• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • limorr
    • Sep 2015

cold dye/overdye process

hello all,

i am quite interested in understanding the cold dye process and overdye process as i find the look extremely interesting. is it possible to attempt in a home workshop? can anyone provide any methods for doing these procedures? i really like some of the stuff luc has done but also some of the old silent tees that have that really unique cold dye finish.

i know the names for both methods sound fairly simple and self explanatory but to no avail was i able to find any insight about them online, and would like some direction before i start testing on my own shirts.

thanks.
  • Aska
    • Feb 2013

I have experimented a bit with cold dye on some home made t-shirts and tanks. I just bought a dye made for cold dyeing, followed the instructions and mixed it in a bucket. For the silent effect you refer to you should use another color on the dye than the fabric or use an undyed natural fabric, depends what you are after. This will leave areas around seams and hems undyed and also create a more uneven overall effect. Another fun thing I tried, inspired by Chalayan, was to cold dye with iron filings, this created a really nice grey and rust patches started to appear over time. Good luck!

Comment

• heticbubble
      • Jul 2023

Both of these processes have titles that seem like they should be self-explanatory, but I have been unable to locate any information about them online and could use some guidance before attempting them on my own shirts.
      driving directions

Comment

• sirisha
        • Jan 2024

Other than my preferred brand, isabel benenato, I see this button to be widely available due to its simplicity. I am still unable to locate them in the digital realm. I would much appreciate assistance from anybody willing to provide their help. snow rider 3d

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎