• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Welcome, limorr
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpretender
      • Jul 2008

hello everyone

hi faust! hi everyone! i have been lurking on this site for the longest time so i figured i might as well start posting.

my name is JP. i live in between manila and paris. my interests include fashion, photography and traveling. i also love thrifting in my spare time. yohji, rei and dries are my favorite designers. i'm also an avid supporter of independent and up-and-coming designers.

happy to be a part of this community. and i'm looking forward to know you guys. also, if you happen to be in paris, i'm always up for coffee or window shopping meet-ups!
      www.jponfashionspeed.com

Comment

• Impression
        • Nov 2014

Hi!

I've been lurking for a while now and I think it's about time I post. I'm a physics student living in Paris. I'm eager to be a part of this community, because among the few fashion-related forums that I visited, SZ is the only one that really clicked. I've got a lot to learn and I think getting involved in this forum is the best way to do so!

Comment

• ayra
          • Nov 2015

Introduce

hi all

I am from Bangladesh. I am currently studying in fashion designing. Recently I join these forum. I love fashion because i like to design clothes and many more.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Welcome, new members!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bshieldz
              • Oct 2015

I'm a student at Parsons, majored in Design and Management.

My favorite designers:

Die-hard:

Errolson Hugh of Acronym, the gatekeeper of technical fashion. planning to start an archive thread for him some day

Martin Margiela , well if you've read the white book from MMM you'll know

In love

The old dream team: Altieri, Amadei, Luca

Boris and Tatsuro of Julius

Jun Takahashi

Comment

• DNHT
                • Dec 2015

Thought I might be the oldest on the board, but inspired by HJS above, I'm biting the bullet.

I'm 45, a consumer researcher and photographer, and have been spending my disposable income on clothing for nearly 30 years... so I've still got CdG and Yohji from the late 80's in my wardrobe (not to mention a whole load of Gaultier that I'll never wear again). In the last decade, quite a bit of Paul Harnden and few pieces of Geoffrey B Small have found their way in there.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DNHT View Post
                  Thought I might be the oldest on the board, but inspired by HJS above, I'm biting the bullet.

I'm 45, a consumer researcher and photographer, and have been spending my disposable income on clothing for nearly 30 years... so I've still got CdG and Yohji from the late 80's in my wardrobe (not to mention a whole load of Gaultier that I'll never wear again). In the last decade, quite a bit of Paul Harnden and few pieces of Geoffrey B Small have found their way in there.
                  Welcome. Post your old Japanese stuff in the garment archives section!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DNHT View Post

you dont have to wear but you can appreciate!

Long live GAUL-tier!
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• shellface
                      • Jan 2016

Hello!

I live in NZ, so clothing I like is hard to get as it is very far away from japan and europe. All of the clothes i like have to be bought online.

My favourite designers are Raf Simons, Hedi Slimane, Jun Takahashi, and Yohji Yamamoto.

Comment

• PUCK
                        • Feb 2016

Hello SZ!

Sorry I found this late, I've been lurking on SZ for a few years, recently decided to join. Found Zam's thread searching for something one day and never looked back, he's still my personal favorite not just for what he makes, but his philosophy and stance on it.

I'm a jack of all trades type, live in NJ, love fashion/art at the point where they meet, which is what SZ is for me personally.

Trying to convert my wife one skipped H&M trip at a time ;)

Comment

• cpasin
                          • Mar 2016

Hey guys, been lurking for a short time and really like the forum, so had to join. From LA and quite big into men's fashion. Hope you're all well!

Comment

• HohoKing
                            • Mar 2016

Hello SZ!

Stumbled upon the SZ website & forum roughly about half a year ago and finally created an account. Big fan of Yohji Yamamoto, Geoffrey B. Small Comme Des Garcons, Christopher Nemeth.

I do have interest in designers like Ann D, Dries Van Noten, and many more.

Looking foward to contribute to this forum and meeting all of u guys in the future.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Welcome, everyone!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• falkenauge
                                • Nov 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm 24 and from Switzerland but both parents are from Croatia. So in a way I always felt a bit as a stranger in both my countries and also in school. I just cared about different things and the kids didn't appreciate that. As I was lonely a lot, I've found interest in fashion when I was 14. Later on I wanted to study fashion but my parents prevented that because I wasen't talented at drawing/sketchig. So I studied communications (which was interesting) and now I work in an office for an international company where I'm stuck wearing a suit..

Well, at the age of 18 I fell in love with Rick Owens. It was crazy, different and totally how I felt. Of course I didn't have the money than but I did once visit his store in London and it was magical.

Now I have a steady income and because of my job frustration I find peace and interest in clothing even more. So I've very recently started to build my wardrobe. My honest wardrobe. Starting with Rick and DRKSHDW and now more and more Boris.

And instead of always being a consumer, I've bought a sewing machine and a serger as I want to make t shirts for myself. This made me appreciate clothing even more.

So yeah, clothing actually gives me peace and happiness in my rather boring and unsatisfied office world (my private life is good). And I hope that one day I will find a job where I can be passionate about my work. And I think it would be fashion but Switzerland is no fashion country.

Anyway, I really appreciate thia forum and all of you. I've been lurking for quite some time now and the knowledge and interest here is immense. This is something special.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎