• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    agreed
    2 more than Rick though
    which is the one good one in your opinion?
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      which is the one good one in your opinion?
      ah man, people are being too critical here.
      But to your question, consensus seems to be Stag or Exploder, right? As in "the good old days".
      Same same everywhere...
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

to me it's crust: it's the only show that i really like by Rick, since SS10 i'm constantly disappointed. And at the time the garments were still nice IRL. I can't understand how people can deny that the materials and cut, with exceptions of course, have seriously declined.
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
          I hope Slimane stays away from Rock influences and being some hip gay dude and brings some elaborate designs to the label.
          he's obviously capable of more than skinny jeans and white high tops but i think he is intrinsically 'hip' and naturally likes to develop and maybe even exploit things that are emerging as cool in culture. will be interesting to see because, save for a few top 50 rap anthems, there aint jack shit happing these days to play on.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            to me it's crust: it's the only show that i really like by Rick, since SS10 i'm constantly disappointed. And at the time the garments were still nice IRL. I can't understand how people can deny that the materials and cut, with exceptions of course, have seriously declined.
            Yes, Crust was pretty epic, for many reasons. One being that it was the first men's show as you know.
            Out of curiosity, are you equally disappointed with the women's offering?
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

i think the order, imo, is stag-exploder-crust

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              ah man, people are being too critical here.
              But to your question, consensus seems to be Stag or Exploder, right? As in "the good old days".
              Same same everywhere...

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

I perosonally think crust was the highest level rick achieved, because it incorporated a lot of elements under one collection I feel. The drama was there, and it still mixed some street with the more elegant and dramatic pieces. Everything was so theatrical, but wasn't so far removed you couldn't see this being rocked in the street. What I most like is that the aggression was balanced with femininity which avoided it being too trite and juvenile.

Leather designs were top notch, and I think its one of the best helpings of quality and design, seems like things have taken a bad turn as far as that goes even in the design realm. I honestly don't feel he can ever top the berger as a biker leather, though.

Also, to stay on topic

concerning Hedi, its gonna be interesting what direction he takes with this. I want his essence to still be there, but at the same time YSL is a different animal. Not asking for every collection to be some Luster or something, but I'd like for some of his influences to be intact even though hes under this new label.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  Yes, Crust was pretty epic, for many reasons. One being that it was the first men's show as you know.
                  Out of curiosity, are you equally disappointed with the women's offering?

No, not at all, I still love most of what he's doing for women actually. Probably one of the reasons why i dislike the recent men's offering so much is the laziness of the systematic transfer of the women's designs to men. It results in a precious and awkward vision of men to my eyes.

I'd bet he does not design for men anymore.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

^i'd bet you're right. wonder what the sales split between men and women is. Anecdotally, I can see a wealthy older woman buying a few rick staples/leathers/palais pieces where chances are a 50 yr old overweight banker is not going to buy a showtek anytime soon

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I don't like these talks of facing off (Suzy Menkes said the same). Can't they just do their work? What is this, some fashion duel?
                      Woody Allen was quite right when he said competition in the arts was stupid and crass. I hear his take on parenting isn't as popular....
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

PARIS — Hedi Slimane will be named on Wednesday as the new creative director at Yves Saint Laurent, according to a senior executive at YSL’s parent company, PPR, who has followed Mr. Slimane’s career in the world of artistic photography.
                        The executive would not be named until after the announcement because of the sensitivity of the subject.
                        The appointment has been expected since Stefano Pilati’s departure, after almost eight years as the label’s creative director, was announced last week.
                        Mr. Slimane was men’s wear director at YSL from 1996 to 2000.
                        Suzy Menkes, NYT (article here)
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yay, now I can sell my Anthology of the Decade...
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              wonder what the sales split between men and women is.
                              Last one off topic, apologies.
                              Around 30/70 afaik.

Comment

• jordie
                                • Mar 2012

his agent Laurence all but confirmed it the other day, its been known for months apparently...from what I heard, Hedi was somewhat reluctant for a while.
                                @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎