Re: style inspirationz.

^^^

GESTALT

[8-|]

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]

the man who fell to earth... aside from bowie's amazing hooded coat at the beginning of the film, a scene at the end has him wearing a suit jacket with no shirt and with baggy pants and he looks amazing. wish i had it so i could take a screencap.[/quote]

just fantastic. [64]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't see how any of this consciously or subconsciously inspires or affects how someone dresses when they wake up in the morning.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

I dont think it is that literal. But what you look at and what you are drawn to through your senses, affects your being. I think some may be aware of that more consciously and thus the images presented, others are affected more subconsciously. Everything that we sense affects us in some way, regardless of your awareness. Images, sound, touch, taste...promote a certain feeling, attraction, mood, etc. that stays with us and eventually becomes a part of our expression, becomes a part of our being.
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="kira"]I dont think it is that literal. But what you look at and what you are drawn to through your senses, affects your being. I think some may be aware of that more consciously and thus the images presented, others are affected more subconsciously. Everything that we sense affects us in some way, regardless of your awareness. Images, sound, touch, taste...promote a certain feeling, attraction, mood, etc. that stays with us and eventually becomes a part of our expression, becomes a part of our being.
                [/quote]

This is exactly right!

I find a lot of inspiration in sculptures, artwork, architecture, trash I see on the ground, etc. It just depends how you view it and what kind of context you put it in.

For example;

This photo really inspires me from the lines, textures, and the layers that are buried within. To me it's the form, strength, and raw-ness of the photo that gets me.

Or this; The contrast of a model eating friend chicken. It's silly, but it's the thought of something that isn't necessarily known as the norm (She's wearing high end jewelry while grubbin' on some chicken!).

It's all what you make it; We all find inspiration in what we want to.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                  • Oct 2007

I'm constantly inspired by different aspects of life, the ugly and the beautiful, but certainly a lot of the ugly and the unappreciated.

History, society, cultures are what get me going, but most of all, war. It's primal, disgusting, evil but such a huge part of what makes us human (IMO), even though we rather not admit it to it. But really, when a lot of it just stems from an attraction to the aesthetic of uniforms and gear.

I've always like the pre-70s (before wide use of camouflage and techno-fabrics become staple) military look, and have always try to incorporate heavy wools, knits, boots, dark and drab colors and so on into my style as result.

Please note, I'm not some kind of war mongering monster, in fact I'm very much so opposed to any sort of conflict, I just so happen to have a huge fascination with it and the mentality that goes along with that. I'm really just a fuzzy, touchably-soft bunny rabbit, just don't pet me too hard. [73]

Now for some pics:

Check out them mittens, I like the little deer on it. Pure goth-ninja steez.

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

currently inspired by... masculinity.

Comment

• what_counts
                      • Mar 2008

Comment

• matthewhk
                        • Jan 2007

I found Stephen Chow's character in "CJ7" a style inspiration...something about that shoddy asian construction worker look appeals to me. I think I'm gonna wear the hell out of my yohji henley this summer with some loose pants to achieve a similar effect...i find that as i progress i am developing a greater fondness for sloppy looks.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="kira"]I dont think it is that literal. But what you look at and what you are drawn to through your senses, affects your being. I think some may be aware of that more consciously and thus the images presented, others are affected more subconsciously. Everything that we sense affects us in some way, regardless of your awareness. Images, sound, touch, taste...promote a certain feeling, attraction, mood, etc. that stays with us and eventually becomes a part of our expression, becomes a part of our being.
                          [/quote]

This is exactly right!

I find a lot of inspiration in sculptures, artwork, architecture, trash I see on the ground, etc. It just depends how you view it and what kind of context you put it in.

For example;

This photo really inspires me from the lines, textures, and the layers that are buried within. To me it's the form, strength, and raw-ness of the photo that gets me.

Or this; The contrast of a model eating friend chicken. It's silly, but it's the thought of something that isn't necessarily known as the norm (She's wearing high end jewelry while grubbin' on some chicken!).

It's all what you make it; We all find inspiration in what we want to.

[/quote]

Cas, is that a Terry Richardson photo? Just curious.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Yep.

I came across a bunch of those and started laughing.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

It looked like it! The arrangement, style and the tones... plus it's a nutty photo and he's a big fan. I have one of his curated extra large magazines... there are some... interesting photos there hahaha
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

Image wise, my inspirations are pretty literal. Conceptually, I think the things that inspire me and that I try to work into my style relate to an idea of outsiderdom. When dressing along these lines rather than for convenience, this tends to manifest itself through aesthetic paranoia (balaclavas and the survival / outdoorswear I'm so fond of) which also relates to a degree to the culture that surrounded these pieces (C.P. Company et all) as well as through cleanliness and plainness (I wear nearly the same thing everyday and try to make sure never to wear sneakers, never to be less than completely buttoned-up, mostly monochromatic and highly uniform-life, etc...) as well as co-opting elements of bygone-and-modern outsider communities to create a fun juxtaposition between luxury / fashion against something completely different (I'm working on covering a sleeveless jean jacket I just found in gold studs like the Ervell cardian from this season, for instance).

I may have already done one of these posts, I don't remember, but I've really been trying to figure out what it is that ties my disparate influences together and that seems to more-or-less cover the core of it. The rest still seems too random to work in. Images are, as well, more-or-less randomly selected from each section.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎