Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahn
    • Jul 2012

I bought Nike dri fit leggings for the strict purposes of exercise and they've started making more appearances on my person when I'm not at the gym. I forgot what it was like to be comfortable and now I can't stop...

Please send help.

Clarifying that I would never wear them to work or anywhere serious, but running errands, etc, that do not involve working out.
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ahn View Post
      I bought Nike dri fit leggings for the strict purposes of exercise and they've started making more appearances on my person when I'm not at the gym. I forgot what it was like to be comfortable and now I can't stop...

Please send help.

Clarifying that I would never wear them to work or anywhere serious, but running errands, etc, that do not involve working out.
      Had the same result with nike free, and it's spreading upward...

I work mostly from home, usually in fur-lined slippers from rudsack, dropcrotch sweats from zara and alternating between two old oversized cashmere tops on top of old tees. Its super comfy and completely out of style.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

In winter:
        old t-shirt, RRL chunky knit shawl cardigan, random drop crotch lounge pants, socks, Birkenstocks

In summer:
        old t-shirt, basketball shorts, Birkenstocks or barefoot
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

Who was that dude who came into WAYWT with a bang but didn't last long? He had the right hat for the job.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

/\ Warg.

I think the designer responsible is Vivienne Westwood... Kind of reminds me of what Smokey the Bear would wear, except 2x larger.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                • Oct 2014

Levi's 510 for riding around town, usually with AA shirts I buy at wholesale. Cycling is usually SWRVE/Chrome gear. I like slumming around my house in knee length Rick shirts though.

I'm wearing my "SZ" clothes a lot less since my move. Haven't seen a single piece of designer clothing since I came down here to Austin. Everyone is perma-lounging with washed denim, white t-shirts, and some blazer combo. Usually complete with a 5 panel.

Comment

• superlatens
                  • Nov 2014

old beat up adidas track pants and a flannel pajama top

Comment

• kaneneu
                    • Feb 2014

Not directed as an attack against anyone's choices, but does no one take issue with purchasing and wearing brands such as Nike, pretty much 'the devil' of the fashion industry, after having committed to the values of the artisanal, or the 'avant-garde' if that word can even be used anymore?

I downright refuse to support such companies which I spend so much energy trying to get away from, in as many areas of my consumption as possible, and I am constantly learning of more areas in which to be conscious of my purchasing and what it speaks on behalf of myself.

Isn't this a fundamentally 'SZ' ideal? I spend great time effort to be an informed, conscientous, ethical 'consumer' to the best of my ability, which is what led me to such makers that we support on this dear website. When did everyone become so fucking soft? Where is the discipline and the moral integrity? Does no one believe in making the sacrifice of your comfort or perhaps more of your hard earned dollars for practicing what one believes in? If you believe in the ethical justifiability of Nike, or H&M etcetera to infinite, then that's to you.

I'm more than well aware our beloved Rick Owens requires the same discernment in regards to manufacturing processes, and aware not everyone is rich. I'm not interested in hearing basal rebuttals, I'm genuinely curious — does no one hold their consumption to the rigorous standards of their 'taste'?

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kaneneu View Post
                      Not directed as an attack against anyone's choices, but does no one take issue
                      When did everyone become so fucking soft? Where is the discipline and the moral integrity? Does no one believe in making the sacrifice of your comfort or perhaps more of your hard earned dollars for practicing what one believes in?
                      I'm genuinely curious — does no one hold their consumption to the rigorous standards of their 'taste'?
                      almost sounds like you are trolling here, bud...
                      Last edited by Shucks; 03-27-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

No offense to you in particular, kaneneu, but I find your generation really pathetic sometimes. Your political battles have devolved into consumer choices. Historically speaking, in terms of resistance to the evils of society and the capitalist system your generation is the worst on record. You don't know what class struggle is, you don't know what political struggle is, you have no scope of history (partly because your education is shit, of course, and you don't read books).

I mean, damn, all of a sudden the naive privileged kids of my generation who went to Peace Corps seem pretty fucking radical compared to you. But, really maybe you should "spend so much energy" thinking of things other than what to buy and where. I am not excusing Nike and H&M (though it does seem that Nike has been doing a decent job at checking on their contractors given the last decade's production debacle), but shit, there are more important things in the broad scheme. Talk about losing integrity and morals in favor of comfort.

We have both chambers of Congress controlled by Republicans, the scum of the earth that are ruining our country, and that's because your generation does not exercise your right to vote - which is, mind you, your ONLY serious democratic right. Meanwhile, you are on here moralizing about what shit you and others should be buying.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

An educated guess.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Defender
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2015

People of all generations and most cultures think tweeting is "taking action": #handsup #bringbackourgirls

They also think that hitting "like" means something actually happened, and that it actually shows support.

It's not surprising that someone thinks that buying a $400 t-shirt to mow the lawn or $1,300 shoes for the gym is taking action, too.

Comment

• MJRH
                              • Nov 2006

I take issue with purchasing and wearing brands such as Nike because they're fucking ugly, politics be damned
                              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

With all the talk of Nike in here i wonder what is it you guys are working out in? Is it some sort of Rick one piece or 11BBS or what?

I mean sure it's not the most good looking but for working out purpose i think Nike is up there with the best. With sweatshop scandal backlash a few years ago if i remember correctly they are now better than ever at checking on their workers conditions. It is still not very good but they do show sign of improvement. I am not trying to defend Nike here, its merely just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎