• Sep 2014

Also a nice range of seating by Well Proven Chair

The Stromboli daybed is £4,900

V A N II T A S

Comment

• nathaliew817
      • Sep 2014

Also found out about Faye Toogood,
      I feel like she's in the same universe as Rick Owens perhaps a little less brutalist?

A daybed

Coffee table

Coffee table

Lamp

Door Knobs

I don't know what this is, but I like it
      V A N II T A S

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Just came across Catellani & Smith lighting, quite amazing

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          You need to see it to believe it.

LMD STUDIO - RICK OWENS, PARTS OF FOUR, ETC.
          I loved this article, thank you so much.

I've been following Evan and Lukas on social media for what feels like forever now... their work never fails to be a source of inspiration; seeing what can be possible on such a large scale.

I would give anything to hang one of those magnificent crystal pendant lamps in my home, except my home is probably not worthy Same for Lonney's couch - such a masterpiece; a show piece since the most intricate sculpture detailing is on the back and sides - no putting that sofa up against a wall...
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I've seen the white slashed globe pendant before, lowery. It's gorgeous.

Also love Faye Toogood (though I can do without her recent foray into clothes. Why the hell does everyone with a creative bone think they can design clothes all of a sudden???)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Just came across Catellani & Smith lighting, quite amazing
              very 'poetic', but if u are into that genre, i'd argue maurer still is the man...

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                • Jan 2011

yeah shucks,
                why not add the Maurer classic Lucellino:

I never got into such poetic pieces. Partly due to that, I don’t understand the new wave of "ecclectic" interior design and furniture, such as the Stromboli daybed posted above. I see the aesthetic theory behind it, but with so much ornament and decoration, I wonder how we got there after modernism.

Or something like that. Nevermind.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I've seen the white slashed globe pendant before, lowery. It's gorgeous.
                  yea, the light patterns are pretty neat

I actually came across the manufacturer as I was looking for new wall lighting for our living room / kitchen. It's a big space and I want indirect or ceiling facing lighting which is tricky to find (the combination of style, size+shape, enought power etc).

These are actually led powered and seem to pack a punch:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

What about the apparatus sconces? They are pretty neat.

Founded in 2012, Apparatus is a New York based interdisciplinary design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture, objects and spaces.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

well I think the only option with enough indirect light would be the Pivot Sconce, those would look nice on the pilars actually and could use led bulbs on them, but they are $1k each and I'd need 2-3.. The Catellani&Smith one above is pretty reasonable imo, about €250.

right now I have some cheap industrial flood lights which look alright but they have 150W halogens that break too often. the 17.5W led sounds pretty good compared to that

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, Appartus is quite expensive, unfortunately :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

Im looking for some new sealing lights for my place, basically i want something simple modest understated and white... maybe a grey but something that can work in a small space without being overpowering or eye catching. ...

i pretty much have bare bulbs : i have no problem with them but I'm doing a fresh coat of paint throughout and wondered if there was a nice simple balance that is nicer without being too 'flashy' excuse the pun...

open to suggestions ... lowrey you might know something? even just nice bright bulbs on good cords? I really have no clue and its quite a task to start.

Comment

• tobsucht
                            • Feb 2011

depending on the room i really like this diy project

Comment

• tobsucht
                              • Feb 2011

can someone identify the chairs in the background?

Comment

• Tiranis
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tobsucht View Post
                                can someone identify the chairs in the background?
                                Can't help with identifying them myself but you could probably get in touch with the interior designer in question — who was discussed here a while back — Lukas Machnik.

SZ even did a profile on him: http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2015/05/l...of-4-and-more/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎