Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

^ " burberry's " is an old school burberry tag , doesnt necessarily mean its fake its just old

Comment

• elephantstone
      • Jan 2011

yea

burberry's is just the old label....Can't remember when they change it to the current name.....

Comment

• edhohoho
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
        ^ " burberry's " is an old school burberry tag , doesnt necessarily mean its fake its just old
        Originally posted by elephantstone View Post
        yea

burberry's is just the old label....Can't remember when they change it to the current name.....
        Did not know that. Thanks for enlightening me. Obviously all this luxe brand stuff was very new to me at the time. However, the jacket was nothing like the picture...if it was indeed an older Burberry leather jacket, the seller should not have advertised it with a modern runway picture.

BTW, how long ago are we talking in terms of the Burberry's tag being changed to Burberry? That jacket looked like something made in the 80's or early 90s, and I bought it in 2002. And the materials and construction were so poor. Did the change in branding also mark the change in focus to luxury products?

Comment

• Rosenrot
          • Aug 2010

Hmmm... I've never heard of "Burberry's", only "Burberrys". I had owned a magnificent wool cape in the most vibrant forest green once with the Burberrys tag, and it had the knight logo on the tag and the buttons. It may have been old but the quality is the same as what you'd get out of more recent productions. If a leather jacket feels cheap you might have a cause for worry there.

I know Wikipedia is not be the most reliable source, but it's rather helpful.
          Originally posted by Patroklus
          Better too adventurous than not enough
          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

The Burberrys logo changed in the mid-to-late 90s, to the blue Burberry London one... And in 2009 that changed to just Burberry with a few exceptions. If the tag of a non-Prorsum piece writes burberry LONDON you know it's before 2009.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Sometimes, even the masters..

One-legged suede chaps – early {wince} HELMUT LANG. ..

sain't

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                • Oct 2011

From an alternate point of view, a single amputee SZer might be jumping for joy right now

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

And, well, there are few greater joys than watching an amputee jump. Or, try.
                  Leaves them double-amputees shit outta luck though, doesn't it?
                  sain't

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

this dude's collections are all over the place with like quasi rick travesties and sterile biker chicks and weird opening ceremony hipsters, but his bio is what really makes the website for me

You can wear my clothes all day and they won't disintegrate. I collect pens.

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

The girl with her nipples exposed definitely has a downtown sensibility.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

The one on the splash page is wearing a nude bra so in addition to being cheesy he's also a gigantic pussy.

oh hold the fuck on

Comment

• soulshui
                          • Nov 2011

throw in an animal skin and make some benjamin.

Comment

• cremaster
                            • Jan 2010

I would like to defend the Ann D paperweight.
                            I like it. Luckily there are people out there who still use paperweights, write letters, use letter openers pencils and paper, read books ....
                            Not everything is done on computers so to see a designer even think of a thing like a paperweight warms my soul.
                            It's elegant and serves a purpose. What a beautiful thing it is to have a writing desk with the finest pencils, pens, paper, paperweight etc.

Comment

• Czx
                              • Feb 2011

I agree with the above. My mother is an architect of the old kind and of the things I remeber the most from childhood (was sitting by in her studio many times) are the beautiful paperweights she still haves. For some reason I always loved them and I still appreciate how they look and they remind of art that architecture is instantly. For some reason this fits into Ann for me and I would love to buy it for my mother but I propably won't be able to.
                              néant
                              Last.FM paranoia
                              Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                              0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I don't think anyone here had a problem with paperweights in general. It just seems like a bit of sellout when they stamp a piece of scrap leather with a designer's name, fill it with sand and sell it as an intentional object. I'm all for recycling, but c'mon! I have a beautiful Baccarat paperweight at home...this doesn't compare to that, and it probably cost less.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎