X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Zamb: wow, i love that scarf. goes super well with your skin tone. what label is it?

Comment

• Eye
      • Jan 2010

Zam, this is great. Makes me want to catch that coat now and wear it to the death... Boots are perfectly matching the outfit though.
      WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        JD May : the main problem is that the asymmetry of this piece does not answer to anything in your outfit. Thus it looks gratuitous and unnecessary.Something more basic would probably have done the job better.
        Mail-Moth ...looking thru the last 4 pages is just you being a hater. I think most of the guys here that wear the tight clothes, can and will and shouldn't get killed for not dressing like some old dead poet. I mean matching a blue jacket w/ blue pants and whatever shade of black shoes w/ your usual scarfs tucked isn't exactly fucking shit up. And all your gigantic pants just scream old/tired. Just what I think, young it up a little, you may not be dead yet.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I thought he presented valid arguments in each case of critique, nothing wrong with that.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

^^ I don't get the 'tight' thing. Where did I write something about people 'wearing the tight clothes' in the last few pages ?
            As for the rest, I agree, I dress boringly, always wear the same stuff and look older than my age. And why would I bother giving another image of myself when this one sounds so accurate ?
            I don't care about looking young or 'fucking shit up'. At all. Some people here will never understand that, some others do, I'm fine with both.
            Last edited by Mail-Moth; 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM.
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

I really hate it when guys try to emasculate other guys by pointing out some feminine-leaning perception, be it the shape of their shoes or the way they happen to be standing. It's the dude equivalent of how woman get catty by putting another female down. Some of you are making it sound like he's wearing goddamn pantyhose just because he's got on skinny pants (even leggings don't qualify as "tights", FYI). And since when did non-clunky shoes suddenly become "dance shoes"? pfff..

Pardon me for saying so, Pumpfish, but judging from your recent post in Men's Fragrances below, you don't exactly strike me as a paragon of masculinity yourself.
              Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
              I use a clean vetiver on top of Creed's Bois Du Portugal.
              Thus, when I read your advice for alex.a to ".. consider swapping tights and dancing shoes for tight jeans and anchor with boots", it carried little value, compared to the respect it may've received had you been a bit more, well.. respectful.

Let's not forget, gentlemen, that most of you – with your fine woolens & hand-cobbled footwear – would be called out as ballerinas in a heartbeat outside of the artisanal vacuum in which you reside. Simply walking down the wrong street in a "less-than-enlightened" part of town would do it. Hell, who are we kidding – judgments based on dress still fly in all but the most urban of environs; just about every suburban 'hood will likely offer each of you at least one "fuck off, you pansy" at some point in time.
              There exists a thread called "Strangers reactions to your clothes" on this very forum for a reason..

Note to alex.a: (this isn't the time to bow to dumb pressure/ apologize for your own style/ concede anything to those living in glass houses. Fuck that. It's where you throw down a couple of these: to show just how much you care.)

sain't

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                ...outside of the artisanal vacuum in which you reside.
                Love that line.

I don't find anything particularly feminine with his outfit...I still don't care for it, but nothing in it spoke to me as being anti-masculine.

...I live in a tranny populated neighbourhood, so maybe I'm jaded, but I happen to like a bit of androgyny anyway.

Question - is there a WAYWT thread for just pictures? I like reading the snark, but sometimes I just want to browse without 10 pages of arguments between each pic.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  Question - is there a WAYWT thread for just pictures? I like reading the snark, but sometimes I just want to browse without 10 pages of arguments between each pic.
                  Answer - yes. it's called lookbook.nu
                  . . . go check it out.
                  sain't

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                    Answer - yes. it's called lookbook.nu
                    . . . go check it out.
                    If those were the outfits I wanted to see, I'd hang out in front of American Apparel.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

alex.a's look was certainly one for manly men around 1350...

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

^ I'd hit it

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          With a beard no less. Srsly, I think this ain't bad at all, even with the shoes, but I would definitely go for something chunkier on the feet myself. But maybe I just need more support to stand straight.
                          The dreamy look however... dude, there better be a fair maiden on a balcony to your right. With you about to break into song...
                          Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

Interest1, we can only discuss how people look, now who they are. Maybe alex.a is a UFC champion, but the tighties with repettoes definitely LOOK emasculating.

And, Shucks, we aren't in 14th Century, sorry.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                              ^^ I don't get the 'tight' thing. Where did I write something about people 'wearing the tight clothes' in the last few pages ?
                              As for the rest, I agree, I dress boringly, always wear the same stuff and look older than my age. And why would I bother giving another image of myself when this one sounds so accurate ?
                              I don't care about looking young or 'fucking shit up'. At all. Some people here will never understand that, some others do, I'm fine with both.
                              Upsilonking is a rebel, you see - like Good Charlotte. Real punk rock. Hangs out with Avril Lavigne and shit. It's hard core. No place for for old, contemplative fuckers like you in his life.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• and the hidden insult to all women is the use of the word emasculating as something bad, insinuating that it would inherently be worse to be feminine than masculine. which is not true.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎