• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    so that term would then be officially sz-disapproved?
    I LOVE IT!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

sz disapproved is an sz approved term.

i approve.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• TrickyRick
        • Feb 2014

Hello :)

I'm a 20 year old student from Calfornia which places me in the younger (and poorer) demographic of users here. I've been lurking for a while and I decided to join. Seems like a nice community with a lack of infighting and approval seeking.

I developed an active interest in clothing less than a year ago. I'm lost in the woods. My favorite designers/labels are Rick owens and his drkshdw line as well as undercover. Hoping to learn more about clothing by participating and eventually? contributing to this community. I've browsed the WAYWT for hours and maybe I'll gather up some courage to make a post :)

Comment

• traplord
          • Mar 2014

25 years old from Italy, now living in Paris. Peace and love.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Welcome to the forum!

TrickyRick: "a lack of infighting and approval seeking"? ...you're in for a treat. :)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
              Welcome to the forum!

TrickyRick: "a lack of infighting and approval seeking"? ...you're in for a treat. :)
              I think he forgot to add "compared to other forums."
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jap808
                • Dec 2012

Hello guys, reading and (from now) posting from Italy: nice to meet you all!
                Jap808

ps: "808 the bassqueen" (cit.)

Comment

• R C W M
                  • Oct 2013

hello SZ.

I made an account several months ago and have lurked since then to get a feel for the culture of the forum. At this stage I think I want to begin contributing to the discussions and engage with new ideas regarding style and design.
                  My wardrobe probably looks a bit different to what I presume is the typical SZ collection but I have a deep respect and appreciation for the varied aesthetics that are presented in the posters day to day outfits.
                  Here's hoping for some interesting discussions and pleasant times!
                  Last edited by R C W M; 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

I don't remember how I came across this forum, perhaps it was through a search on google that involved a certain item more attuned to this forum's aesthetic, like all the for sale: rick/julius/etc etc. Anyways, I'm glad I took some time to look through this forum. I love the discussions going on, there isn't much I feel I can comment on, as the general aesthetic of this forum is quite narrow, but that's alright. What does get talked about is commented on in a great way, and I'm sure the magazine is even greater. I guess I'll buy the five issues sooner or later.

Maybe it's because of financial reasons as a student, but I've never been interested enough to pay a lot for tops (t-shirts/sweaters) unless it was a cardigan. (Ann being the exception from the many designers out there) As a student, I have to be much more thoughtful of my spending.
                    (LOL @ my last comment because I'm on this forum)
                    Outerwear, and boots have always been the main things that attracted me to fashion, everything else, not so much. Maybe it's because these are essentials? I'd put bags up there, but nothing really appeals me, nor do most seem to fit into my wardrobe.
                    Last edited by BlacknWhite; 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I went through the exact same process, until I got enough jackets and boots and than you do start paying attention more to items that seem more replaceable, but in reality still are quite different.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PandorasFate
                        • Apr 2014

I feel as though I've found "my people" on this board. I'm a quite shy woman raised in the southern United States where it isn't all that acceptable to be unique in one's fashion choices. Sommelier by trade, maker of things by the grace of human nature. I never knew myself to fit in to anything, so I just made things or scavenged to get the aesthetic I wanted. Growing up poor wasn't great for that, so my dreams of Rick Owens and Demobaza were actualized with my sewing machine and pure will. I'm moving to DC very soon to improve my life. Here to connect with others of similar mind, share creative works, and above all, learn.

Cheers.
                        “Budget the luxuries first.”
                        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
                          I feel as though I've found "my people" on this board. I'm a quite shy woman raised in the southern United States where it isn't all that acceptable to be unique in one's fashion choices. Sommelier by trade, maker of things by the grace of human nature. I never knew myself to fit in to anything, so I just made things or scavenged to get the aesthetic I wanted. Growing up poor wasn't great for that, so my dreams of Rick Owens and Demobaza were actualized with my sewing machine and pure will. I'm moving to DC very soon to improve my life. Here to connect with others of similar mind, share creative works, and above all, learn.

Cheers.
                          Oh, yes!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PandorasFate
                            • Apr 2014

Oh yes Mr. Faust, You should see the moneyed folk recoil in awe/horror when the "goth chick" delineates flavor complexities in Burgundy based on soil type. *giggle* I will trade fashion advice for wine advice ANY time.
                            “Budget the luxuries first.”
                            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
                              Oh yes Mr. Faust, You should see the moneyed folk recoil in awe/horror when the "goth chick" delineates flavor complexities in Burgundy based on soil type. *giggle* I will trade fashion advice for wine advice ANY time.
                              That's a deal.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Senpai
                                • Apr 2014

Hey Stylezeitgeist. I've been viewing the waywt for quite some time now for personal inspiration. Figured it was about time to contribute to the community that has taught me much. I'm 19 years old living in Park City, Utah. Currently a senior in high school so I guess that places me in the youngest category of this forum. Have never really considered myself to be very young as I grew up mostly associating with older friends so I'd consider myself to be more mature and cultured than the typical US teenager. Besides that I love the arts, and have been painting practically since I could walk. Never really got into high fashion until about a year and a half ago, but have always been interested in the fashion behind various social scenes like punk rock. Not much more to really introduce myself by; looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎