X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devour
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
    A friend of mine used Saphir Renovateur on his Guidis (Kangaroo) and it sort of darkened in color. He was wondering if there was anything he can do to revert this effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated, pictures provided below. First is before, last after. Photos are of the same shoe, the first is just from PNP before it was sent out to him.
    I doubt you can revert this effect. Asked my brother who deals with shoe shining and saphir products.

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

You can try to dry it out, but it will not do anything good for the leather. I had the same issue with blue derbies, but sunlight fixed it for me. I also had milk dunks which remain creme dunks forever now :)
      Grailed link

Comment

• OVR
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by OVR View Post
        Has this ever happened to anyone else?
        I've owned these for less than 5 months and only worn the a few dozen times (as shown by the sole condition)
        On my geobaskets

Comment

• 37ING
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by OVR View Post
          On my geobaskets
          Poor man, I have same problem with you but mine happen at the back (between collar & the heel), I pull the collar too hard when I insert my feet. I also don't know what to do.

Comment

• OVR
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 37ING View Post
            Poor man, I have same problem with you but mine happen at the back (between collar & the heel), I pull the collar too hard when I insert my feet. I also don't know what to do.
            I think mine was caused by kicking my shoes off instead of doing it by hand. Even in that instance I think it was unmerited that it happened, i've owned 3 geobaskets and nothing like that has ever happened.

good news!!: I contacted LN-CC from which i bought them and after exchanging emails back and forth for a week or so, it seems they will be able to exchange that pair for a new model. Bless LN-CC and Rick Owens customer service, I have always been satisfied with their above and beyond help

Comment

• neostrifeX
              • Jun 2013

devour, unwashed, thank for the answer. Broke the news to him.

On the other hand, anyone know of an excellent cobbler in the Orange County area? I heard great things about Willie's in the LA area, but not too keen on driving an hour there unless I have to.

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                Most of the drips are gone.
                The heel wore very quick on these. I know that I have a bit of a deviation in my outerheels, and I often have to fix these parts on any type of shoe.

But I found this solution smart, so other cobblers can try to do it this way instead of those ugly heeltabs
                That is the best heel repair on drips that I have ever seen. They all eventually need the heel situation fixed. I'm saving these pics to give my cobbler something to aspire to.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

So I just got a pair of pull ons and I can't get my foot in there to save my life, so might have to put zippers down the back, which is fine by me. Anyhow have a favorite shop that could pull this off in NYC?

Thanks
                  DxD

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Gonna have to bring my CPs to the cobbler around here to see if he can fix a pretty bad scratch

edit: needed 25 posts
                    Last edited by round; 09-04-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• mikko
                      • Apr 2013

^ wow thanks for the info, waiting for the classifieds post.

Comment

• Yuriii
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
                        devour, unwashed, thank for the answer. Broke the news to him.

On the other hand, anyone know of an excellent cobbler in the Orange County area? I heard great things about Willie's in the LA area, but not too keen on driving an hour there unless I have to.
                        You won't regret going out of your way to meet Raul at Willie's. It's definitely worth it.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                          • May 2014

Verdict on a very good cobbler in Paris? Just go to Atelier Cattelan? I need a light grey vibram...

Also any recommendations on a professional dyer?

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

is there a good cobbler in Seattle?

Comment

• dduyyy
                              • Jul 2014

What do you guys do to deal with mold? Im tired of cleaning all the leather goods again and again, and the mold still show up whenever the humidity is high.
                              Moving to other place/country would not be considered

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                                What do you guys do to deal with mold? Im tired of cleaning all the leather goods again and again, and the mold still show up whenever the humidity is high.
                                Moving to other place/country would not be considered
                                Use vinegar
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎