Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlightRight
    • Mar 2011

I don't there's any point here to argue they're definitely not the "new in box" condition. The seller knew one grey one brown situation and chose not to declare it at the first place would be negligent IMO.
    Btw, you can always find a decent cobbler to dry if the issue can't be settled...
    Good luck!

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

SlightRight the soles showed that the boots had never been worn (i showed this also in my photos) if they have marks on them now that is not the way i sent them. They came in the box with tissue and in the ma+ bag, exactly how i photographed them.

Joey (qazwsx) never said i ignored him he stated "back and forth pms", read the thread properly before you write a stupid response.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
        Banned
        • Jun 2011

Your request is not fair. Your transaction dispute isnt different than anyone else's and does not deserve its own thread. You slandering snafu is also pretty disrespectful, work it out with him or if you must with paypal.

As for the shoes, I am not a big M.A+ fan but I understand that they are handmade and the colour varies from pair to pair and if it matters, think the grey and brown look fine.

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
        I don't there's any point here to argue they're definitely not the "new in box" condition. The seller knew one grey one brown situation and chose not to declare it at the first place would be negligent IMO.
        Btw, you can always find a decent cobbler to dry if the issue can't be settled...
        Good luck!
        The shoes are a unique colour on a pair of handmade artisanal shoes , we aren't talking paint cans at the Home Depot. What some people see as grey/brown, some people will see as just grey or just brown or a dark green or whatever. They definitely look new in box.

Comment

• qazwsx
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by snafu View Post
          dye them black your self with feiblings leather dye (i have done this in the past)
          That sounds so nice of you, doesn't it? I would not have been posting any of this up if you would at least give a reply when i was reaching out for help instead of ignoring it.

reference:

this pm later on never got any reply.
          well, there isn't a proper recommendation or anything for the request(for directing me to a trust-worthy cobbler) at the first time either, even until now.

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
          Your request is not fair. Your transaction dispute isnt different than anyone else's and does not deserve its own thread. You slandering snafu is also pretty disrespectful, work it out with him or if you must with paypal.
          I hope you really read the whole thread instead of scanning through it and then left an irresponsible comment.
          I've stated in the thread that im NOT asking for refund or return anymore. What I want is a sincere apology from Richard which I couldn't seem to get through the pms. Or if you've read the thread properly, in your own way maybe, i'll have to tell you people don't claim for an apology through Paypal. Paypal is an e-commerce business. see? Richard finally gave me a one sentence constructive advice(as quoted above) about the issue after i've started a thread about this. Imagine the pms.

If only number of post/ amount of items you have counts, SlightRight owns way more than you have ever handled, with a far subtle selection than many of items in your WTB threads. having said that, he knows what artisanal clothing and what hand made garments are like. No one is perusing any pressed perfect plastic shit here, just to mind you you're not the only one.
          Last edited by qazwsx; 04-28-2013, 02:26 AM.
          "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• JetLag
            • Jul 2008

Well, it could be worse
            Originally posted by danman
            If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• qazwsx
              • Feb 2012

^
              I do think my issue here is worse than that, given that the one you posted only has a small patch of leather facing inside being brown, while mine's the reversed.
              Last edited by qazwsx; 04-28-2013, 11:51 AM.
              "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• nahneun
                • Feb 2011

don't know why this thread was moved to shopping and personal style but...

had an excellent transaction with nictan. prompt and courteous seller!

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                  I don't think he is slandering snafu.. He had a prob with his transaction (as he saw it) and has the right to leave the seller feedback as per the thread.. If a transaction doesn't work out the buyer can voice his displeasure.. Or is this thread really the seller positive feedback only thread???

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

Throw the darker virgin boot in a sunny window for a week. Problem solved. I've seen this happen a lot, even with indoor (indirect) lighting. Wear them for a month and you will forget this ever happened. Good choice btw best ankle boot on the market imo

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

I got a pair of Guidis back in the day from Archive that had the same problem , Arthur was kind enough to offer a full refund but I just ended up keeping them.
                      You can use any kind of leather darkening oil on the lighter shoe which will totally fix the problem , Hope you do end up being satisfied with them cause like Andrew said they are sick shoes & at that price a goddamn steal!

In all fairness though its disingenuous of the seller to not mention the color variation

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i was going to suggest this as well. use some obenauf's leather oil on them and it will darken them a bit. should even things out.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• NicolasA
                          • Aug 2012

Smooth transaction with

TheThief
                          Public profile:
                          http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/member.php?u=8442

Bought couple of Silent T shirts. International shipping worked fine. Smooth communication all the way.

Thanks!

Comment

• NicolasA
                            • Aug 2012

Great transaction with comedyzen on a Silent Jacket

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/member.php?u=4424

Recommended!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

Nice and flawless transaction with Orphée : reliable, quick to ship, quick to answer. Thanks again !
                              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• djt00
                                • Apr 2013

I had a great transaction with BSR.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢