X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noergaard
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Williebabzan View Post
    Same for me, could we get a link to these pictures? : )
    Obscur launched a new version of their website yesterday. There you'll find the pictures.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by noergaard; 09-25-2013, 04:40 PM. Reason: launch day confirmed.

Comment

• Goldsmith
      • Dec 2007

Obscur footwear

Anyone familar with fit and quality of the Obscur boots? Where are they produced?

Comment

• Dreavan
        • Mar 2012

Not familiar with their boots but crazy about the poor quality (even worst than H&M) of their linings on the AW12 coats.

I had to reinforce it a little bit everywhere after 2 months wearing it ...

Worst experience ... will keep going for Taralis and Lumen et Umbra.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post
          Not familiar with their boots but crazy about the poor quality (even worst than H&M) of their linings on the AW12 coats.

For the last two seasons the entire production of both clothing and footwear has been moved to Italy...... I cannot speak about the final gamrnts but the FW13 showroom samples I saw was very well made. if the final production pieces are the same everything should be really good quality.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lo-ki
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post

I have a gimp jacket in suede, it suffered dry rot, every time i wore it, a panel would be damaged, it's the worst experience of any fabric I have had the misfortune to come across.

Had it repaired, brought it out to the car, got another panel damaged.... ,
            Held up to the light, it was like see through sheer suede, you could see various parts where the fibers had disintegrated it had become antique suede well before its time.
            She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• Carol2046
              • Mar 2012

Wow. Had no idea Obscur's quality is this bad.

I own two leather pieces from ss12 and both seem to be holding up just fine. Has quality gone downhill since then or is it a piece-by-piece thing?

Comment

• Mrama
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Carol2046 View Post
                Wow. Had no idea Obscur's quality is this bad.

I own two leather pieces from ss12 and both seem to be holding up just fine. Has quality gone downhill since then or is it a piece-by-piece thing?
                Same, I also own two linen jackets from the AW10 collection and the construction seems to be pretty spot on. Just rudimentary ways of finishing seams (which were under a lining so doesn't really matter).
                "All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last." - Marcel Proust

Comment

• Macabre
                  • Nov 2013

Only one of the images are working properly, seeing the rest in the thread would be nice.
                  "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

About the quality regarding to the lining.. Honestly I have 0 bad experience with Obscur but this is about menswear, however my ex bought a Obscur women's jacket nearly a year ago from XxX Berlin and when it arrived, the lining was the worst like you said....these can be fixed easily at a tailor or if you're experienced yourself, but I get the problem, for the amount of price we paid it shouldn't be. I am looking forward to the upcoming collection saw some good stuff, might get something..it's been a few seasons. over all I like Obscur also quality wise.
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎