X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Wire, did you lose weight? Looking good.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Mail-Moth, Wire, Jogu and Kunk, you guys are giving me everything.

MM your beard makes me think of this:
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

looks good kunk.

kuugaia looked really great i think. a nice creative mix going on. and a good photo too. hof for me...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

^ really hof? not really sure how well the panelled leather leggings and strappy ann d sneakers go with ma+. no doubt on the comfortable side for being out and about, whihc is fine, but like mob deep says: its like mixing vodka and milk.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Ann D silk strap dress, MMM gloves, Ann D nubuk leggings, Ann D boots with ties, Junya Watanabe for CDG

The Ann D dress has a number of straps in the interior. Instead of connecting the straps vertically, I attached some diagonally and others horizontally, with some linked to the same button.

The Junya coat is another FW 2006 piece (along with my skirt made of shirts) that is made from military surplus. The bottom portion of the coat is made of a second military coat (hence the second set of zippers that is disconnected). The coat is covered with straps and buttons (in the usual Junya mode) that can be connected in many different ways, changing the silhouette of the coat. To go out, I only had to wear a thin cardigan beneath and add a scarf -- the coat is the warmest (and heaviest) thing I own.

There's a rule about what designers go with what, whut? Damn son...
              Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 09:59 PM. Reason: YES, dang applachien agin. Fixed image files, hopefully.
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I think the outfit is coherent but maybe a little busy. Not sure about HOF though, that gets thrown around an awful lot. And hey, I like a White Russian!

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                ^ really hof? not really sure how well the panelled leather leggings and strappy ann d sneakers go with ma+. no doubt on the comfortable side for being out and about, whihc is fine, but like mob deep says: its like mixing vodka and milk.
                music

Comment

• BUMMER
                  • Feb 2010

^^Yeah, was gonna say..
                  The MA+/Ann D etc. combo might not "sound right on paper", but Kuugaia pulls it off just fine. It's all coherent and refined in it's casualness. I don't see any fashion blasphemy here...

MBD: The 2nd pic is so nice. The earthtones of the coat and gloves against the black layers of the black dress looks good..! Not sure about the gloves and the dress without the coat though..

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

mbd, the second pic is really great. you look like my mom when she was younger....

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

^ In all honesty, I can't write with those gloves on, so they were to be taken off once I sat down to work at the library of our infernal and incompetent congress. Unfortunately, they're so tight-fitting that...it's like trying to get a jade bracelet on your hand. Not that you would know, or anything. ; )

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

hey, I know about those jade bracelets! can't see your pics though :(
                        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

That Ann dress is absolutely awesome... now off to find one for my better half hahaha
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

dam metro thats nice as fug that junya coat is whats makin the whole fit crazy good for me im goin thru a military phase again been diggin thru my box of old gear and that color green makes me happy like i had my neck cut and a rainbow of skittles came pourin out

edit : i missed wires fit , dude i fuckin love your fits

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                              There's a rule about what designers go with what, whut? Damn son...
                              wait, who is this? oh feewf, thankfully you initial each post i always felt the bold user name and large avatar was too vague too. chatty cathy aside, just do not think the navel length aviator compliments panelled leggings tucked into strappy ann d shoes ( the version without the straps are way more classic ) especially well namely by hof standards. like i said for running around looks fine.

christianegofurself

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it. And although its flattering to hear calls of HOF, I don't think so either. It was practically what I wore 4/5 times whilst touristing up the country though.

pnod: I'd love to see a pic of your castrated ma+. This version of the aviator with pleated elbows and an elongated back is the best so far in my opinion. And the lining, as others have said, is just badass.

As to designer synergy, if you're not happy with MA+ x AnnD...then you ain't going to be happy with the LUC x Julius and Guidi x Uniqlo in the fit either. Definitely a melting pot of labels, but I personally found it just worked. Maybe due to the casualness, maybe due to the colors. I've never thought about matching designers in my wardrobe, all of it is just the 'one' thing to me.

This is more of a fun picture as you can't really see the clothes:

Himeji Castle climbing a rock wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎