House by Tahir Shah.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post

Just watched the trailer. You forgot the chester slices.

I can't stand any of this everything is connected contemporary anthem anymore. Hail discordia, I say.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎