Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olethomas
    • Dec 2010

Any recommendable vegetarian/vegan restaurants fairly close to either LN-CC, layers or Rick?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

in before zboss:

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I will repeat the same refrain - Ottolenghi, Ottolenghi, Ottolenghi. Alone a reason to move to London.
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Nopi.
      neither one is vegetarian per se, but both have amazing vegetarian dishes (and this is coming from someone typically on an all-meat diet)
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Hahaha. Also, Rose Bakery on the top floor of Dover Street Market has plenty of vegetarian options.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

The two times I've been to Rose Bakery I have been pretty disappointed with their food, especially since it's quite expensive for what it is... is this a general thing or is it just me? Always wondered, since I'd expect quality at DSM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

It's you
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by HWith View Post
              The two times I've been to Rose Bakery I have been pretty disappointed with their food, especially since it's quite expensive for what it is... is this a general thing or is it just me? Always wondered, since I'd expect quality at DSM.
              I'm with you on this one. And I'd go as far as calling the one in Paris a true shithole. Also happy 666th post!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I also find the Paris branch underwhelming, but I love the one at DSM (only wish the portions were bigger). Strangely, the Rose Bakery catering at the Comme showroom in Paris is a winner. Maybe they get it from the Monmartre branch? Never been to that one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Well the owner is Adrian Joffe's sister, isn't it? They can probably get whatever they want.

Comment

• Aska
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
                    Any recommendable vegetarian/vegan restaurants fairly close to either LN-CC, layers or Rick?
                    Mildreds on 45 Lexington street is good, both vegetarian and vegan and not so far from Layers

But the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant in my opinion is Vanilla Black on 17-18 Tooks Court. Not close to any of those stores but kind of on your way to LN-CC and its worth a visit.

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Ironically I'd probably be eating there (at Rose Bakery) next time I'm in London. I usually end up at DSM after visiting the Yohji store and Layers, and by then I'm pretty exausted so I can't be bothered to find anywhere else to eat. Any suggestions to a nice place to eat in the area? Nothing fancy, but not crap either...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Pret-a-manger

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Princi? Koya?

Comment

• olethomas
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            in before zboss:

neither one is vegetarian per se, but both have amazing vegetarian dishes (and this is coming from someone typically on an all-meat diet)
                            alright – thanks lowrey!

besides from that, does anyone know of any good exhibitions going on in london from april 15.-17.? my first time and i'd like to make the most out of it (yeah, i already googled and found some but not loads)

Comment

• jumpoff
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                              Any suggestions to a nice place to eat in the area? Nothing fancy, but not crap either...
                              Hawksmoor Air Street. It might qualify as fancy, but for lunch it's quite good value for money and the food really is excellent.

The area around DSM is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to value for money, but it's so central that there's plenty of good places in 5-10 mins walking distance.

For vegetarian I have to echo lowrey and recommend Ottolenghi. Honey & Co is also great, but like Ottolenghi it's not a strictly vegetarian restaurant.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

Looking for a nice hotel in the shoreditch area.
                                Nothing too fancy and/or expensive.

Thx
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎