Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

i dont think the shirt should be tucked, it evens out upper body lower body proportions visually to about 50:50, and with such a nicely cut suit i think it looks great untucked

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

*The perfection is in the imperfection

it's perfectly flawed indeed

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

The boots are awkward, looks like you have giant feets on the pic.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

perfectly flawed? its not vanessa paradis' teeth. the oddness and offness can make an outfit interesting... it can also just flake and leave something to be desired. not that the boots are that bad and snaf does transcend but perfectly flawed seems like a bit of a stretch

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I feel like the above debate is the problem with HOF. Everytime there's a good fit there are cries for HOF and an inevitable backlash of why it's not HOF worthy which always descends in an unnecessarily lengthy debate on a single fit. I always feel bad for the victims of this cycle who are usually being subjected to such controversy only because they posted something good. I know I wouldn't want 3-5 pages speculating on my style/personality/authenticity because I posted a decent fit.

(Edit: Maybe it was pnod's intent to plant the seeds of our own destruction by introducing HOF )
              music

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                I feel like the above debate is the problem with HOF. Everytime there's a good fit there are cries for HOF and an inevitable backlash of why it's not HOF worthy which always descends in an unnecessarily lengthy debate on a single fit.
                God forbid that people have opposing tastes and discuss their viewpoints of why/how it is/isn't HOF worthy. Sure it gets absurd at times but then we move forward. And there's nothing wrong with people intelligently discussing why something works or doesn't aesthetically. Sometimes the quality of discussion dips and people digress but overall, these aren't youtube comments. Most people seem to put thought into raising a point.

I always feel bad for the victims of this cycle who are usually being subjected to such controversy only because they posted something good. I know I wouldn't want 3-5 pages speculating on my style/personality/authenticity because I posted a decent fit.
                Then don't post photos of yourself in a public forum. I guess that's the short of it. Maybe we should make things in SZ the way they are in the 'real world?' "EVERYONE GETS TO BE IN HOF! Nobody's style or fit is any better than anyone else's! WE'RE ALL WINNERS JUST FOR TRYING!"

Then we can give out SZ trophies to everyone who posts a photo for 'participating.'

HOF is interesting because it's a place where really good fits go for future reference (and for archiving) and for new members who want to see images without scrolling through the lengthy discussions.

But I still think we could give trophies out to all participants to make them feel better.

edit: Goddamn that word, 'authenticity.'
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Simmer down man, you're reading a lot into what I wrote and jumping to conclusions that have nothing to do with what I wrote. I have never once said we can't be critical and that everyone is a winner. I just get sick of every other fit getting called for the HOF and the tired debate that ensues about what warrants HOFness or not. Not everything benefits from a hierarchical competitive atmosphere (ie. we can discuss things intelligently without having to rank them in the SZ continuum of greatness).
                  music

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Fucking hell...that's hilarious. This is by far the most opinionated thread and people don't seem to budge much. Very critical and at times, biased. I suppose that's the nature of it. Some members post THE SAME SHIT and people kiss ass while others really take the criticism to heart and try to improve only to be beaten on once more. It's an odd thread. You say tomato.. I say you're pronouncing it wrong. But yeah.. if you can't take the heat...

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

casem I think somebody else would have up with a similar idea. it's like an sz wiki/bio. a time capsule. now everybodys obsessed w archiving. children will have their entire lives archived. everyone is in their own private Truman show. I thought that it made sense for a community to write it's own history/obituary.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

Marni jacket that Faust hates

http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Can we just get rid of the Hall of Fame all together?

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

genevieve, nice furniture..

i think the longer i'm a member here, the less i care about the hof thread..

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                              Simmer down man, you're reading a lot into what I wrote and jumping to conclusions that have nothing to do with what I wrote. I have never once said we can't be critical and that everyone is a winner.
                              Maybe you didn't but I remembered from our earlier exchange what a fan of hyperbole you are so I thought I'd make use of it.

I think the idea of people holding up cameras at themselves, shooting off 100 shots, going through to find the perfect one and then posting it on the internet is a ridiculous idea to begin with. It's the true essence of the absurd that people no longer find odd because it occurs with such frequency. Not just SZ obviously...but you name it. People love to post photos of themselves on the internet.

And since that's part of the game and I'm just a player, I'm honest enough to acknowledge that in this situation, some people will be really good and what they're shooting for, others will be really bad. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging it. HOF is neither here nor there; if it didn't exist, there would still be discussion about positives/negatives and there would still be debates.

But the hierarchy sets itself in a situation like this. Haven't you ever read Lord of the Flies? It's just that somebody has to be Piggy in a situation where people are allowed an opinion. And somebody else always has the conch.

Let's face it: If it weren't for buying/selling (classifieds) or taking photos of themselves, there are several members who wouldn't have a presence on here hardly at all.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

genevieve fantastic fit. cute, smart, well-proportioned. would love a men's trouser with the same upper/lower volume proportions.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎