Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

that may be true but where really could u do that? at a swinger party in 90210?
    also u realize that if and when this gets to 90% off it'll still be $1200, that's nuts and i can't think of anyone that gets below 70% off. which would be a nice round $3600..

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post

that may be true but where really could u do that?

In my imagination, silly. And also my backyard.

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post

also u realize that if and when this gets to 90% off it'll still be $1200, that's nuts and i can't think of anyone that gets below 70% off. which would be a nice round $3600..

That is why I doubt any retailer, outside of Rick's own stores, will be offering it (unless it's a made-to-order option). Too much of a liability; can you imagine someone trying to return something that delicate after buying it online?! And at those price points, you probably won't find many put into production, anyway. We can assume a handful will make it 'past the gates', but keep in mind that Rick's runway isn't what fills the coffers. It never has been. That honor goes to Pre-Collection, otherwise known as the shit that flies off the racks.

But back to Runway. It's the general spirit, vibe – whatever you'd like to call it – that gets translated (read: diluted for easier consumption), and its subsequent components then applied to more approachable pieces. In other words, you might not be able to hang that $12,000 concrete-tulle number in your closet, but there'll probably be something in the collection that hits that note to help dry the tears. And if not, there's always Pre-Collection.
      sain't

Comment

• nathaliew817
        • Sep 2014

I think it looked repetitive because he always featured each silhouette in pairs. Like he always does.

Still, the detail and craftsmanship on these garments is incredible. The way he pleated and folded the tulle in this triangles while still making it look like concrete.

Personally, I'm a big fan of geometric shapes and stiff fabrics, so I will be on the lookout for a tulle overcoat.
        V A N II T A S

Comment

• Bson
          • May 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          I don't see wearing a bra, or even shoes, actually, with some of the more ethereal dresses.

That may sound contrary and totally mental, but I just feel that either would sort of 'steal' something from the mood they create. Like fucking up a poem.
          Awesome you had that intuition seeing that that collection is inspired by this ballet...~~ And in nature! Here is the Debussy he references backstage

Comment

• Warg
            • Nov 2012

i'm a guy but always look at the women s show very carefully cause i wear his women s piece quit well as i m really skinny but this show is just the worst so far for me. I like the unflattering shaped usually like Westwood that i love the women s too but that show was just too far from anything i imagined... the inspiration might be quit interesting but the shapes really hurt my eyes and the choice of the fabric make everything way too overpriced for sure. A strange idea that i for once won t be looking forward too...

Comment

• Areyoulistening
              • Nov 2013

Finally got a chance to check this out and I really like this collection. Different form his usual stuff but still Rick. The fabric looks so soft but the cuts are still very hard. I think these girls looks strong, confident, and sexy.

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

starting to see this creep in, and for the first time since "stag" my ears are perked up. impressed with the dryness of the tulle (similar to a tutu) but melded with poplin and leather this is a uniform I can wear.

as a matter of fact, I think it will go beautifully with some of the 08 jackets.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎