X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I think had he closed the jacket the swingers would work. These types of pants on an RO outfit work best with a tight top part of the body.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Scander
      • Jul 2013

Trying a CDG shirt blazer, good light.

:)

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by casem View Post
        cape weather:

slp
        undercover
        ann
        u and jogu pull some of the most interesting A-line silhouettes on sz. good stuff.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

^ what shucks said. i was considering the cape for myself to wear with visvim stuff.
          Last edited by AKA*NYC; 12-22-2014, 07:32 PM.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• YTheLastMan
            • Apr 2014

Not the greatest first post pic but hey, xmas eve content.

Rick
            Julius
            Rick
            Carpe Diem

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

ok dudley u suck even more than i do with the mirror pix, but that's a badass look. that stag bomber is money. what are those flaps underneath though - a savage t-shirt?

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Thanks Shucks and AKA, hadn't thought of it but yea my last couple fits posted were a-line. Love this cape, it's the one thing I really wanted this season.

Yea, pieces Dudley is wearing probably look great but pic is soooo bad.
                music

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Haha thanks, and yeah, someday I might put money into home decor with a nicely lit closet mirror.

The flaps are from the DRKSHDW sleeveless druid hoodie layered over skirt pants.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• shuit
                    • Apr 2012

hmm.. Casem, where did that cape end on your body..? I might be wrong but from the angle of the photo I would assume that the length of the cape hit quite a risky spot (very close to your knee level). Any thing that end around or very close to the knee in my experience usually make the whole proportion looks really feminine and wonky for men.. Have you try those cape with any baggier trouser that don't highlight your legs shape as much as the jeans? It will help trick the eyes and make your proportion more balance.

Look really comfy dudleygray.

n(n) preacher hat
                    ph mac coat
                    raf raw edges short sleeves hoodie
                    raf poltergeist long sleeves crewneck
                    rounstable tee shirt
                    dior homme suede d belt
                    deadend
                    guidi

Stephan Schneider Wool Mohair Scarf (09)
                    Julius Shredded Deer Skin (09)
                    roUnstable Scoop Neck Tee (10)
                    Undercover Scab Jeans (03)
                    No Label Legging
                    Guidi
                    Ma+: Bangle .925/ Staple Belt
                    Carpe Diem: 925 C Ring/ Embryo Bag
                    MMM Nail Ring (09)

ps: have a nice Christmas sz.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

s
                      Originally posted by shuit View Post
                      hmm.. Casem, where did that cape end on your body..? I might be wrong but from the angle of the photo I would assume that the length of the cape hit quite a risky spot (very close to your knee level). Any thing that end around or very close to the knee in my experience usually make the whole proportion looks really feminine and wonky for men.. Have you try those cape with any baggier trouser that don't highlight your legs shape as much as the jeans? It will help trick the eyes and make your proportion more balance.

not agreeing at all. the whole point of that type of look is the contrast between slim legs and oversized/voluminous cape. it's that adolscent/'teenage angst' thing. like wearing a huge military parka over a slim suit etc etc. very (old) raf.

merry xmas to u too though.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Also disagree. That's exactly the length of outerwear that looks best on me. If anything gives casem's silhouette femininity (and I don't think it's feminine) it's the A-line of the cape.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shuit
                          • Apr 2012

thanks shuck! I hope you are having a nice holiday.

For cape, I believe there are many things to take into consideration.. I usually focus on the height of a person, the fullness/length of the cape, and the fit of the things underneath the cape(shoes included). Now... I don't know which type of look Casem is trying to achieve or how tall he is so please don’t take my comment so strongly Casem..

For the cape that have a lot of fullness, I realized that people’s eyes tend to focus on the shape of the cape and forgive the proportion of the leg. But for the pieces like that of Casem's where there are not much fullness. I find the length of the cape and the tightness of the trouser to be really important. Because our eyes catch the clean line of the cape instantly. Especially when the hem end very close to the knee. My eyes recognize that of the skirt silhouette right away. (which is not a bad thing)

Personally, I find that the silhouette work best either when the cape end at upper thigh level or
                          when it cover at least 1/4 or 1/2 of the leg. Doesn't matter whether if the cape is flared or not.
                          It work nice on most body type.

-If the cape hit upper thigh, it elongate the leg. If a wearer is not very tall and it hit that middle portion of your thigh, the effect is reverse.
                          This length work well with the slim leg & oversized cape look (04-06 crazed) that shuck mentioned. I personally find this silhouette very feminine.. but it looks really nice when executed properly.

- If the cape hit 1/4 or 1/2 of the leg, it highlight the silhouette of the cape almost completely.
                          The proportion of the pant will help support the cape shape. And since most cape are quite relax, any baggier pant will do the job. The photos I attached is not a cape, but it produced the classic, masculine A line. It's harder for petite body type. But it's totally doable if the cape is not too wide/long.

It's really hard to find a nice, life size example to show. But I use most of this proportion rule that I experienced with and it work on many of the model with different body type that I work with. But many of you probably know more than I do, so any input will be appreciated.

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2013

That might be a too scientific approach to fashion (art).

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I don't mind shuit, I appreciate your thoughtful approach. Though I do disagree, I like the way skinny pants look with a more oversized/a-line top and I think the vintage military kind of material keeps it from being too feminine. It hits about the knee, also I'm taller than it appears in the photo because of the angle. The cape is very unfussy IMO which is what I like about it, can easily be thrown over a big sweater, a leather, a suit etc. Big pants could look cool, I just tend to be lazy about my bottom half and throw on black jeans half the time though I do have some looser options.
                              music

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by casem View Post
                                I don't mind shuit, I appreciate your thoughtful approach. Though I do disagree, I like the way skinny pants look with a more oversized/a-line top and I think the vintage military kind of material keeps it from being too feminine.
                                with all due respect, I thought you were a female just until someone had clarified it in this thread. I've never really seen another photograph of you, and as you state the angle isn't helping much either.

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                                That might be a too scientific approach to fashion (art).
                                I don't see what the problem with meticulous styling is, it's what gets you to buy online at the end of the day and why some retailers have a hard time moving great pieces. Atelier's styling was just as meticulous as shuit is, if not more.
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎