Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

yup, hof for snafu. perfect ccp proportions coupled with an overall vibe of relaxedness. smoooooth.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

its a solid outfit, but I think the boots are a bit off. imo they don't match style wise, and the way they stick out in the ankles is a bit awkward.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        its a solid outfit, but I think the boots are a bit off. imo they don't match style wise, and the way they stick out in the ankles is a bit awkward.
        agree perfectly with this statement, but it beg a question?

Isn't it these little "oddness and offness" about an outfit that makes them interesting?
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ES3K
          • Oct 2008

Maybe it would take away some of the relaxed appeal, but I'd prefer the shirt tucked in.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

I really like the overall relaxed feeling of the normally quite formal fit but I don't think its HOF worthy tbh.
            After all it still is a grey suit paired with a white shirt.
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
              I really like the overall relaxed feeling of the normally quite formal fit but I don't think its HOF worthy tbh.
              After all it still is a grey suit paired with a white shirt.

From your perspective, what is it in a WAYWT pic that makes it hall of fame worthy?
              as for me, HOF has nothing to do with the pieces within themselves, one could be wearing a shorts an T-shirt for all I care. It is a about the overall mood and composition of the entire image. The look, and stance of the wearer, the harmony, or even tension of the wearer with his environment, that brings the Photo above the real of "just a normal Pic"
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                Isn't it these little "oddness and offness" about an outfit that makes them interesting?
                I definitely agree. The untucked shirt and the boots are what make it work for me. I love this.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• JetLag
                  • Jul 2008

Gorgeous Snafu! And the nice smile above all.
                  Nam was the right choice ;)
                  Originally posted by danman
                  If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    From your perspective, what is it in a WAYWT pic that makes it hall of fame worthy?
                    as for me, HOF has nothing to do with the pieces within themselves, one could be wearing a shorts an T-shirt for all I care. It is a about the overall mood and composition of the entire image. The look, and stance of the wearer, the harmony, or even tension of the wearer with his environment, that brings the Photo above the real of "just a normal Pic"
                    I knew that this would come.
                    For me the overall outfit/picture has to "do" something to me the second I see it to put it above average. Its just my point of view but I don't find that fit and pic to be outstanding enough to be in the HOF.

Also maybe I do not have the ability to see "the harmony, or even tension of the wearer with his environment".
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

it's PERFECT in my eyes!

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

snafu looks good, though agree the boots seem a bit off and not sure we need another ccp suit in hof (not that there is a quota, i just can't stand the cut.)

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                          • Nov 2007

^ I think the color/texture of the boots is perfect, I just think they are a bit clunky and would have rather seen CCP boots complete the outfit.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Ima have to join the haters...love the suit...love the untucked shirt...thinking derbies or slimmer boots would have made it total perfection.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

that ss 08 cut is superb. have the almost the same suit. I can never wear boots with it because of the same problem that's occurring here. just doesn't work if you have chicken legs
                              but snaf transcends as he radiates pure joy from the star below
                              which surely should be remembered
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                . . .but snaf transcends. . .

I agree. That's snaf's "whipper-snapper" appeal, haa. Kid can get away with just about anything. Like a shit-kicking boot with a tailored suit. Lends just the right touch of subversive, which, for me, is more important than matchy-matchy perfection.

*The perfection is in the imperfection.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎