X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Lately, I see a ton of bullshit in this thread, and no fits. If you want to play at showing random stupid pictures, please find another venue.
    Lets just say the suggestion that "the hof" is some sort of ordering system sounded so ludicrous that I felt I had to answer in kind. It's just a nice gallery where pictures that have a nice composition and good outfits in line with sz aesthetics get posted, nothing to freak out about. I rarely check out but there are some good looks in there.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

No problem, Fuuma. I am talking about general veering off into the pointless lulz chit-chat that's been happening a bit too much.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• premierminister
        • Jul 2008

Bought a pair of A1923 for my BBS pants. I think this works now.

Comment

• HreP
          • Mar 2011

^I don't think this works that well... It may be because I don't like the pants. I think there's something wrong with the fit. Not that it's terrible, though.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

that's because the pants with all of those strings and such looks like a jogging pants/ sweats...........................
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

would look better with some gats or something, pants are too casual IMO

Comment

• premierminister
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                that's because the pants with all of those strings and such looks like a jogging pants/ sweats...........................
                It IS a jogging pants!

Of course the classic "SZ-look" looks better, but I needed some shoes for the jogging pants and I think the A1923s work better than the RO high tops.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Premier, I don't know what a classic SZ look is, but this indeed looks infinitely better.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Premier, I don't know what a classic SZ look is, but this indeed looks infinitely better.

I was just about to ask him what is the "Classic SZ look" until I saw your post........

Comment

• premierminister
                      • Jul 2008

Sorry: MY classic SZ look.

Comment

• crz
                        • Apr 2008

all black, everything

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
                          all black, everything
                          here is a little white for ya

Priest Coat...........................Zam Barrett
                          Overlocked DNA Jeans............Zam Barrett
                          Shirt.................................Neil Barrett
                          Belt..................................Carol Poell
                          Boot................................Carpe Diem

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            I was just about to ask him what is the "Classic SZ look" until I saw your post........
                            from what i have observed, there are 5 main schools of SZ looks (for males that is)

1. The classic skinny RO/_7/CCP leather with tight jeans and combat boots. All black. Oh, but with a drapey rick tank/top in dark shadow hanging down. this style is often rocked by the younger members. Aggressive, but simplistic.

2. the sophisticated bohemian. oversized chinos/formal pants with a blazer and a scarf, in very thought out and matching (or purposefully mismatched) colours. This style is all about the silhouette. Possibly the most "matured" style in here, Margiella, Ann D, Yohi and Harden are staples in this wardrobe. formal drop-crotch (zam barret esque) is a valid alternative to the wider pants. Facical hair is an important Accessoire. Always the same pose when taking WAYWT pictures.

3. mostly MA+, with some Carpe Diem, LUC or Linea mixed in. unbuttoned leather shirt/shirt jacket over a ma+ t-shirt is a must. all in different shades of grey. the CCP overlock leather in the green/grey blend is probably the holy grail of this school. You will probably find a couple of beards in here, too.

4. Rick Owens

5. The Jesus look. Clear hints of oriental, ethnic (almost tribal) inspiration. Damir Doma and BBS are probably the key designer here, along with some of Julius drapey stuff. the fabrics are drapey, soft, flow-ish and dual layered. either sheer leggings or baggy pants. The uneducated would probably mistake this guy for a hippie. The holy Grail is a braided beard.
                            Last edited by quiet noise; 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Lane
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                              4. Rick Owens
                              need more of this again

Comment

• docus
                                • Dec 2010

Nice post quiet noise - very funny - a bit of a caricature, but with a grain of truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎