Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
    Just had a very pleasant experience with Serie Noire. They answered all my questions quickly and honestly before I decided to buy and shipped the item very quickly after my purchase.
    I'll repeat myself from before; it's great if you have a pleasant experience with a store, but the purpose of this thread is not to list every ordinary purchase or experience you have. Answering questions and shipping the goods is the least you can expect from a store selling expensive premium products. Same goes for fast shipping, the fact that someone decides to use DHL express isn't anything "next level" even if its fast, it serves very little purpose to list these kind of things.

So, lets save this thread for experiences that are extraordinary, both positive and negative, as well as quality discussions concerning customer service.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• applecrisp
      • Jun 2013

Point taken, however, in the title of the thread the words "good" and "bad" don't really evoke the level of extremely exceptional or dismal service that you're requiring here... They're 2 of the blandest words in the english language.

I will keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

(Sacha did include a hand-written thank-you note in my order using beautiful handwriting, does that count?)

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Wasn't the thread originally for BAD experiences exclusively? Those are of course always noteworthy and "out of the ordinary".

IIRC someone didn't like that there was a thread just for bad experiences so the "good" was added. I personally don't see the point.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Seriously.. good communication, fast shipping and pleasant interactions are hardly worth noting and really just a way for people to speed post / bump up to sellers level. Mike makes a good point. If you're not at least getting that, the store isn't worth your money. Hell, Target offers that level of customer service.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
            Wasn't the thread originally for BAD experiences exclusively? Those are of course always noteworthy and "out of the ordinary".

IIRC someone didn't like that there was a thread just for bad experiences so the "good" was added. I personally don't see the point.
            I don't remember the change, but if that happened, I would guess it was for the purpose of giving the possibility to also mention those positive experiences, but like I said I think there should be something unusually good for it to be worth mentioning. And likewise with bad experiences, its no use mentioning every time a package is 2 days late or someone was a bit blunt to you, but if you encountered something severe, it might be worth sharing.

Additionally of course there have been some decent discussions about customers service which I think this is the right place for
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              I'll repeat myself from before; it's great if you have a pleasant experience with a store, but the purpose of this thread is not to list every ordinary purchase or experience you have. Answering questions and shipping the goods is the least you can expect from a store selling expensive premium products. Same goes for fast shipping, the fact that someone decides to use DHL express isn't anything "next level" even if its fast, it serves very little purpose to list these kind of things.

So, lets save this thread for experiences that are extraordinary, both positive and negative, as well as quality discussions concerning customer service.
              I would not be surprised if stores ask members to post positive experiences here in order to boost their sales. (I am not saying it's the case with you applecrisp.)
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

A perfect online shopping experience with Idol Brooklyn: all of mine requests were fulfilled and the parcel was even sent during New Year holidays! As I live in EU I never considered any US stores because of huge tax, but now I going to check Idol more often.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

So ln-cc trolls their customers again by making several certain pieces unavailable for purchase: press "add to basket" just to see nothing happens. This is not the first time it happened and wasting my time for different browsers/without being logged it/while being logged it etc. is tiresome.. I do it every time in vain anyway.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

... or when you choose a size and have to cross your fingers it won´t say "sold out" in the next second.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      ... or when you choose a size and have to cross your fingers it won´t say "sold out" in the next second.
                      Or it actually says "in stock"/"stock is low" but once you try to add it to your basket, nothing happens.

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Yes. Why list every size when some weren't even stocked in the first place? I contacted them once about a size listed and they said they never ordered that size. You have to root through every item's page and hope it's in stock. Prevents me from purchasing more often than not.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          So ln-cc trolls their customers again by making several certain pieces unavailable for purchase: press "add to basket" just to see nothing happens. This is not the first time it happened and wasting my time for different browsers/without being logged it/while being logged it etc. is tiresome.. I do it every time in vain anyway.
                          It means it's sold out but the website is out of sync with their database inventory. Changing browsers won't solve anything.
                          blog

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
                            It means it's sold out but the website is out of sync with their database inventory. Changing browsers won't solve anything.
                            Yes, but since there IS a chance there is something else wrong I still waste my time on changing them. In general, this out of sync issue is what makes them bad.

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Guys it's probably a database update problem, nothing to do with the browser. The only safe way to tell if something is available is to add it to your cart. This problem exists since last year.
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

Anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Number 3 in Athens?
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎