Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

Welcome !

Comment

• LilL.FASH
      • Jul 2012

Hi,
      I've had an account for a while but I am only now getting into posting regularly.
      I'm 18 and have been into this aesthetic for about 2 years. I am from Wales, UK but have lived between Wales and Singapore for the past couple of years. I currently go to university in London.

My favourite designers are: Gareth Pugh, Carol Christian Poell, Rick Owens, MA+ and Nicolas Andreas Taralis.

I Look forward to conversing with everyone on here!

Comment

• ajfromtheblock
        • Jun 2008

Hi all,

Like LilL.FASH I've had an account for many years now, but was never actively involved in the forum. Hope to start spending some more time here and get to discuss some of my favorite designers and new collections etc.

I currently work for a department store and buy men's shoes from brands like Rick Owens and Maison Martin Margiela.

My all time favourite brand has to be Owens and I'm actively trying to expand my personal collection. Others include Rad Hourani and Gareth Pugh.

Thanks!

Comment

• Kali
          • Jul 2014

Hey guys. My name is Danny and I am photographer living in NYC. My favorite designer is Rick Owens. This may sound cheesy but i've never felt so personally connected to a designer and his clothes. Besides Rick I love Julius, Damir and The Viridi Anne. I've always been interested in fashion since I was a teenager.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
            • Feb 2014

Greetings, I am Yaya. After lurking for some time I decided to make an account and introduce myself.
            I am interested in fashion that is practical as well as aesthetically pleasing. I grew up wearing uniforms and now work wearing one every day, and I'm obsessed with work clothes, uniforms and the variations that result from working within very restrictive themes. This also stems from growing up in soviet and communist countries with very severe culture, architecture, etc, so the idea of luxury stemming from very hard working, practical materials such as leather, linen, cotton, and wool is very interesting to me.
            I live in Canada now. I am pretty interested in maintaining a pretty minimal wardrobe, with just the essentials as much as possible. I only add pieces when I can replace ones I have with others of higher quality. I like looking at pretty pictures just like everyone else though, ha. Stylezeitgeist is a constant source of pretty pictures.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ welcome, fellow uniform-wearing Communist refugee.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                /\ welcome, fellow uniform-wearing Communist refugee.
                thank you comrade.

Comment

• Aurum
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                  Were you ever in Santa Cruz? (I'm guessing yes).
                  No, but I have worked NorCal (primarily in San Fransisco). I spent a lot of time in Seattle, along the 101, and Portland.

Comment

• Landadel
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2014

Hello there,
                    I am Romano from Stuttgart, Germany.
                    I´m 23 years old and have just finished my graphic design studies,
                    you can find some of my works here and my personal tumblr is this one.
                    There´s not much to say about me.
                    I was born into a croatian prep family and during the past three years I´ve come
                    to dive into Rick´s aesthetic and therfore thoughtful clothing in general, so now
                    I´m selling a lot of my clothes to reduce my belongings to a minimum and only
                    buy things I need and really want.
                    In my free time I go skateboarding, listen to vinyl and enjoy cheese.
                    I also have a Sufu account (maybe someone knows me from there).

Are there any other SZ skateboarders?
                    Last edited by Landadel; 08-13-2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: ragged margin

Comment

• SafetyKat
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Landadel View Post
                      Are there any other SZ skateboarders?
                      Right here Landel ; skated from my puberty-fueled beginnings until I started college. I've since found my way the long boarding crowd, but I'll always have a love for the tech skaters.

Hi there, my name is Aaron and Im a student living in Philadelphia, originally from Scranton, PA. Currently majoring in media studies and production, I want to consult and help design media utilities for companies with more artistic values (Theaters, clothing companies, performance venues, galleries etc.) While I love the open-mindedness, and "quaint city" vibe of Philly, moving to NYC would ultimately be my dream.

Recently I've been interested in taking my personal style to a more minimalist approach, darker, earthy tones, and focusing on the overall cut and silhouette of the garment instead of something like a visual print. Instead of obsessively diving into the deep end like I do with many of my new interests, I decided it would be best for me to take it slow, and enjoy the journey. Long story short, that is essentially how I found this forum.

I must say, before even heard or been to the SZ forums I somehow stumbled upon the "How did you get started in fashion" page , and ended up reading a large portion of the thread. I felt a connection with many of the stories which eventually led me to join in the first place. Its cool to see a group of people with similar ideas and mindsets start to communicate, find connections with one another, and grow together. Nice to meet you all.

Comment

• breakadawn
                        • Aug 2014

Hello everyone,

My name is Christian and I'm 18 years old. I've lived in Hungary, the UK, and Switzerland, but I've just moved to London to start university (studying History at King's College if anyone's interested). I've been into clothing seriously for about two years now, stemming from an interest in fabrics. That probably explains why my favourite designers include people like Sruli Recht, he in particular sources some pretty crazy materials for his clothes and accessories.

I've got to admit that I was drawn here by the threads on designers and their work, I've learnt a lot from that and have discovered some that I really like, particularly Iris Van Herpen and Gareth Pugh. I'm really happy I finally found a forum where one can discuss those things with such knowledgeable people.

Hope to get to know some of you better!

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                          • Jun 2012

So transparent its almost charming.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Lmao.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Schleudersitz
                              • Sep 2014

27, advertising, came for the classifieds and stayed to read up & maybe chat with the likeminded. Into rick, boris and some julius. {/delurk}

Comment

• HJS
                                • Sep 2012

71 year old retired Wall Street bond trader. After 38 years wearing the "uniform" (albeit with far more of an Italian sensibility than my peers) I now indulge in Guidis, Harnden, MA, VIridi, Julius, etc. Total reversal of former style. Fortunately still can pull this look off. But truly wonder if I'm not the oldest guy here.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎