Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

mets are gonna be here tomrrow , think harveys gonna start too . i hadnt planned on goin but now i mite have to just to see what hes all about

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

so i got to see harvey pitch , hes definately got potential but idk based on the hype hes gettin i was expecting to see some kinda young tom seaver or even a nolan ryan . hes got a great fastball but hes young so thats expected , nice changeup , slider kinda blows . but still i did kinda see why hes gettin lots of attention rite now . if he stays healthy i can imagine him bein legendary , but then there have been alot of young pitchers who for w/e reason never quite lived up to their massive potential ( kerry wood comes to mind ) . somethin i did marvel at was him throwin 4 different pitches in a row to 1 batter and gettin the k . it was like watchin him show a scout like heres what i got , all in a row . i was almost expectin him to throw a knuckleball , are there even any currently active pitchers who use knuckleballs ? i know tim wakefield did but hes retired now

Comment

• stupidchildren
        • Feb 2012

Certainly understand what you mean about the Hype. Its bound to happen to any young player in the game that has an ounce of potential. Longevity is what will separate the truly good ones from the rest. Only time will tell with Harvey.

I think R.A. Dickey is the only current Knuckle baller left. And he basically sucks this year after winning the Cy Young last year.

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

baseball season starts next week !! fuck i cant wait . one a my friends is like " why do you like baseball its the most boring game " but i think its pretty gotdam fun . its like a hundred little games in one big game . u have the catcher callin pitches , outfielders needin to pay attn even tho theyre far back from home plate , how come u got more ice cream in your plastic helmet than mine

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

^
            couldn't agree more. I love all sports but baseball is special to me. it probably has to be instilled & taught to you at an early age to appreciate. I played all levels up thru college and loved it.
            yeah, the pace of the game is slow but that adds to the excitement;tension surrounds every pitch.
            casual fans aren't able to fully recognize the the intricacies of the pitcher/hitter battle or the subtle nuisances in the execution of various plays. also, there is great enjoyment in reading the previous nites box scores and following stats

I know it's futile to try & be a baseball evangelist. You either get it or ya don't

btw my cub luvin friend... season already started "down under"

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
              it's futile to try & be a baseball evangelist. You either get it or ya don't
              lol yup ive stopped trying to convince friends to go with me . btw the cubs are gonna be @ yankees in mid april for 2 games and i believe theyre both nite games . you betta go !

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Didn't even know about this baseball thread, glad to see there are some fans on here! Luckily on my end, many of my friends are baseball fans so I always have someone willing to go to games. I'm also a lifelong Yankees fan but I am a fan of NY sports as a whole so I like when the Mets do well also. Other than those two, I want to see the Cubs get a ring! I can't think of one person who is rooting against them. My first game this season is on April 9th and I can't wait!
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• returningson
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                  Didn't even know about this baseball thread, glad to see there are some fans on here! Luckily on my end, many of my friends are baseball fans so I always have someone willing to go to games. I'm also a lifelong Yankees fan but I am a fan of NY sports as a whole so I like when the Mets do well also. Other than those two, I want to see the Cubs get a ring! I can't think of one person who is rooting against them. My first game this season is on April 9th and I can't wait!
                  Cubs; the little team that could!

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

nahhh cubs are winning it this year im certain of this . didnt you see back to the future where they win in 2015

Comment

• rickandjulius
                      • Feb 2014

Love that theres a baseball thread on here. Rays fans represent!!!

And jogu, if the cubs win the last game of the season I'll paypal you $100.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎